2014 NFL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lions are talking about trading up to get Sammy Watkins or Clowney, I hope they don't trade their entire draft to move up to take one of those guys. Its a deep draft and they should be content with taking Justin Gilbert/ Ha-Ha Dix/ Anthony Barr. They have too many holes to trade a ton of picks for one player.

Id be sincerely surprised if they trade up to get those guys. They have quite a few positions of need. Trading down and getting an additional 2nd/3rd round pick to get a (maybe) starter immediately makes sense. Then again, this is the Lions we are talking about.

The QB's are always the top discussion leading up to draft day. There are a few big names and a couple unknowns that are going to go early. Will be interesting to see who goes where.

I will be very intrested in seeing what the niners do we have lots of picks and just a few holes

2014 NFL Draft Thread

As we've seen in the past it only takes one team & I hope the Texans find that team. There isn't anyone worth #1 overall IMO. If push cane to shove and I had to take a guy it would be Mack or Mathews. Clowney scares me attitude wise & non of the QBs scream #1 overall

Id be sincerely surprised if they trade up to get those guys. They have quite a few positions of need. Trading down and getting an additional 2nd/3rd round pick to get a (maybe) starter immediately makes sense. Then again, this is the Lions we are talking about.

I would sure hope so! I wouldn't mind sliding down 5 or so picks and picking up an extra 2nd/3rd rounder. I would be pleased with the CB from MSU Dennard? He seems like he will be a solid pro.

The QB's are always the top discussion leading up to draft day. There are a few big names and a couple unknowns that are going to go early. Will be interesting to see who goes where.
I am very Partial to Derrick Carr since he is a fellow Bulldog he has a cannon for an arm

I really enjoyed watching him every Saturday for the last 4 years. I think his arm is good enough, not a fireball thrower, but not exactly Chad Pennington either. I'd love to see the guy get a shot.

We've got bigger problems right now. He's not the next QB for the Dallas Cowboys.

I would sure hope so! I wouldn't mind sliding down 5 or so picks and picking up an extra 2nd/3rd rounder. I would be pleased with the CB from MSU Dennard? He seems like he will be a solid pro.

The Lions can make a sure-fire solid pro a bust (look at Slay from last year, they're already trying to replace him). They need some late round hits to play well.

The NFL dynamic will have people taking them but I don't think any of these QB's are worthy of being taken high in the 1st round. I'd much prefer my team (if I had one at the top) that took one of the sure-fire position players instead.

We've got bigger problems right now. He's not the next QB for the Dallas Cowboys.

Need to find one sooner or later, Romo turned 34 today

His back is worrisome and I'm more concerned about that the closer we get training camp. I'm still on the later boat however.

6ymy5ary.jpg

certainly bigger issues. However I think if you can grab a guy like him in the 3rd round it could be good. Just please don't let Weeden be the next QB for the Dallas Cowboys.

His back is worrisome and I'm more concerned about that the closer we get training camp. I'm still on the later boat however.

I'd like to get a young guy in there and do it the old fashion way. Let him sit for 2 years.

Absolutely. The Texans move at the top will open up the rest of the first round for the rest of the GMs.

Texans have the top pick in both Round 1 and 2 I believe. One of those will have to be a QB and I would be totally shocked if they didn't go QB with the first pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man this guy is a freak athlete, any team that gets him has an instant boost on the D line!

Houston is crazy if they don't select him. But it's Houston and they are just a notch below the crazies that happen in the DFW area.

If the Cowboys move up to select Manziel I am boycotting all Cowboy games for the next year.

Houston is crazy if they don't select him. But it's Houston and they are just a notch below the crazies that happen in the DFW area.

If the Cowboys move up to select Manziel I am boycotting all Cowboy games for the next year.

Hey! I resemble that remark! ?

I agree if no trade happens we need him on the other side of JJ to get after it. Could be a scary combo.

I can see them picking him if he's still there, but I could also see Jerry making a move up to get him, good for the brand, may not be good for the football team!

I always suck at this contest..........this year more than any I can remember, the first several picks are very much up in the air.

The contest sounds like it will be fun.

As far as the Bills go, I don't have too much hope after Whaley said "we're fine at QB" and refuse to sign or draft anyone that will put pressure on Manuel. One writer said there are 7 QBs in this draft alone better than EJ Manuel. He was such a reach, the next Blaine Gabbert IMO.

The contest sounds like it will be fun.

As far as the Bills go, I don't have too much hope after Whaley said "we're fine at QB" and refuse to sign or draft anyone that will put pressure on Manuel. One writer said there are 7 QBs in this draft alone better than EJ Manuel. He was such a reach, the next Blaine Gabbert IMO.

Ehhhhh I'll reserve judgement until I see his full season of work. I don't agree that he is the next Blaine Gabbert, he's already shown he is much more competent than him in just 10 games

certainly bigger issues. However I think if you can grab a guy like him in the 3rd round it could be good. Just please don't let Weeden be the next QB for the Dallas Cowboys.

I'd like to get a young guy in there and do it the old fashion way. Let him sit for 2 years.

I'm all about finding Tom Brady in the late rounds! :D

There is talk that Murray could fall to the 4th round because of the injury last year.....if he is there that late I hope the Cowboys grab him

And please please don't even think about taking Johnny Manziel :angry:

There is talk that Murray could fall to the 4th round because of the injury last year.....if he is there that late I hope the Cowboys grab him

And please please don't even think about taking Johnny Manziel :angry:

that's what I'm talking about. If he falls, I think he would be worth a pick.

that's what I'm talking about. If he falls, I think he would be worth a pick.

I said it last year and everyone laughed at me. I think Murray has the best career out of any of the QB's in the draft this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back