How quirky are you?

gatoreric

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.6
This is a as much of a confession as it is a question. Wondering how quirky you guys get on the course. I mainly keep my quirkiness to myself, but do some unique things that make me question my sanity at times. Examples of this are beatboxing (to CCR songs at times) while I practice my chipping, speaking in a british accent like Faldo or something as I mentally comment on my game as it happens, or imagining myself as some random tour pro when I hit a shot. My quirkiness isn't constant, I just randomly do odd things. Last couple of very difficult short pitch shots I had I imagined I was Victor Dubuisson at the WGC. That actually helped me hit some really great shots. I'll admit my quirky behavior is amplified when I play alone, yet I will go places in my head with a group especially when the match gets tight. I assure you guys I am fairly sane though reading my post I wonder. Anyone else like to share their quirks? This is a safe environment right? :act-up:

That's pretty quirky Gator! lol

I sometimes when on the tee picture the fairway lined with spectators...
And also when setting up the shot I sometimes picture what my shot would look like if I was standing behind myself like on TV... Haha.

Tap tap taparoo

My mind wanders a lot then refocuses on the task at hand.

I would consider myself a goof ball and sometimes I do some strange things on the course. My recent one has become knocking in short (2 feet or less) putts with the back of my putter and my left arm held high like I'm a fencer. A few friends have dubbed it "The Sword Fighter". Its also surprisingly effective.

We have turkeys everywhere and I will have long "conversations" with them. Gobble gobble gobble! I like to smack tees out of the air and run it down and try and smack it a second time before it drops. Goodness, reading this, I might just be ADD or something.

When I play alone those 5 AM starts, I usually have my imaginary caddie, James with me. He's very short (staff bag height), old british style kind of fella, with a very dry sense of humor and he's very fond of Jeeves. He's sense of style is impeccable.

I talk to him and he lets me think we're playing at the British Open, Sunday in the lead after qualifying trough some amateur tournament.

We usually have a lot of fun, but the bastard becomes really mean after a few bad shots.

Not that quirky, you sound like you would be fun to play a round with. Maybe go all British accents on the front nine and all spoken language on the back nine has to be sung.

i talk to my self and drop a few F bombs in my head, but you win in the quirkiness dept. gator. lolz

And also when setting up the shot I sometimes picture what my shot would look like if I was standing behind myself like on TV... Haha.

Tap tap taparoo

Lol that would be bad for me. Id hate to imagine the spectators running for help after my shot haha!

Tap tap taparoo

I tried that once and hit a rocket pull hook that killed one of the imaginary people. I didn’t play golf for a month after that and it still haunts me.....

Lol that would be bad for me. Id hate to imagine the spectators running for help after my shot haha!

I tried that once and hit a rocket pull hook that killed one of the imaginary people. I didn’t play golf for a month after that and it still haunts me.....

HAHA! Well I never said I always hit it straight - I had to hand out one or 2 autographs to people :p

I am extremely quirky almost to the point where the only thing I'm missing is a professional diagnosis lol. If people only knew some of the conversations I have with myself on the course. I also like the cart parked on the right side of the ball, I hate it when it's behind me.

When I play alone those 5 AM starts, I usually have my imaginary caddie, James with me. He's very short (staff bag height), old british style kind of fella, with a very dry sense of humor and he's very fond of Jeeves. He's sense of style is impeccable.

I talk to him and he lets me think we're playing at the British Open, Sunday in the lead after qualifying trough some amateur tournament.

We usually have a lot of fun, but the bastard becomes really mean after a few bad shots.

I'll have to try that. Can I borrow James for an early round tomorrow?

If I am playing well I can get pretty goofy. Actually I would think maybe being a bit goofy might help me relax.... Hmmmmm.... Perhaps a little, "James, can you hand me that pitching wedge?" is in order.

Outwardly not quirky at all. But sometimes on a short pitch, I picture one of my daughters on the green and mentally I'll ask her to catch the ball for me. Also when I'm having trouble with my irons, I'll think of something completely off the wall during my swing to get my mind off of mechanics. Lately I've been going through our spice rack thinking for example Cinn-a-mon, or O-reg-a-no, etc... It seems to work.

I whistle a little bit from time to time.

I talk to myself fairly regularly. Mostly upbeat, dust it off type stuff but it happens & more times than not, it's out loud.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

...speaking in a british accent like Faldo or something as I mentally comment on my game as it happens, or imagining myself as some random tour pro when I hit a shot. My quirkiness isn't constant, I just randomly do odd things...

I do the EXACT same thing...creepy...
Beyond those I don't think I have any really consistent quirks, but I guarantee that you will find many sporadic offerings. Something I should ask my friend/playing partner about after our next round.

I'm pretty straight laced, just like here on the site. Hardly even know I'm around!

I don't listen to music on the course but every round I'll end up with some random song that plays in my head the entire round I never know what it will be. I never sing along but can't ever get it out of my head.

Needless to say I am a totally random person and will say and practically do what I have to to get someone to laugh!!!! Just my character!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

The click of the camera shutters in my back swing made me miss hit that last one. Not my fault. Those who think they're sane really :banana:.

I put a Jason Dufner sized chaw in every 3 holes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Back