What to do with my check

Philly

Reaction score
Handicap
So, played in a scramble today for my kids school and won the long drive on a hole. (Team eagle on the hole as well).

I won a credit at the country club for my drive.
Instead of a shirt and some balls I mentioned I needed a club and they said :Great, come back and we will fit you".

So what to do. Just bought irons (AP1 714 5-P,48W) last week
Have 2 nicely gapped 52 56 wedges Clev
Newish Tank putter
Old Titleist 907D1 that I hit reasonably well
910 21* hybrid
910 3-wood; rarely hit

Have a long game gap. Not terribly long with the driver (255-275).

If you had a credit and free fitting from what should be a top notch place, would you
1) Get a perfectly grooved hybrid
2) Find the magic 3-4 wood
3) Get a driver-always fun

I know the answer is "get what you need"; but do you think there is a club that having a great fitting is worth it?

Driver for me going from reasonably well hit to a go to club is huge.

I would go Big D...Bertha would be calling...

What do you hit the most that you are not extremely happy with?

Looking at your list I would personally go driver

Yep, get fit for the big dog, always fun to watch the numbers get better as the fitter tweeks the driver.

If it were me, I'd get the driver without a doubt.

ok-one other thought

What about the Adams ti hybrid? Seems like that in a 17* or so could practically be 3 wood long.

But, I do want a new driver.....maybe I go crazy and do both???

I would definitely go Driver. Can't go wrong upgrading the driver.

If I'm counting correctly you only have 13 clubs. Looks to be a potentially large gap between your 21° hybo and 3W. I'd be looking to fit something in there. Or go driver since they're going to fit you for free, and buy something for that spot on your own.

Use the prize, trade the three, look at the 3-deep/mini driver offerings.

I hit a hybrid maybe once or twice per round. I hit the driver 14 times per round. I say get the driver.

I'd go with the driver. I bet you could improve significantly from your current one.

If you rarely hit your 3w, why not drop it for a more useful club, like a 17-18 degree 5w? Fill that gap in your long clubs, id say.

I'd go Big Dawg too.

At first id say driver but then again with the length of some hybrids you might be able to kill two birds with one stone and get a 17 or 18 degree hybrid that can also be used as a 3 wood type club.

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Driver for me

I would actually get fit for a putter. It's the one club you use on every hole and accounts for almost 1/3 of all shots. You will use a driver 10-14 times in a round, 3w maybe twice, etc. Just my thinking though.

I'd go with the majority vote and say get fitted for a driver!

So, played in a scramble today for my kids school and won the long drive on a hole. (Team eagle on the hole as well).

I won a credit at the country club for my drive.
Instead of a shirt and some balls I mentioned I needed a club and they said :Great, come back and we will fit you".

So what to do. Just bought irons (AP1 714 5-P,48W) last week
Have 2 nicely gapped 52 56 wedges Clev
Newish Tank putter
Old Titleist 907D1 that I hit reasonably well
910 21* hybrid
910 3-wood; rarely hit

Have a long game gap. Not terribly long with the driver (255-275).

If you had a credit and free fitting from what should be a top notch place, would you
1) Get a perfectly grooved hybrid
2) Find the magic 3-4 wood
3) Get a driver-always fun

I know the answer is "get what you need"; but do you think there is a club that having a great fitting is worth it?

I don't think there is any club that's more important than another as far as fitting goes. From Driver to putter you will benefit from a proper fitting club.

So yeah, I guess I'd go with a club that fills a gap/weak spot in my game.

Go with the Big Stick. You can always go back to your current gamer.

+1 on the Driver.

Big Doug!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I'd go with a driver. The rest of your clubs seem relatively new, and a new, adjustable driver might help your long game.

Or you could just go in with an open mind, get fit for a couple of different clubs, and decide which one you fall in love with.

I'd go with a driver. The rest of your clubs seem relatively new, and a new, adjustable driver might help your long game.

Or you could just go in with an open mind, get fit for a couple of different clubs, and decide which one you fall in love with.

I think this is a good idea. I would look at a hybrid or fairway wood to fill the gap between your existing hybrid and three wood, and also try a driver. One might be a better fit. They also might tell you the current driver is a pretty good fit.

Back