Michigan Slice is coming to Sioux Falls, SD!

bugu3aty.jpg
The only kind of mountains we get in Nebraska I wouldn't even call them bluffs.

Not good at all it's so dry around here anything can catch fire at any moment.
esa7y9a3.jpg

What do you know some of the same in Iowa!
te4eqede.jpg

Kyle did you just take a panoramic photo and splice it up? :alien:

Dinner with THPers!
yvepydyd.jpg

Thanks for making the trip fellas. Hope you enjoyed the track and come up this way anytime!

I had a great time! Thanks everyone!

You guys are livin' the Great Life!
But I'll take a cart!

Looked like a perfect day with a perfect ending.

Looked like a perfect day with a perfect ending.

It was incredible. I so missed playing with my fellow THP family. And the SD boys couldn't have been better hosts! I should have a better summary once I'm back home!

Thanks for making the trip fellas. Hope you enjoyed the track and come up this way anytime!

I had a great time! Thanks everyone!

You guys are livin' the Great Life!
But I'll take a cart!

It was a great time and a great course. I hope we can do it again sometime soon!

We really had a fun day yesterday. I'm glad that Kyle and CJ made the trek to Sioux Falls, sure it was mandated by work and all but hey, we'll take it however we can get it! I believe they enjoyed the course quite a bit, it's one we're pretty proud of around here....definitely a fun track.

Definitly a great time! It was a pleasure to finally meet CJ and great to see Kyle again.

Wish I could have been in that group! Great guys and glad it happened!

Holy wind Batman I don't know how high the gusts are today but it's a darn good thing we played golf yesterday instead of today!

Holy wind Batman I don't know how high the gusts are today but it's a darn good thing we played golf yesterday instead of today!

I was thinking the same thing.

Some quick thoughts:

On my 11 mile drive to the course, I passed 8 historical markers! When I commented how much South Dakota spent on those markers I was told Lewis and Clark were very big around here! (I guess so!!)

I NEED to find a way to loosen up better pre round

Jake and the Sioux Falls crew have a good thing going with the course memberships

Kyle is a ton of fun, and great guy!

Jesse has the best car of any THPer I've met as I yet (except JB)

Yes, some of our company vans beep while in reverse (it's a safety thing) (mine however does not!)

I wish I could have spent more time with the other Sioux Falls guys.

I started off poorly on the first two holes, but managed to put together a string of bogey golf (missed a bunch of par putts).
Before finding creek after creek on the back 9 (need course knowledge here! These creeks wind everywhere!) taking 8 penalty strokes on the back 9.

There are 17 trees in South Dakota and I played golf amongst them all!

Bombing a drive long and straight is no good if it lands in a creek!

Jake's game is in good shape! And while Kyle stated he was a tad rusty, out together a very respectable round.

I would say it's a bit dusty with the wind!
ga7urymy.jpg

Good bye Iowa!
zazupa4e.jpg
hello Nebraska!
de3udype.jpg
for some reason I love driving over bridges.
8ybade4y.jpg

Nice comments CJ. I have 1 big one to make...that is that your progress is clearly evident, keep working on that game bro, you're miles ahead of where you were last fall in Vegas. Good stuff!

Yeah today the wind is blowing something like 30 mph...brutal!

What do you know even when I take a different route home Nebraska still looks the same
8ate8ypy.jpg

Now that I'm back at home I can finally write my thoughts down:

-Willow Run was an amazing course, lots of character, challenging but fair. Elevation changes and the greens are quite tricky.
-Perkis and Hox30 have mad game, two excellent players
-Jake is a truly special person, I'm happy to call him a friend, it didn't take him long to start giving me a hard time, I love the banter back and forth! And what a great golfer, he's even improved from the MC last year, I didn't think that was possible when I watched the captains match and he was playing great back then and even better now, a big hitter too!
-CJ is the nicest person in the world, I was super happy we got to share a cart, wouldn't have wanted to walk those hills! And I have a new member of my THP family that I've had a pleasure to meet in person, can't wait to see you again in Indy!!!
-Jesse, it's always a pleasure to interact with my band mate from Freaking IOWA!!!! He's got his game in great shape to rock the King this week. What a shot he hit on the Par 3 straight out of the car, no warmup!

It's trip like this that make me happy to be a part of THP and you truly get to feel the bonds made from this wonderful community. It was a great excuse to play some golf in another state. Glad my client could meet with me as well!

Nice recap, Kyle. Good thing you don't work for the tourism bureau though.

Jake, when are you going to come south to play Quarry?

Back