Ha-Ha....that is a sucker bet!! I know I couldn't do it! I'm in a hot mess if I'm somewhere without cell phone bars!

I'm pretty sure I could do it. The first about 3 or 4 days would be pretty tough, but after that I wouldn't have an issues. I would probably read some books I have wanted to read and would work on stuff around the house in free time. But I'm pretty sure I could do it.

I'm pretty sure I could do it. The first about 3 or 4 days would be pretty tough, but after that I wouldn't have an issues. I would probably read some books I have wanted to read and would work on stuff around the house in free time. But I'm pretty sure I could do it.

This is an interesting bet for sure and I kind of relate it to what people in Hawaii call "Island Fever". The island life in a way is like being disconnected to the world or having your information being given to you days after it happened. They say if you can live on the island (Hawaii in my case) for 6 months to a year that you are over the island fever (wanting to get back to mainstream USA). I lasted 6 months but it was mainly cause I ran out of $$$$$. Ha!

I could do it, but there would be a heck of a bar tab.

That is a shady deal right there, I'd reward myself with something, maybe 2/3 the price of what you originally wanted.

It's not the tech that you guys (would) miss....it's the SOCIAL tech. No one here has complained about missing their microwave. But, given the sample source, (on-line forum) that's kinda what you'd expect. :alien:

I did get a lot of reading done and a ton done around the house. I'll will say the best thing was how much more I played with my kids. I don't want to say I was a bad dad and never played with them but I haven't played this much Legos or matchbox cars since I was a boy.

A few have said it was a sucker bet by her and should go buy something any ways. Well, my confident attitude got me into this situation and I agreed to the bet. Maybe it was a sucker deal but I was sure I could do it. I failed so I pay, literally, the consequence.

Glad to be back in action though

So close good to have you back though

Last edited:
Ha-Ha....that is a sucker bet!! I know I couldn't do it! I'm in a hot mess if I'm somewhere without cell phone bars!

I have no cell phone coverage at my house and love it!

I would have failed in a heart beat as well....

Oh, believe it or not I actually hand wrote a letter to my mom explaining everything and not to worry as I usually talk to her once a week. She thought it was funny

I have no cell phone coverage at my house and love it!

We did away with our home phone years ago so we only have cell phones if someone needed to reach us in an emergency or family/friends needed us. We need it.

We did away with our home phone years ago so we only have cell phones if someone needed to reach us in an emergency or family/friends needed us. We need it.

We are the same way, no home phone just cell phones.

My wife and I run bets against each other too, it's fun! I'm a Yankees Fan, she's a Red Sox fan. We had a bet a few years ago about which team would end the season with the better record. Here's the result:

I had to call my father to let him know that there might be a really bad picture of me on the internet. What the picture doesn't show are the balloons, streamers and signs she had all around my office. Just for the record, we ran the bet again and I won. I can't post the picture of my spoils, but my win was her in a Yankees tank top.

The Bet!

I did get a lot of reading done and a ton done around the house. I'll will say the best thing was how much more I played with my kids. I don't want to say I was a bad dad and never played with them but I haven't played this much Legos or matchbox cars since I was a boy.

A few have said it was a sucker bet by her and should go buy something any ways. Well, my confident attitude got me into this situation and I agreed to the bet. Maybe it was a sucker deal but I was sure I could do it. I failed so I pay, literally, the consequence.

Glad to be back in action though

I think it was a great bet. A free roll, actually. If she's a typical wife she would've gotten her day anyway so you might as well try to get something too...

Last edited:
My wife and I run bets against each other too, it's fun! I'm a Yankees Fan, she's a Red Sox fan. We had a bet a few years ago about which team would end the season with the better record. Here's the result:

I had to call my father to let him know that there might be a really bad picture of me on the internet. What the picture doesn't show are the balloons, streamers and signs she had all around my office. Just for the record, we ran the bet again and I won. I can't post the picture of my spoils, but my win was her in a Yankees tank top.

That is tough I don't think i could possible look at myself in the mirror again if i was forced to wear Dodger blue glad i married another Giants fan

No way could I make 30 days....hell I have a hard time with 30 minutes except when Im on the golf course

Bummer you couldn't make it. I've got severL weeks a year I'm away at camps and different trips where we no phone/tv access. I love it.

It was very hard the first week because it was part of your everyday normal life but got easier afterwards. I was allowed to do my fantasy golf but that was it!!!

I was so close but without thinking, right in front of her, used my phone to look something up! Ugh I was so mad.

Well, She will enjoy a day alone without the kids getting papered. Hit stone massage, mani/pedi and hair done.....oh and that is being paid for out of my golf fund!

I guess I was nose deep in technology too much and she got extremely sick of me not paying attention to her and the kids. It was a good. But now I'm back

million dollar question...what did u look up?

Tough to Vine without cell phone bars!

No way I could do this. My phone is like an extra appendage & I'm absolutely lost without it.

It's not the tech that you guys (would) miss....it's the SOCIAL tech. No one here has complained about missing their microwave. But, given the sample source, (on-line forum) that's kinda what you'd expect. :alien:
Well, of course, that's what was said in the first post!

So, 23 days ago my wife made me a bet I couldn't use technology for 30 days! No phone, Internet, iPad ect except for work. I was only allowed to use my work computer for work email and that was it! The wager.....I could buy any one golf item of my choice! As you can see I couldn't do it!!! It was by far the hardest thing I've had to do in a long long time.

Well, I don't have myself any new golf clubs but it's great to be back on THP!!

million dollar question...what did u look up?

I missed the weekly money "gang" at my course and we keep a running total of the money leaders throughout the year.....I wanted to see if slipped down the list. Well, I didn't slip down the money leader list but all the money is now gone!!

She thinks I'm addicted to my phone it's golf that blew it for me!

Your pic reminded me of this:

Picture%2032(16).png

If I didn't own THP I could easily go 30 days without technology. I am such an old soul and old school person, it would be a piece of cake for me. Prior to meeting JB and starting THP I still had a flip phone and didn't even know that cell phones could search the internet. I had a 5 year old desk top that just collected dust, and barely knew how to use the DVR.

You and my fiancé were apparently separated at birth. LOL

Today she had her cell phone (a flip phone by the way) off. Her sister called me and asked to speak to her. Her sister said she had been calling for hours (no emergency). When they finished the call Michele got her flip phone out and turned it on. She looked at me and said "there's no missed call" she's so cute :) I explained missed calls wouldn't show on a phone that is off. Only a VM if she had left one.

Back