Callaway Golf - Welcome To The 2014 Morgan Cup

If anyone has any Callaway questions feel free to reach out to me.. I am no expert, but having experience the #Grandaddy I feel as if I know at least some of what you guys will be going through in regards to fitting. I am willing to help in any way I can.

I'm here as well

I appreciate it guys...I think a lot of us are really targeting Callaway Performance Centers after the awesome treatment and results you all got in Carlsbad.

And I just booked my appointment at the Annika's Academy Orlando for Friday morning May 9th. So pumped.
Maybe we can video tape the session, let me know

I appreciate it guys...I think a lot of us are really targeting Callaway Performance Centers after the awesome treatment and results you all got in Carlsbad.

That's a solid plan! Good luck to all of you. The Callaway lines are game changers! Top to bottom. The amount of knowledge the folks at The performance centers have is unreal. I learned a ton in Calsbad, then even more during my wife's fitting.

My head is spinning. Thankful my Capt. talked some sense into me earlier today. Putting a plan together to make smart decisions. Big thanks to Callaway for all the options!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wow. You boys are getting the royal treatment for sure. Callaway does it like no one else.

Callaway offering anything...I love it. You guys have a gazillion options but will be well equipped no matter what you choose. I think I fall in love with Callaway more and more each day.

Very envious & happy for the Cally staffers at the sane time. Can't wait to see how these bags turn out. Congrats guys & cherish this.

I do have a couple questions for the guys who were at the Grandaddy. What was the best part of the fitting for you? How long did it take to figure out what shafts worked best for you? What would you do now going into it differently than before?

Maybe we can video tape the session, let me know

It would make a pretty awesome thread to hear reviews and possibly a bit of video of the Annika Academy fittings by Trevor, Donne and Seth. I remember reading about how great your experience there was Freddie.

Last edited:
I do have a couple questions for the guys who were at the Grandaddy. What was the best part of the fitting for you? How long did it take to figure out what shafts worked best for you? What would you do now going into it differently than before?

Honestly I think wood shafts is the biggest unknown and the hardest to fit. Irons are usually pretty similar and you can dial in the right shaft pretty quick. Getting the right head/shaft combo can take some time on woods to maximize everything.

Funny that you ask.

At the Grandaddy, I really spent a bunch of time going back and forth between the Apex and Pros. Put them both on the monitor, really went through the paces. I also worked with different shafts, mainly in the apex.

I did not use the LM for woods or hybrids at all. Instead, (I was first to get fit, and I wanted to make sure everyone had time.) I just played with different woods and different shafts and saw what I liked from a ball flight perspective. Then I discussed with the fitter. He kind of verified that what I was seeing and feeling was correct for the particular shaft.

This time, I'm focusing on woods and hybrids. I may take a look at recoils for irons, and my ego will want me to give the pros another chance. But, I'm likely already set for irons and wedges.

I really want to get a proper fitting for the Alpha, and I want to see how the 10.5 Alpha lowered to 9.5 compares to the 9 at standard loft.

I also will take a long look at the BB 5W and compare it to the X2Hot 3h. The hybrid may be a little longer, but I want to see the height generated by both. I think I need to raise my flight with longer clubs for approach shots at TB and Caledonia.

My best advice, though: Leave your ego and Internet golfer at the door when you get there. Hit a lot of stuff, and go with what works best. Numbers don't lie.

Also, I'm scheduled at Annika Academy for 5/19 at 8:00am. Donne was right -- they don't do fittings on Sunday.

Fortunately, I'll be in Central Florida that weekend anyway. Sometimes the script just writes itself.

Boom!

Also, I'm scheduled at Annika Academy for 5/19 at 8:00am. Donne was right -- they don't do fittings on Sunday.

Fortunately, I'll be in Central Florida that weekend anyway. Sometimes the script just writes itself.

Boom!
Now I'm bummed I didn't get in on that Central Florida thing. I may have just booked a fitting for myself and tagged along, well, because, Callaway is awesome.

#DoWorkDotCom

Now I'm bummed I didn't get in on that Central Florida thing. I may have just booked a fitting for myself and tagged along, well, because, Callaway is awesome.

#DoWorkDotCom

Oh -- NOW you're bummed, jerkface.

:Alien

I'm really excited to head back to the Annika Academy. It's such a great facility, and I won't have the hosel-interaction that I did last time there.

Boom!

I've got the 10 AM session that same morning. I am so freaking excited.

As soon as I found out that I was going to be a Callaway staffer, I immediately thought of the Annika Academy. I knew we would be down in the Orlando/Tampa area the week starting May 17th, but I didn't figure that we would be able to wait that long. So I explored other options, but the brain wants what the brain wants, and I had considered a long weekend trip down there if the timeline had necessitated it. There is a perfect completeness to this for me since Reunion Resort is where my last Morgan Cup journey ended, yet it gets to be a small part of this journey as well. Plus, I know that Dave has fitted multiple Morgan Cuppers in the past, so he will understand the event and won't look at me like I'm crazy when I talk about it (like my previous fitter).

I've got the 10 AM session that same morning. I am so freaking excited.

As soon as I found out that I was going to be a Callaway staffer, I immediately thought of the Annika Academy. I knew we would be down in the Orlando/Tampa area the week starting May 17th, but I didn't figure that we would be able to wait that long. So I explored other options, but the brain wants what the brain wants, and I had considered a long weekend trip down there if the timeline had necessitated it. There is a perfect completeness to this for me since Reunion Resort is where my last Morgan Cup journey ended, yet it gets to be a small part of this journey as well. Plus, I know that Dave has fitted multiple Morgan Cuppers in the past, so he will understand the event and won't look at me like I'm crazy when I talk about it (like my previous fitter).

Awesome. That means we're probably back to back.

It just so happens that I'll be down in Sarasota that weekend for the THP wedge testing. It's a no-brainer to just stay an extra day and do a fitting before I head back.

Man that's awesome. Open catalog. How did I miss this??? Oh yeah I was traveling.

I'm going to get down to the Performance Center in Myrtle Beach sometime in May. Maybe play Caledonia while in down there.

Really starting to love the ilima. Could be BB with ilima 60s for the Morgan Cup!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

And I just found out last night David at the Annika Academy will be doing my fitting also. Woot!

And I just found out last night David at the Annika Academy will be doing my fitting also. Woot!

That is great man, get everything dialed in just right.

I know at least Freddie and Buckjob were fit by Dave last year for the MC, and I have read their accounts. Sounds like he really knows his stuff and will do an awesome job getting us into the correct gear.

I know at least Freddie and Buckjob were fit by Dave last year for the MC, and I have read their accounts. Sounds like he really knows his stuff and will do an awesome job getting us into the correct gear.

Even the Secretary there knows about THP and the Morgan Cup. She basically gave me the it's okay I know that you are nuts about equipment :cool:

Back