I Need to Admit Something

I've recently made the switch to orange. Will have to switch back to white in the fall though.

sorry but the color orange is un-american, :call-me:

sorry but the color orange is un-american, :call-me:
I just pretend it's a Texas Ex and whack it as hard as I can! :wink:

May have to switch to yellow though because orange urethane golf balls are very difficult to find. And not many places sell Volvik around here either.

Last edited:
I hate those yellow balls. Or they hate me. I don't know, we just don't seem to get along.

This weekend I think I fell in love with using a yellow ball. It just...happened. I had a one ball test pack of the new Srixon Z XV Tour Yellow and 18 holes later we had formed a bond. So I bought 2 dozen and may not look back.

At this point, I prefer playing yellow as well. But, Jman is spot-on...

Yep, I enjoy playing yellow. Mostly in the summer here as they pose issues for me in the leaves.

I did find myself switching to a white ball last fall. It's hard enough finding a golf ball in the leaves. That yellow ball really hides well.

Anyone ever play with a range ball ? They aren't as bad as you think
Only if I wanted to be teased mercilessly by my playing partners. At one of the CC's I play at, you'll find them around the course especially on the holes with significant water. The one guy I play with who is a member there goes apoplectic every time he see's one. "Those cheap gutless cowards, can't even play their own ball!"

I can honestly say that I've never played a yellow ball. Strange to say but I've never taken the opportunity to play them. I just purchased a few dozen Bridgestones so I will probably have to wait a while before I'm going to need more. But I will definitely make a point to pick a sleeve or two in yellow to give them a try and see if I like them or not.

Nothing wrong with putting the yellow in play.

It means when we play together you won't hit mine on accident :alien:

If there were a Urethane ball available in Pink I would rock it daily.

I prefer yellow balls to white. And Srixon's highlighter yellow stands out even more IMO.

Count me in the yellow camp as well. Easier for me to see.

Count me in the yellow camp as well. Easier for me to see.

I think that's what it was. Standing over the ball my eyes felt really comfortably looking at the yellow.

Hale Irwin says yellow is the luckiest color golf ball out there:

I often play in the evening after work and I always keep a sleeve of yellow Bridgestone e6s in my bag for a slow round because if I have to finish in low light or just flat out dark I think they are much easier to see.

I can see the yellow ball better in the air. My dad plays them. A dozen makes a great Father's Day gift.

I have played Yellow on and off for a few years....usually play them spring through summer..they are tougher to see in fall and winter.

I hadn't bought any yet for this year and I was playing Easter Sunday and found a yellow E6 on the 4th hole....one of the guys dubbed it my "easter egg"

I used it the rest of the round and all of my round yesterday afternoon.

Guess it's time to buy a box.

I just pretend it's a Texas Ex and whack it as hard as I can! :wink:

May have to switch to yellow though because orange urethane golf balls are very difficult to find. And not many places sell Volvik around here either.
I like it! I like it a lot! Reveille would be so proud!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 0
If they made yellow in my preferred ball, I'd game it in a heartbeat. Easier to see, easier to distinguish from everyone else.

Love playing a yellow ball, and play the Q Star regularly. So much more visible in flight and on the ground for me than traditional white.

I find yellow balls easier to track in the air and easier to spot most of the time. I can't play them when the dandelions pop up all over, as they do around here for a few weeks in early summer, really hard to find then.

You quite your mouth immediately!!

HAHAHAH nothing aimed at you guys on the west coast. It's more for my Tennessee, UF, and Auburn buddies here in the southeast.

I play a yellow from time to time. Played one for the last hole of league last night since it was getting so dark.

Back