Golfest - The Future of Golf

DevRickus

The Dirty Jerz
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
I just received an email from Crystal Springs Resort here in NJ about Golfest, where they are featuring the future of golf. Hovercraft carts, hover boards. I thought it was a joke at first but its legit:

Hover_zps75094d9a.png

Has anyone seen or done anything like this before?

Never heard of or saw anything like this. Crystal Springs...? Northwest-ish NJ?

There are a few threads here on them. Don't think they will become common at many courses anytime soon. Could be quite the liability issue. Can you imagine some handicapped 70 year old on a golfboard?

Last edited:
Never heard of or saw anything like this. Crystal Springs...? Northwest-ish NJ?

Its about 25 minutes from me. Beautiful facility. They have 10 Golf courses there. 3 are really expensive, the rest are average priced but they are all nice.

There are a few threads here on them. Don't think they will become common at many courses anytime soon. Could be quite the liability issue. Can you imagine some handicapped 70 year old on a hovercraft?

This is a tournament where these things will be used. Thought it was quite odd but looks pretty cool.

I vote for the hovercraft!

That looks like it could be a ton of fun

Kudos to them for thinking out of the box and trying to get people involved in the game, my only concern is that new comers will be disappointed when they realize that this is not the norm yet as they venture out to other courses. It could backfire in the long run.

Depending on how much tickets are, that could be fun!

I've gotten an email from a course up here that is going to have the golfboards for the entire season, I might give them a shot.

Just think of what the half drunk folks on the course could do with those!

Nice novelty idea, but not very practical. I do like the thought of trying to get people out to the course. Think if some courses just offered more reasonable rates that they could get a few more out in general. Looks a little dangerous to me though.

I would love to ride the golfboard! Looks fun!

That looks like it would be a blast. I'd love to ride one of the golfboards, that could be interesting I think. Being able to try the hover cart would be sweet as all get out, too.

Back