What was the last club that surprised you?

Cobra Amp Cell driver, Never have I had a driver just bomb and find fairways. I thought the Cleveland Classic was very good but the amp cell is flat on it.

I love the Alpha, but was not really surprised as i knew I would love it.

The most surprised I have been is with the Adams 20 degree pro hybrid. I have never been good with hydrids but this has turned into my go to club. I still get surprised about how far it flies.
On #18 sunday when I was playing against Miller Time I pulled it a little (there is water on the left) so I am hollering oh crap. Well the ball winds up in the fairway much farther than I should be able to hit it. Josh says what were you hollering about, I said I thought it was in the water lol

Adams XTD driver. Thing is just a freaking bomber, and with it being Adams I never associate them with drivers so it wasn't a huge consideration. Got to hit it in the store, and it's easily one of the best drivers on the market right now. I found myself looking at the screen thinking the sim was broke when I hit 3 consecutive balls at 250 carry - that's a bomb for me! The same can be said of the Adams CMB's I now own - they were handed to me in the store by an employee who just says "you NEED to try these", and I was almost immediately in love with them.

Adams will no longer surprise me when they knock it out of the park with their clubs, that's for sure.

I love the Alpha, but was not really surprised as i knew I would love it.

The most surprised I have been is with the Adams 20 degree pro hybrid. I have never been good with hydrids but this has turned into my go to club. I still get surprised about how far it flies.
On #18 sunday when I was playing against Miller Time I pulled it a little (there is water on the left) so I am hollering oh crap. Well the ball winds up in the fairway much farther than I should be able to hit it. Josh says what were you hollering about, I said I thought it was in the water lol

I told OG I didn't see a splash and you never complained the whole round, so I wondered what the big deal was. Haha. You crushed that club bud.

Adams XTD driver. Thing is just a freaking bomber, and with it being Adams I never associate them with drivers so it wasn't a huge consideration. Got to hit it in the store, and it's easily one of the best drivers on the market right now. I found myself looking at the screen thinking the sim was broke when I hit 3 consecutive balls at 250 carry - that's a bomb for me! The same can be said of the Adams CMB's I now own - they were handed to me in the store by an employee who just says "you NEED to try these", and I was almost immediately in love with them.

Adams will no longer surprise me when they knock it out of the park with their clubs, that's for sure.

You hit the heck out of those CMB's little brother. You need to try out the pro hybrid as well

It was the Adams LS last year i wanted to like the Nike,Cobra or TM but the adams was just flat out better

Big Bertha.

Game-changer.

I have to agree with you, James. I thought there was a lot of hype around it due to all the advertising, but 2 shots into my first demo with Bertha and I knew the Eye 2 was a goner. I still have work to do, but when you hit the sweet spot it's just different.

Big Bertha for me. I was little apprehensive going in but I simply can't ignore what the Bertha did on the course.

You hit the heck out of those CMB's little brother. You need to try out the pro hybrid as well

Thanks man! I do need to try that thing, should've swung yours when we were down there. You were just mashing it, driving the green on National 17 was pretty sick

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

ATV Wedges - very versatile and easy to hit

MyX hot 3deep that I got last year is maybe the only club that has really over delivered in the last 5 years. The 2deep is a small improvement off the tee over the 3 deep.

Scotty Cameron Newport 2...it looks good, feels good, performs like a wooden stick with a can of beans duck taped to the other end. I was quite surprised.

Cobra Bio-Cell + irons, they really looked much better at address than I expected and as a player that focuses on feel a lot (subjective lol) I thought they were freakin awesome! The ball launched with that gradual flight I long for and they were really accurate, dispersion was within 5 yds with only a couple fire balls that went 10 yds further than they were intended to. Truly impressed with Cobra.

Yeah they are. Love mine. Looking forward to the Tour Preferred wedges with the ATV Grind.

Agree Totally!
They are great to hit just look funny
They don't look funny when you address a ball, love the face.

My last big surprise, after the ATV, was the Callaway X-Utility iron. All I can say is ... WOW! Another one that looks a little strange, with the big hunk of metal on the back, but all you need to do is swing it - so sweet!

#1 would be Cleveland Classic 310 Tour Driver...I expected to like the Classic 290 better, but the 310 blows it away. The stock Kusala Black 61s shaft in the 310 may be the best driver shaft ever for me...Still loving this club!

#2 would be the 2011 Niblick series...all (3) lofts. Loving those too!

For me, none of the new stuff has really wow'd me. I picked up an old V Steel from the used rack at an Edwin Watts store and took it in to the bay. I have to admit, I was taken back by how easy it was to hit and how long I was hitting a 7w. Picked up 2 and they have been in the bag ever since. Nothing new has even come close to replacing them.

Cobra Bio Cell + fairway wood was surprisingly great

For me it has been just about anything recently from Callaway. The X Hot, X2 Hot and the Big Bertha lines have all been very good.

Taylormade Ghost Spider Si putter.

Testing this, and was not sure what to think.

Now, I think I love it!

Cleveland Altitudes for sure
Yes putter for 40.00- best buy ever.

Cobra trusty rusty wedges. Got one cheap, and it's just perfect for me. Recently picked up another higher lifted wedge.

Back