Bad news: No golf for me for a while

Erky

Reaction score
I have been dealing with a wrist injury that just keeps getting worse. Gonna have to hang it up for a few weeks, and will likely have the wrist in a splint until Love is in the Air, where I expect to play quite poorly.

bummer dude, get that thing healed up quick!

Sorry to hear that. Hope it heals for you quickly.

Sorry to hear - at least you live in a place where you can play year 'round. Just think if you lived up north where you were stuck in snow for six months, golf season finally gets here and you have an injury? For the amount of golfing that I do, having a break from the game brings me back with more enthusiasm (I get burned out from the game a lot). Good luck with your recovery.

Rough Erky. I suffered from this last year and thank goodness I was traveling to THP Events and not playing, otherwise I would have gone stir crazy. However thankfully finding graphite shafts changed my ability to play.

Good luck with injury.

That stinks, man. Sometimes all you can do is rest it, and I hope that works out for you.

That stinks. Get some rest and get that wrist healed up

Sorry to hear that man get well and come ready to play in May.

That is a bummer. Hope you recover faster than expected.

Dang, Erky, hope the wrist heals as quickly as possible.

Get well soon! Hope you're back on the course ASAP!

Thanks, guys. It has been bugging me for a while. As much as it will drive me crazy to miss this much golf, it's something I need to do.

Hope it heals fast. Could be worst, my buddy is having surgery today, will be out 2 months.

That sucks bud. I hope the wrist heals quickly for ya! But I gotta believe you're making the right decision taking some time off.

I have been dealing with the same thing for years. Relying on anti-inflammatory meds and graphite shafts. Its very smart to take a break buddy. It will only get worse if you keep pushing it.

Sorry to hear this - I dealt with a pulled forearm muscle while playing golf in college - no fun at all.

However, not sure how severe your injury is - but I did focus on my putting a lot while I was recovering.

Heres to a speedy recovery!

Sorry to hear that Erky. Not being able to play hurts a bit, but think of how much more you'll appreciate it when you're back at it.

Good luck Erky - better off sitting out a couple weeks and having it heal up than trying to play through the pain and ruining your swing or something in the long term. Here's to a speedy recovery.

Nurse it so you get back ASAP!

Yikes, get better soon Erky!

Bummer. Keep that thing rested so you can get back without aggravating it more.

That sucks man. I've been dealing with a wrist injury myself that nags me a little here and there but as long as I don't over-do it I can manage it. I sometimes wear a wrist brace during times it really bothers me (not on the course, but when I'm off the course I have it on). Using the brace usually helps the pain go away and after a couple weeks it seems to stay away for a little while.

Thanks, guys. It has been bugging me for a while. As much as it will drive me crazy to miss this much golf, it's something I need to do.

Hope it heals soon - as much as it is difficult to have to give it up for a while, it will be worth it and better than doing yourself a serious injury and having to give up for good

I feel you sir. I have only been able to play 3 times in the last to months with a lot of pain on every full swing in my upper left arm. Typically would have played at least 15 rounds in that time period. Finally broke down and went to the doctor Monday. He put me on some anti-inflamatory medication and can already feel the difference after 4 doses when swinging my arms back like a full swing. Planning on laying off completely for another 4 or so weeks to let it fully heal to not risk more issues. Good luck in your recovery!

Back