Straight RBladez Tour/JRose Setup

loquaciouspanda

loquaciouspanda
Reaction score
Handicap
My Swing
I'm currently gaming a straight RBladez Tour 4-PW set. Is it worth looking into the JRose setup, with 3-6 RBladez Tour and 7-PW TP MB?

Are you struggling with something making you want to switch? What do the MBs offer you that your irons are keeping you from doing?

I really need to dial in my scoring irons, and I think that forged are the way to go to get the precision I'm looking for.

I really need to dial in my scoring irons, and I think that forged are the way to go to get the precision I'm looking for.

just curious, why do you think forged irons are going to help you dial in those scoring irons?

Play with whatever you want/makes you happy. Not sure how well you hit the Rocketbladez Tour, but if you've ever miss hit one of those or do miss hit those occasionally, the MB misses will only be that much more exaggerated there's really no forgiveness on a MB anywhere.

Just curious as to what your are misses currently are that are making you think of switching? To be honest the tours are very close to a players iron already and most people likely could use more forgiveness not less.

If you're looking for a bump in performance, I doubt you'll get it. If you're looking to scratch an itch, more power to you.

Didn't you just buy these this past month? The MBs aren't going to make things any easier. We all fall into the trap of thinking different clubs are the answer. I would save your money and focus on one of the 2 things that would really help you dial in your short game: lots of time on the range/practice area and/or lessons.

To help with this I can give you some info, but in the end, you should play exactly what you want to.
1st off, Forged irons refer to the process in making the iron, not the shape or performance in any way whatsoever.
The blade irons being played by Justin Rose would not change performance wise whether they are cast or forged, because that is nothing more than how they are manufactured.

When it comes to mid to high handicappers playing golf, there are very few things that your irons cannot do performance wise that the blade irons could. You will however lose a certain level of forgiveness due to the loss of perimeter weighting.

Decide what you want, and go for it, but if you are looking for performance justification, its just not there.

Hope that helps.

If you're looking for a bump in performance, I doubt you'll get it. If you're looking to scratch an itch, more power to you.

Perfectly put IMO.

Thanks guys.

I'm definitely sticking with what I have right now, thanks to you guys. I just happened to come into some money recently, and we all know how dangerous that can be to a golfer! My only thought was that the MBs would help my swing in the long run because they would be more punitive on bad swings, but after thinking about it realistically, I have what's best for me right now.

PS: if a THPer wanted to buy me the set, I would not be opposed!
:clap:

I really like my old MB's. I'm hitting the new ones this Saturday

To help with this I can give you some info, but in the end, you should play exactly what you want to.
1st off, Forged irons refer to the process in making the iron, not the shape or performance in any way whatsoever.
The blade irons being played by Justin Rose would not change performance wise whether they are cast or forged, because that is nothing more than how they are manufactured.

When it comes to mid to high handicappers playing golf, there are very few things that your irons cannot do performance wise that the blade irons could. You will however lose a certain level of forgiveness due to the loss of perimeter weighting.

Decide what you want, and go for it, but if you are looking for performance justification, its just not there.

Hope that helps.

So why does jr not use the rblades from 3/4-pw ?
Why does he use the mbs in his scoring irons?
What's the advantage ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the advantage ?

Feel, comfort. Smaller head size means more feel, less forgiveness

What's the advantage ?

They feel better when you hit em pure, and they are sexier looking. That's about it. Sergio played a whole set of RBladez Tour when he won a couple titles last year and the year before, IIRC.

I've been thinking of doing something like that, even though I'm a 15 hc I have a very good ball striking ATM, it's my long irons, driver and my short.....short game that's putting me out of single figure hc

I switched to Rbladez tour/MC combo to lower ball flight on my short irons but that was why i can not really tell the difference in feel between the forged and cast clubs

What's the advantage ?

Head shape has nothing to do with manufacturing process.

Back