Bridgestone True Balance Putters - Forum Review

I won't say they require tack but them not getting slick/slimy while practicing is definitely a bonus

I've not dealt with much of this in the past, but I do enjoy using soap/water or some grip wipes every few weeks on my clubs to keep them fresh.

How that type of substance would react to this grip definitely interests me, but not nearly as much as how it reacts by itself over the course of 10-20 rounds.

Bridgestone True Balance Putters - Forum Review

I just assumed all grips were slightly tapered but maintained the same shape. Plus SuperStroke and all fat grips say keeping it the same takes the hands out. I just didn't know if Bridgestone's testing proved otherwise and the different shape in each hand served a specific purpose.

Without having held one it seems like it would be odd and lead to different grip pressure with each hand but, like with everything, could easily get used to it.

Nice thoughts in her and similar to what I have experienced with mine. You MUST commit to the stroke. In reality, I guess that is true with any shot and especially putts, but, it is very rewarding with this putter as it gates through the stroke.

Only had 30 putts today and many burned edges. Could really FEEL the grooves on the insert putting a good roll on the ball. The first trip out with the smaller grip was a success. I now prefer it. Funny story. I was playing with a friend who has not seen this putter yet and two of his friends who I have never met. None of them had seen the putter before. There was a slight breeze, so I has to wait for the right time and placement on the green, but on the 6th hole, I hit it to about 8 feet on a par three. As I lined up and stood over the birdie putt, I saw that the green was pretty flat and the breeze was coming from a direction that would work. I stood over the ball, looked, looked again and then left the putter there and walked up to the hole and picked up a piece of cut grass and dropped it in the hole. They were like Whoa! What the... Look at that! I walked back and sank the bird for a scat. It was something I wanted to do to my buddy, but the fact that the other two guys who I had never met were there made it even more cool. After that, everyone had to try it. One of them is planning to buy.

Really liking this putter.

JM

Rolled this briefly at the PGA Superstore yesterday. I love the look, for the most part. Really dig the light shaft, and was pleasantly surprised by the heft of the putter. Was thinking it would be real light, but it definitely felt head heavy. I will admit, I did not like the grip, was too thick for my liking and the yellow? Not a fan. It rolled well, though I have a problem with pulling the head outside with blades, so that was evident here. Not sure if I will give it a second shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't know how I missed this. I'm not a big putter geek by any means and don't get excited over putters in general, but this one really peaks my interest. I find the balance design really really interesting. I look forward to following along in this.

My guess is the shaft and grip weigh less than normal to get it to balance like that, just guessing. Slightly skimmed so don't know if this has been asked or mentioned. Does the weight balanced to the head put any extra tension in your wrists, trying to keep the lie angle in the shaft throughout your stroke?

Would love to add one of these to my collection but I need to putt with it first and haven't been able to find a shop that stocks them yet. I have added weight to the heads of most my putters so these true balance putters would already have a similar swing weight to what I'm accustomed to.

very cool looking putter and good concepts behind it. Looking forwards to hearing more about it.

I've been rolling this one a TON on my putting green this weekend and I'll be honest, its been a lot of fun. At 34" it isn't the best fit for me but even then the stroke is just extremely consistent and natural. The grip is a big hit for me and my particular grip style with my hands essentially being close to parallel, but I can see why some will definitely prefer the smaller grip. The sound at impact is crisp and nice, and I have seen ZERO skidding. Interesting.

Will be on the course and outdoor green with it today and frankly, I'm incredibly excited about it.

Love your feedback, James. Going from a traditional putter, what is the biggest thing you've had to adjust to, and how hard has that adjustment been?

Love your feedback, James. Going from a traditional putter, what is the biggest thing you've had to adjust to, and how hard has that adjustment been?

Its early for me yet, Dan has actually been on course with it so he could probably answer more thoroughly.

I'm probably going to be in the minority in that I don't think there is much adjustment needed, its still a putter. Yeah, the feel (balance) is different, but if you trust your stroke there shouldn't be much adjustment there. Thats just my take on it though.

I like the idea of being firm rather than being loose in my stroke. Obviously we all prefer different things, and each putting stroke is unique, but it was refreshing to be firm and find success with it --- Especially within 5-10 feet. We'll see how that carries over into a full round of golf tomorrow, and whether it promotes success or finds me struggling to find consistency.

How was your putting during your round Sunday? Confidence starting to build?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Neb, the club remains quite traditional in everything but weighting. When you place it down at address and take a stroke, features like neck style and grip size play a far greater role in 'feeling uncomfortable' rather than the counter-counterbalance concept.

Good, natural strokes promote solid results. I genuinely don't see the concept being a world of difference in a natural putting stroke, which is why I instantly put it in the bag to play my rounds with. What I will be looking for are the subtle benefits to the counter-counterbalance design.

For what it's worth, I found this concept far easier to transition to than belly, long, and counter balance concept putters.

Neb, the club remains quite traditional in everything but weighting. When you place it down at address and take a stroke, features like neck style and grip size play a far greater role in 'feeling uncomfortable' rather than the counter-counterbalance concept.

Good, natural strokes promote solid results. I genuinely don't see the concept being a world of difference in a natural putting stroke, which is why I instantly put it in the bag to play my rounds with. What I will be looking for are the subtle benefits to the counter-counterbalance design.

For what it's worth, I found this concept far easier to transition to than belly, long, and counter balance concept putters.

Being as Im a oversized putter grip guy ( feeltec, ss , and pure big dog) im wonder how much would be taken away from the features and benifits of this putter if you changes the grip out.

How was your putting during your round Sunday? Confidence starting to build?

it's too early to tell Andy. I'll need a few rounds to really learn about the putter, and ideally, not ones filled with bad breaks and high winds.

I did sink a 25 foot breaking eagle putt. I had many putts come up short, but there were too many variables to focus on. Give me a couple more experiences with it and I'll give a fair assessment.

Being as Im a oversized putter grip guy ( feeltec, ss , and pure big dog) im wonder how much would be taken away from the features and benifits of this putter if you changes the grip out.

The larger grip is pretty big to begin with. Obviously if you add weight to the top of the putter the counter-counterbalance concept is removed, but I can't speak to how much that changes the stroke and design.

That's comforting to hear. I've been worried about putting this in competitive play without a long transition period, but sounds like it might not be as bad as I feared to switch.

Ryan, FWIW I have found the transition to be seamless. I now have the standard sized grip on mine, but would game either grip in a heartbeat. Really must echo what Dan said here that good, natural strokes generally yield good results and this putter is no different. I will say that the concentration of the weight in the bottom of the club really has helped me with making a more natural stroke. I will let James and Dan drive this topic when they get to it, but suffice it to say that there will be a very short learning curve associated with this and the positives will out weigh what little time you spend adjusting.

At least it did for me! :act-up:

JM

Johnny, I would strongly encourage you to feel right at home in this thread, sharing any and all experienced with the True Balance. While James and I may drive the conversation, having additional thoughts will only help people better understand the True Balance concept.

You would ruin the counter-counter-balance to put it bluntly. The balance point would move further up the putter and change the entire feel.

Dan said it, but the standard grip is IMO oversized, I think you would have no issues with it.

Ryan, FWIW I have found the transition to be seamless. I now have the standard sized grip on mine, but would game either grip in a heartbeat. Really must echo what Dan said here that good, natural strokes generally yield good results and this putter is no different. I will say that the concentration of the weight in the bottom of the club really has helped me with making a more natural stroke. I will let James and Dan drive this topic when they get to it, but suffice it to say that there will be a very short learning curve associated with this and the positives will out weigh what little time you spend adjusting.

At least it did for me! :act-up:

JM

Johnny, I would strongly encourage you to feel right at home in this thread, sharing any and all experienced with the True Balance. While James and I may drive the conversation, having additional thoughts will only help people better understand the True Balance concept.

What Dan said, as with any review on the forum, we love for people who have a club to jump in on it.

There goes that loss of tone with the interweb. I chose my phraseology poorly I guess. What I meant to say was that I did not want to get ahead of you guys and your observations (you on another trip out and James later today). I made some pretty detailed observations on the topic of stroke etc. in the other thread, and really wanted to let Ryan know that it will be fine for him as far as adjustments go. I'm definitely right at home in here for sure (I might have been the first THP'r to own one of these :act-up:) because THP IS my home. This putter is going to shine, if people will keep their minds open.

JM

Guys after looking at the grip in lome of the picture it looks to be almost raw foam with out a protective outer layer
If that is the case it will be intresting how durable they are after a year in the bag

Guys after looking at the grip in lome of the picture it looks to be almost raw foam with out a protective outer layer
If that is the case it will be intresting how durable they are after a year in the bag

I won't lie or sugar coat it, the way it reacts to dirt and wear has been my primary concern since seeing them at the show. It'll be interesting.

I won't lie or sugar coat it, the way it reacts to dirt and wear has been my primary concern since seeing them at the show. It'll be interesting.

I have had foam similar to that on things and after it gets some age on it it will start craking and chunks fall off

Very interesting thoughts on the grip as I hadn't thought about that yet. Especially in a bag without a putter well where you may have some solid tangling...that could create some rough situations for that grip.

I have had foam similar to that on things and after it gets some age on it it will start craking and chunks fall off

I don't know, I've seen lots of foam grips on things where that has happened, but this texture is different to me. I also have to believe that they thought about that prior to bringing it to market.

but, we will see.

Back