Anything known on the NEW Adams 2014 XTD irons ???

golfdawg

Reaction score
Handicap
These aren't the ones Ernie is playing, he is playing a prototype model that is smaller with less cavity.

ahhh ok, i just remember seeing that design or structure on the back of his, so figure they were close.

Will have something up on the home page about these in the next couple weeks. Not a full review but some technical information and observations hitting the 6 iron.

Hit these at a demo day 2 weeks ago. Really great launch and distance.

Will have something up on the home page about these in the next couple weeks. Not a full review but some technical information and observations hitting the 6 iron.

looking forward to it

Hit these at a demo day 2 weeks ago. Really great launch and distance.

like to see them in hand, how did they "feel"

looking forward to it

like to see them in hand, how did they "feel"

They felt very similar to the Rocketbladez. Not overly bulky by any means - from what a remember - a smaller top line than the Rocketbladez

Els version is a one off version with a smaller player type head which is not avaliable currently the production version of the player head will be out this summer

I personally liked them more than the Speedblades when I hit them last week.

No, he's playing playing prototype that isn't on the market yet.

Yup, special cross cavities, but they said that they probably were going to make them.

My brother went to a adams demo day today and hit the Xtd irons and really liked them. The ones he hit had the kbs 90 tour Shafts. He said he was getting 8 to 10 yards and was very excited and was all over the pin. Guy next to him said what are you waiting for buy them.

Jeff
sent using tapatalk

My brother went to a adams demo day today and hit the Xtd irons and really liked them. The ones he hit had the kbs 90 tour Shafts. He said he was getting 8 to 10 yards and was very excited and was all over the pin. Guy next to him said what are you waiting for buy them.

Jeff
sent using tapatalk

Yeah, the shafts are C-Taper 90's, at the Adams event I was hitting the 8i on the sim 181 IIRC? Somewhere in that absurd range, it actually carried over to the range the next day too. I won't lie, I want a set this winter.

Yeah, the shafts are C-Taper 90's, at the Adams event I was hitting the 8i on the sim 181 IIRC? Somewhere in that absurd range, it actually carried over to the range the next day too. I won't lie, I want a set this winter.

Did I miss something, are these new? I know about the C-Taper Lites, and the Tour 90s.... does this fall in between? Maybe the height (weight) of the Tour 90s with the spin of the C-Taper kites????

Color me intrigued...

Did I miss something, are these new? I know about the C-Taper Lites, and the Tour 90s.... does this fall in between? Maybe the height (weight) of the Tour 90s with the spin of the C-Taper kites????

Color me intrigued...

They're designed to work with the XTD head specifically. As far as I know, they are not a future KBS model.

They're designed to work with the XTD head specifically. As far as I know, they are not a future KBS model.

Thanks. Anybody know if they have the satin non tapered finish? The pictures look to have the satin finish.

Thanks. Anybody know if they have the satin non tapered finish? The pictures look to have the satin finish.

The set we have are chrome if I remember correctly. I can check Next time I'm in though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Color me intrigued...

I know nada. I need to email Conrad and ask.

I know they have been used in other irons in the Japan market. I've seen them on website translations before, thats all I know though.

Chrome.

I know nada. I need to email Conrad and ask.

I know they have been used in other irons in the Japan market. I've seen them on website translations before, thats all I know though.

Chrome.

Thanks James. Will be interesting to see if they make it to North American retail then.

Thanks James. Will be interesting to see if they make it to North American retail then.

I doubt it, I just don't see where they would fit in the line.

But, I said that about the CTL's too and ate crow there. So, who knows! Hahaha

I doubt it, I just don't see where they would fit in the line.

But, I said that about the CTL's too and ate crow there. So, who knows! Hahaha

True. I think they're a solid pairing with the head. Like I said, I enjoy hitting these more than Speedblades.

I figured he would rock them. KP isn't afraid of GI irons.

Back