TaylorMade SLDR Driver - Review Thread

Blasted a 362 yard wind aided drive at Trump National on Sunday. It looked like it would never come down. Started right had a few drinks then drew back in like it was cold and rolled about 15 yards on #7. Taylormade really did do something big with this one, for me that is.

Tapping Away

But didn't those knuckleballs get hit a long way ?

Depends on the game...And the player.
Derek Jeter hits the SLDR better than he hits against Wakefield. (about 30 points lower than career average).

Blasted a 362 yard wind aided drive at Trump National on Sunday. It looked like it would never come down. Started right had a few drinks then drew back in like it was cold and rolled about 15 yards on #7. Taylormade really did do something big with this one, for me that is.

Tapping Away

Whoa...It carried near 350 yards? That is Sadlowski long.

TaylorMade SLDR Driver - Review Thread

Whoa...It carried near 350 yards? That is Sadlowski long.

I felt like I was watching a beautiful bird fly along the Coast of the Pacific. Then my approach ended up in the bushes. Good Times.

Tapping Away

Derek Jeter hits the SLDR better than he hits against Wakefield. (about 30 points lower than career average).

Did Jeter get sized for an SLDR? Sorry if that is a dense question.

Well Wakefield is also tied for most homers given up in a game with 6 and with a lifetime ERA of 4.41 someone was sure hitting him better than a SLDR

Well Wakefield is also tied for most homers given up in a game with 6 and with a lifetime ERA of 4.41 someone was sure hitting him better than a SLDR

To turn this around to golf...Homeruns are about PW distance in a few parks, so even a SLDR hit half an inch off will get there. :D

To turn this around to golf...Homeruns are about PW distance in a few parks, so even a SLDR hit half an inch off will get there. :D

I saw DJ hit a few out of AT&T park in SF he was putting them deep into the bay from home plate over right center

To turn this back towards golf more, speaking of those knuckleballs, if a person has a sufficient launch angle, is there a problem with those knuckleballs?

To turn this back towards golf more, speaking of those knuckleballs, if a person has a sufficient launch angle, is there a problem with those knuckleballs?

They would need swing speed+launch angle combo to justify the knuckleball

I would not think so maybe with out the spin the wind might have more of an effect

They would need swing speed+launch angle combo to justify the knuckleball

right. sufficient launch angle. I don't know how a high swing speed would be needed.

right. sufficient launch angle. I don't know how a high swing speed would be needed.

This article is fantastic:

http://www.tutelman.com/golf/ballflight/launchOptimize.php

launchSpace_driver.gif

As to not hijack this thread with any further discussion of this article, I posted a thread a few weeks ago on it

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...river-Center-of-Gravity-Launch-Angle-and-Spin

Just got off the range. Steady 25+ mph wins. Most of my balls were being pushed right. My concern, would the low spin shots off the SLDR be more affected by the wind than a spinnier shot? Am I over thinking?

Just got off the range. Steady 25+ mph wins. Most of my balls were being pushed right. My concern, would the low spin shots off the SLDR be more affected by the wind than a spinnier shot? Am I over thinking?

I have noticed something similar. Normally I would play a fade. So a right to left wind would help keep me straighter. Now I'm noticing the ball being pushed both left and right

Demo day fun. Dad getting lofted up.
6u2epe8y.jpg

Played at a LONG course today with narrow fairways to test my distance and control with this driver. My natural shot shape at the range before the round with all settings at neutral was a 15 yard fade. Moved the sliding weight 2 clicks to the draw bias for a 15 yard draw and kept the loft at 9.5. Used it on 12 holes - I hit 8 fairways and the 4 I missed landed in the fairway but caught slopes and rolled into the rough. I didn't know the best landing areas and should've used 3 wood on a couple. I didn't have to use my rescue club once to recover from a wayward drive which is unusual for me. My longest drive was 310 and shortest was 280 - both wind aided and hindered. I'm surprised by the 15 yard rollout I'm getting. My old R11 set to 8* would roll only 5 yards from its landing mark. My best drive of the round was a big fade around a dogleg where I simply swung harder which, for me, imparts more spin and produces a path that cuts across the ball to curve it. I didn't think I'd be able to do it with the 460cc head and low spin CG, but it worked. I'll be in the honeymoon phase with this driver all season. And the SLDR 3 wood is just as good.

LOFTING UP IS MESSING WITH MY HEAD!

Ok I hit this today. No launch numbers or anything like that. I hit the regular flex at 10.5 neutral. Hit 4 really good balls with it. Thing flew long and ran like crazy when it hit. Lowered my normal flights which is a good thing. Hit 2 balls poorly and you can easily see the difference. Certainly more impressed than I thought. Not the best stick I hit today but not all doom and gloom either.

Ok I hit this today. No launch numbers or anything like that. I hit the regular flex at 10.5 neutral. Hit 4 really good balls with it. Thing flew long and ran like crazy when it hit. Lowered my normal flights which is a good thing. Hit 2 balls poorly and you can easily see the difference. Certainly more impressed than I thought. Not the best stick I hit today but not all doom and gloom either.
This sounds promising.

Sounds like a solid foundation

If you find the middle of the face all the time, its a great driver.

If you find the middle of the face all the time, its a great driver.
Dean is pretty good at that. It's aggravating fun to watch.

Sounds like there is some thing you can work with

Back