Bridgestone True Balance Putters - Forum Review

Very interesting thoughts on the grip as I hadn't thought about that yet. Especially in a bag without a putter well where you may have some solid tangling...that could create some rough situations for that grip.

That is how my bag is my old putter had a SS on it and towards the end of the first year i played it it was a bit roughed up

Very interesting thoughts on the grip as I hadn't thought about that yet. Especially in a bag without a putter well where you may have some solid tangling...that could create some rough situations for that grip.

You know how many clubs I carry in my bag, it'll get battered and abused, we shall see how it does.

The density of the PVA will give it some durability I think. This stuff is tougher than it looks.

JM

I don't know, I've seen lots of foam grips on things where that has happened, but this texture is different to me. I also have to believe that they thought about that prior to bringing it to market.

but, we will see.

Maye be there is some kind of coating or internal support to it i would also think wet conditions would be very hard on the putter and if it absourbs to much water could effect the balance point

The density of the PVA will give it some durability I think. This stuff is tougher than it looks.

JM

I agree.

Maye be there is some kind of coating or internal support to it i would also think wet conditions would be very hard on the putter and if it absourbs to much water could effect the balance point

Its not like its a sponge though, its not that soft and absorbent texture. I'll gladly douse it under the faucet at home though and see what happens.

Has anyone found any info in TD-02 model? Being very slow to take to a putter, I am very interested in traditional steel model

Has anyone found any info in TD-02 model? Being very slow to take to a putter, I am very interested in traditional steel model

I rolled it at the show, felt like a regularly balanced putter. The insert is solid IMO, good sound, good roll.

I rolled it at the show, felt like a regularly balanced putter. The insert is solid IMO, good sound, good roll.

They are currently no where to be found

I agree.

Its not like its a sponge though, its not that soft and absorbent texture. I'll gladly douse it under the faucet at home though and see what happens.

It must have some coating on it to close the cells which should help with durablility

They are currently no where to be found

I honestly don't see the benefit in going w the steel shafted over the True Balance, thats just me though. Probably also why its harder to find, pushing the tech in this one first and foremost, ya know?

Before I took the larger grip off (which was a chore by-the-way) I did some experimenting with it and took some 60 and 80 grit sand paper to it to reduce the size. It was a LOT of work. Pulling this out of a bag, even with it catching on the collar as it comes out is not going to be enough to hurt this stuff IMHO. Time will tell the story, but I think this will be a non issue.

JM

Before I took the larger grip off (which was a chore by-the-way) I did some experimenting with it and took some 60 and 80 grit sand paper to it to reduce the size. It was a LOT of work. Pulling this out of a bag, even with it catching on the collar as it comes out is not going to be enough to hurt this stuff IMHO. Time will tell the story, but I think this will be a non issue.

JM

I like it. THAT is some useful info, thanks buddy.

Promising for sure.

Any reason to shy away from the TB models?

Any reason to shy away from the TB models?

I have always rolled heavy putters and it is a dramatic weight change. Perhaps im in the minority but the huge weight decrease feels like I have less feel for what's in my hand

I have always rolled heavy putters and it is a dramatic weight change. Perhaps im in the minority but the huge weight decrease feels like I have less feel for what's in my hand

I got ya. I'll be curious to hear your comparisons on site of the MC if you go steel and put it head to head with a TB model.

Dan and James thank you for all the info you are sharing. I can't wait to start rolling this beast.

it's too early to tell Andy. I'll need a few rounds to really learn about the putter, and ideally, not ones filled with bad breaks and high winds.

I did sink a 25 foot breaking eagle putt. I had many putts come up short, but there were too many variables to focus on. Give me a couple more experiences with it and I'll give a fair assessment.

Fair enough. I know you'll give it more than a fair chance. The true balance may not be your PR but I'm sure you'll be putting the lights out with it very soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Rained out after three holes tonight, but a very interesting experience as the greens have been left to grow while the rains came through over the last few days.

When putting on slower greens (so a larger stroke is needed), I find the head to to try and lead the stroke, and it often makes me feel like I need to autocorrect a bit to have my hands catch up. I'm very curious how much of this is the larger grip, as I am traditionally a smaller grip player, and whether it's something I can work into my game.

Time will tell as I continue to get used to the larger grip. Anyone else rolling this and experiencing something similar?

Very good write up Canadian, was looking forward to reading this. Added to my try list

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

I will be rolling this putter starting tomorrow, however the TD-01. Should I add my thoughts to this thread, or leave this dedicated to the TD-03?

I will be rolling this putter starting tomorrow, however the TD-01. Should I add my thoughts to this thread, or leave this dedicated to the TD-03?

Add away! Looking forward to your thoughts.

I'll have a more detailed view on everything so far tomorrow. But I did get out yesterday and had a few observations.

1. I see fully what Dan meant by staying in the stroke, the sensation is to baby it with the head weight feeling but you have to stay committed in the stroke for sure.
  2. I like the size of the grip myself, the feel isn't all that awkward like some are concerned of.
  3. It was rainy, no issues with the grip at all as far as absorbing water or getting slick for me.
  4. The winds were 20+ and gusts in the 35+ range at times, I will say completely honestly that the feeling was really strange. Its so light in the hands that I could tell with the gusts. It was an interesting feeling.
  5. The insert is really pleasing IMO.
  6. The head is just SO clean.

More complete thoughts tomorrow on it all, it was a good debut. Its just SOOOOOO different, and not at all in a bad way.

Please add away. I'm heavily pondering the TD-01, and would love your thoughts (and some in-hand pictures!)

Rained out after three holes tonight, but a very interesting experience as the greens have been left to grow while the rains came through over the last few days.

When putting on slower greens (so a larger stroke is needed), I find the head to to try and lead the stroke, and it often makes me feel like I need to autocorrect a bit to have my hands catch up. I'm very curious how much of this is the larger grip, as I am traditionally a smaller grip player, and whether it's something I can work into my game.

Time will tell as I continue to get used to the larger grip. Anyone else rolling this and experiencing something similar?

Yes to the slower greens observation. When I went to try this out at a local CC, it had rained for a couple of days and the practice green was like a jungle! I simply could not get the ball to the hole consistently and observed exactly what you describe Dan. I almost passed on even getting it at the time. Pulled the trigger anyway and even after a little while on my putting set up, I got much more comfortable with it. The next day at a different course, it was night and day.

I'm a smaller grip guy too, and have found that I like this putter even more with the "standard" sized Yellow grip, but that is just a preference thing.

JM

anyone going to have one of these in INDY at the end of the month? i would love to see and feel in person?

Back