Is there a club in your bag that doesn't see much of the course?

ddelloch

Reaction score
Handicap
I was just cleaning the weekend mud off and wiping all the clubs down and noticed that my 6 irons looks practically brand new compared to my other irons. I started thinking about it and can remember 1 par 3 in my last 5 rounds where I pulled it out. Other than that I can't think of a single shot on the course where it came out of the bag. 6 iron is my 175-180 club at the moment and I guess I never really find myself that distance out, or I haven't in the 6 rounds I have played with these irons.

Any one else come across this now that they have thought about it?

My three wood is hook city for me and I hit my three hybrid just as far.

For me, it's my 3W.

I dont have the distance to spare on the course to take it from the tee too often, and I rarely hit it off the deck.

5 iron for me. For some reason, I just don't find myself in that distance between a 4 and 6 iron all that often. And subconsciously, I always pull either a 4 or a 6 to hit punch shots when needed (a lot this past weekend :banghead:).

5 iron for me. For some reason, I just don't find myself in that distance between a 4 and 6 iron all that often. And subconsciously, I always pull either a 4 or a 6 to hit punch shots when needed (a lot this past weekend :banghead:).
Same here, dude. I could probably game a 6-PW setup in my irons and take a high lofted hybrid for the 5i spot.

I'm the same as these others, my 3w and 5i are the least used. Ill pull 3w occasionally on the tee but rarely anywhere else

I would say my 6 is the least used. At the new club I joined it makes me use all clubs in the bag but the 6 is the least used for sure.

3 wood and 52 degree wedge and 8 iron rarely do I use those three clubs. The 52 out of those 3 is the one hit the least. I can go a couple rounds without pulling it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 iron. I don't hate it or anything, it just never ends up being the right club.

Same here, dude. I could probably game a 6-PW setup in my irons and take a high lofted hybrid for the 5i spot.
My problem is, I'm not all that confident standing over a hybrid either. I'm 99% sure I'm going to a 4h this summer though. It would have to be a high lofted hybrid that is really easy to hit for me to go to a 5h.....Bobby Jones what...?

My 52 degree wedge. And my hybrids currently since I seem to be topping them a lot lately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My problem is, I'm not all that confident standing over a hybrid either. I'm 99% sure I'm going to a 4h this summer though. It would have to be a high lofted hybrid that is really easy to hit for me to go to a 5h.....Bobby Jones what...?
I've thought of a 5h or 4h as well.

Intriguing.

3 wood and 52 degree wedge and 8 iron rarely do I use those three clubs. The 52 out of those 3 is the one hit the least. I can go a couple rounds without pulling it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't get that much use out of my 52 either but I do know that a 1/2 52 will put me at 100 on the dot every time. So even though it might not make it out round to round I absolutely love the confidence I get standing on the 100y marker with a middle pin knowing that as long as I make good contact I'm going to have a short putt.

60 degree wedge. I use it from 50-75 yards, but that's about it.

I rarely hit my 4 or 5 irons so I pulled then out and went 6-GW in the set with 54 & 58 at the bottom. I threw in hybrids to fill gaps between 6i & Driver. I just put a 3w in the bag, but really that's only for a couple of tighter driving holes.

At my home course, for me it's my 3 wood. I hit it once, maybe twice per round. In recent memory, I can only think of one time I've used it more than that and it was an extremely windy day where I needed less or more club than usual on some holes.

Not really, I use them all. If anything, my 54* wedge gets the least use, because for the very short shots I tend to use the 58. The 54 gets used when I need a little extra rollout or for full swings from 90 or 95 yards.

Haven't carried my 3 wood all year. My 7 wood has turned into my Billy Baroo. I only use it for a shot every couple rounds, but I've hit 4 or 5 great shots in a row with it. 190 yard par 3. Approach into the wind over water from 185. I popped a tee ball up with driver late last year & had about 210 to the green. The ball popped up on a piece of grass, almost like on a tee. Pulled the tryst 7w and knocked it stiff. Its by far my oldest club I carry and I use it like it has limited number of shots left in it. Use wisely.

Rarely do I hit a 5i or 6i. Unless I am on a course where I can use one of them off the tee often, they rarely see the course at all.

my 5i has been seeing a lot of use this year off the tee on short par 4's where I am trying to stay away from trouble as well as a lay up club on a lot of par 5's that I'm not worried about getting too close in 2.

My 4i never sees action on the course and rarely sees any time on the range

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

My 60 degree wedge comes out only once or twice a round.... Everything else usually gets so use throughout the round.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

My 3i and 4i I try not to use.. I just cant hit them good when needed.. at the range I can launch the ball... on the course it goes low.and slices

Hence why I want/need 3H 4Hybrid!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

My 5I for the last year or so and recently my 2H has also been in "timeout." I have been hitting the 4H really well, so I tend to hit that or the 4W on longer shots, and for shorter shots I have been trying to choke down and punch the 4h a little more instead of the 5I.

I was actually thinking today I need to get some range time in with both so I have some more confidence in them next time I have the distance for either club.

Long term, I think I may have to look at a 5H and possibly a 7w to replace those clubs..... Oh my bank account (and wife) do not want to hear that....

My hybrid, I have quite a few over the past few years, and I can not find a consistent performer. It is basically a wasted spot in my bag. I strongly prefer my 4i.

Back