Callaway X-Hot Driver Review

Starting to get use to XHot Pro 8.5, the ball just flies off the face.... that being said it's hard to imagine the X 2 Hot, Big Bertha or what ever else they have up there sleeve being longer...

I got an 11.5* X-Hot driver head for pretty cheap, and put a Miyazaki Kusala White 61s in it.... took it out today for the first time and man, I was killing it. Best driving round I have had in literally years. 10-14 fairways, and a few 270-300 (wind aided, and a little down hill, but I usually hit it 230 when driving well).

This driver may be a year old, but this combination for me could be a monster!!

I got an 11.5* X-Hot driver head for pretty cheap, and put a Miyazaki Kusala White 61s in it.... took it out today for the first time and man, I was killing it. Best driving round I have had in literally years. 10-14 fairways, and a few 270-300 (wind aided, and a little down hill, but I usually hit it 230 when driving well).

This driver may be a year old, but this combination for me could be a monster!!

Love it. Still my favorite driver without question.

Loving mine

And now my father in law hit it and I think he wants one too

I hate to say I told you so, but you know...

I'm a big fan of my XHot 9.5* as well. Thought about selling, but on second thought it's not going anywhere.

I was having such a good round with it, the guy I was playing with wanted to hit it.... the entire back 9. He didn't hit center of the face once (3-4 were way out on the heal) and only barely missed the fairway. My first tee ball of the day was like this and I hit I slight cut that was still probably about 220 out there. The heal to toe forgiveness is so much more the the Classic I was playing with it is amazing.

The more I think about this club I can't wait to get back out with it again!

Best driver for me since the 983K.

Xhot 9.5 plus a motore speeder 6.2 tour spec stiff is a fairway swallowing machine

Tapping from my IPhone

Have to update this one, played my 2nd round with this Driver and my swings with it were pretty poor. Kept hitting some weak slices with contact on the heal.

Yet I shot an 81 with 9/14 fairways hit (playing the whites but still, for me a great round)! The distance shined in the first round, the forgiveness was the star this last round. I definitely saw distance loss, but swings that normally would have been just a terrible result with my old driver ended up in the middle of the fairway more often then not.

Going to have to get in some range time to work on the driver swing then hopefully back to it again with a round Sunday.

i really like my xhot. 10.5, stiff pro launch red shaft. consistent distance and forgiving. it is so nice i have added the xhot 3 wood, 3 and 4 hybrid. those clubs are at least as good a performer as the driver

Anyone played the X-hot with the oban deviotion 6 in it. How does it feel/launch?

Anyone played the X-hot with the oban deviotion 6 in it. How does it feel/launch?

Kind of hard to speak on as all of our swings are different, and while I haven't hit that combo I have hit both parts of it. I would have to believe the flight would definitely be lower, (low-mid to mid) as the Devo is IMO a notoriously rebar like shaft. But, thats just me and my take. The head is definitely worth the price you can find them at now, still EXTREMELY good IMO.

Kind of hard to speak on as all of our swings are different, and while I haven't hit that combo I have hit both parts of it. I would have to believe the flight would definitely be lower, (low-mid to mid) as the Devo is IMO a notoriously rebar like shaft. But, thats just me and my take. The head is definitely worth the price you can find them at now, still EXTREMELY good IMO.

Sorry for asking again, my english isn't the best, but you mean that the shaft plays pretty stiff for it's flex?
I love the aldila nv shafts in stiff (green ones). They are both about 65g and thats what I like in my drivers. Is there any chance you have hit them both and can give me a comparision? Thank you in advance!

Sorry for asking again, my english isn't the best, but you mean that the shaft plays pretty stiff for it's flex?
I love the aldila nv shafts in stiff (green ones). They are both about 65g and thats what I like in my drivers. Is there any chance you have hit them both and can give me a comparision? Thank you in advance!

The Devo is more stout for sure in my opinion having hit them both. It responds best to an aggressive swing for most and there's just not a ton of "feel" in there. Lower trajectory, lower spin, its a great setup for many though. For me it was just too much work to load.

Ty Jman! Great infor there!

I shouldn't even bother hitting other drivers. None come close for me. Even those that come sort of close don't come close for all-around performance.

I shouldn't even bother hitting other drivers. None come close for me. Even those that come sort of close don't come close for all-around performance.

Its just your go-to driver, nothing wrong with that at all dude.

I've heard soo many positive reviews regarding this driver that I bought one brand new yesterday for 97 bucks. Can't wait till it arrives as the local tracks are now open in Spokane and see how it stacks up to the G30, K15 and Cle Classic. I heard many think it is better than the X2hot.

I've heard soo many positive reviews regarding this driver that I bought one brand new yesterday for 97 bucks. Can't wait till it arrives as the local tracks are now open in Spokane and see how it stacks up to the G30, K15 and Cle Classic. I heard many think it is better than the X2hot.

I gamed both the X-Hot and X2-Hot and found that the X-Hot was the better performing driver... Enjoy...

Dax

I've always pondered this club. And for under $100 it would be a fun club to throw in the bag every now and then.

Or maybe I'm just that desperate to buy something new

I've always pondered this club. And for under $100 it would be a fun club to throw in the bag every now and then.

Or maybe I'm just that desperate to buy something new
Plus I realized I only have the old x16 steelhead irons left for anything Cally lol.

I just bought another one of these, and I'm so excited. I had a lot of success with this driver, and I can't wait to game it!

I've owned about 6 k15's, a g25 and the Xhot performed with them all. I just preferred the larger profile heads of the Pings. Also I was trying to game the Xhot 13.5 and it simply just launched too high for me. It was about 5 yds longer on avg for me than the g25 12* and k15 12*'s I had. Nice stick. Stock shaft felt a little weak to me. My buddy "ryebread" plays the 9.5 Proforce v2 and its a nice combo. Got to hit it last year.

Still got my Xhot in my bag after 2 years and I doubt I'll get around to getting a new driver this year since it's still a fairway finder for me with either the B.Asha 4s or KuroKage 60 R shafts

Back