Callaway Supersoft Ball

I saw these at Dick's and really want to give them a try

They come in yellow so you can always see them coming.

It's a great ball. I pulled the other ones out of my bag and bought a couple dozen more.

They come in yellow so you can always see them coming.

It's a great ball. I pulled the other ones out of my bag and bought a couple dozen more.

Haha awesome no better way to test your reflexes.

Thanks man. I need to read through this thread but I am pretty sure that they will fit my game.

All the SS love is making me want to grab a dozen. My local GS didn't have any sleeves when I was there a few weeks ago, and I don't know if I can justify another box of balls with having 5 doz+ sitting in my closet right now...

First chance to play them last Wednesday and was very impressed. My gigantic slice was gone. When I get a full shoulder turn I can hit it straight so I'd like to think it was that and not the ball that accounted for long straight drives. Yeah you're right ... it's the ball.

This sounds like a ball right up my alley. Is there anywhere you can get a mixed dozen? It would be cool to get a sleeve of these, sleeve of duos, sleeve of couple other balls without paying the "per sleeve" price!

Not got driver but when fitted for irons, was around 73 with 6 iron, I seem to recall (vaguely) that 6i is expected to be around 85% of driver so 88 maybe???
Definitely not fast tho!!

Thanks. Mine is 90 so def sounds like could be a great ball for me..

Breezed through the golf aisle at Target today. This was the only ball they carry that was sold out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Breezed through the golf aisle at Target today. This was the only ball they carry that was sold out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Having trouble keeping up with demand here in Australia too especially the yellow version.

Picked up a dozen today at the PGASS. Had a $10.00 reward certificate so got them for $9.99.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Quiet course this afternoon so had me a little two ball better ball with myself and a couple of supersofts.
Played two balls per hole, recorded the best score.

Sometimes it was the first ball, sometimes the second, the non scoring ball could have been heading for 8s or 9s so not a true score but more indicative.

2014-04-20%20card.png

Wind was a little stronger than yesterday but by no means windy, more breezy.

The distance I'm seeing with this ball is astonishing.

Won't do the whole round but I've been playing this course from one to five times a week for 14 months and I have never...
- hit 9i second shot to 1st.
- started par/par
- hit 9i second shot to 5th
- hit so many par 4 GIR
- hit 4 230yd drives in a round (trivial to some, massive for me)
- been just short of 14th in 2 (missed 3 foot birdie putt doh!)
Shots with the breeze were the furthest I've hit consistently, into the wind I was getting near or past the usual landmarks I'd be seeing if I was playing with the wind.

Like I said, not a real round but so darn encouraging. I'm sure it would have been better but I was getting tired and careless on the back 9.

I also did a couple of holes with an E6 and a DX2 in the mix, supersoft went further and scored better each time.

"Game changer" is easy to throw about but going from playing my second shot on the 1st hole as a 3w from the 18th fairway to a 9i from the 1st fairway feels pretty good!
If you're slower swingspeed and haven't tried this ball I'd definitely encourage you to do so. Maybe even if you're a faster swinger but I have no experience of that!

Quiet course this afternoon so had me a little two ball better ball with myself and a couple of supersofts.
Played two balls per hole, recorded the best score.

Sometimes it was the first ball, sometimes the second, the non scoring ball could have been heading for 8s or 9s so not a true score but more indicative.

2014-04-20%20card.png

Wind was a little stronger than yesterday but by no means windy, more breezy.

The distance I'm seeing with this ball is astonishing.

Won't do the whole round but I've been playing this course from one to five times a week for 14 months and I have never...
- hit 9i second shot to 1st.
- started par/par
- hit 9i second shot to 5th
- hit so many par 4 GIR
- hit 4 230yd drives in a round (trivial to some, massive for me)
- been just short of 14th in 2 (missed 3 foot birdie putt doh!)
Shots with the breeze were the furthest I've hit consistently, into the wind I was getting near or past the usual landmarks I'd be seeing if I was playing with the wind.

Like I said, not a real round but so darn encouraging. I'm sure it would have been better but I was getting tired and careless on the back 9.

I also did a couple of holes with an E6 and a DX2 in the mix, supersoft went further and scored better each time.

"Game changer" is easy to throw about but going from playing my second shot on the 1st hole as a 3w from the 18th fairway to a 9i from the 1st fairway feels pretty good!
If you're slower swingspeed and haven't tried this ball I'd definitely encourage you to do so. Maybe even if you're a faster swinger but I have no experience of that!

May be a good ball, but you still have to put a swing on it.
well done indeed!

Bought a dozen today. Superb for me. 90 SS here and seems perfect. So sweet off the face of very club..

This ball is possibly one of the best two piece balls I have ever played. It has performed so well in the spring up north here. The feel off a well struck iron shot is incredible. Seriously, anyone who is sleeping on these is really missing out.

This ball is possibly one of the best two piece balls I have ever played. It has performed so well in the spring up north here. The feel off a well struck iron shot is incredible. Seriously, anyone who is sleeping on these is really missing out.
Agreed

I played a round on the weekend and a young guy in the group that plays off a Hcap of 6 was having a bad day after 9 holes he was 12 over. He asked me what ball I was playing I told him a Supersoft he was using a Srixon Soft Feel. I asked him if he would like to try a Supersoft, he said I will try anything at the moment...lol. Anyway first drive on hole 10 longest drive he had hit all day straight up the middle he said wow that felt good. Well he never looked back he played the back 9 in par it was like night and day, we now have another Supersoft convert.

At $20, it's a pretty good one and a good e6 alternative for me. Wish they made a urethane ball that felt like it.

I have been playing this ball alot, really hard to beat at the $20 price point!

At $20, it's a pretty good one and a good e6 alternative for me. Wish they made a urethane ball that felt like it.

Me too, and not for 2.5 times the price. haha

Ok already! Ordered a dozen from Amazon. :)

Maybe I'll try some of these next time I play, at 20 bucks they're worth a try.

What are you hitting now

Pretty much whatever I have in the bag at the moment right now. I actually played the last round with some Vision UVX3 balls I bought off Boz from Oz.

Pretty much whatever I have in the bag at the moment right now. I actually played the last round with some Vision UVX3 balls I bought off Boz from Oz.

I'm a big believer in finding a ball you like and stick with it. Swaping and changing balls every round doesn't lend it self to consistent golf.

I'm a big believer in finding a ball you like and stick with it. Swaping and changing balls every round doesn't lend it self to consistent golf.

I completely agree, but early season golf where I live is not the best of conditions. Waterlogged fairways, and greens that are more like sculptured carpet. Casual water everywhere. I'm just glad to be playing golf instead of watching the snow pile up right now.

I completely agree, but early season golf where I live is not the best of conditions. Waterlogged fairways, and greens that are more like sculptured carpet. Casual water everywhere. I'm just glad to be playing golf instead of watching the snow pile up right now.

I'm glad I live somewhere where you can play golf all year round.

Back