What's your old faithful club?

og512

Reaction score
Handicap
I change my clubs all time... new drivers, irons, wedges putters, grips, shafts, etc... but no matter how much I change, my Cobra F-Rail 15.5* 3w has always remained.

I've tried to replace it with Coverts, Xhot/Xhot2's, SLDR's, RBZ/Stage2's and Amp Cells/Bio Cells and various Pings... just this past week I even tried a TEE for 9 holes 2 days ago and yet the Cobra remains.

I planning to try a new Tight Lies next week but im not optimistic.

I know I shouldnt try to fix what isnt broken but being a "ho" and obsessed with techonolgy, i feel like i should be taking advantage of the technological advancements but this Cobra 3 wood just wont budge.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

I don't really have one anymore, but It used to my old Ben Hogan 3w.

TaylorMade Rescue Fairway "3-Strong" Fairway Wood with a custom 42.5" Fujikura Vista Pro 90 Stiff Flex Shaft, (tipped 1/4"). For me its the most reliable 3-wood ever.. sneaky long and never lets me down!

Right now it is my V Steel 21* 7w, but I just changed the shaft in it this week so we will see how bad I screwed myself soon.

Scuffed up, leaded up X-Hot.

07 Burner 3W

Don't have one. All clubs recently upgraded. For me golf is that sort of game. I wonder if the pros have an old faithful...

My r11s Tour issue head or my 18* x2hot hybrid

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

An old Superfast 2.0 3w. Just tons of faith in it from everywhere.

When I started playing golf I had an Odyssey putter don't even remember the model. A friend of mine wasn't paying attention and somehow drove over it and snapped the shaft in my garage.

Needing a putter quickly I went to Walmart and got a cheap Dunlop putter. That day I shot my best round and had back to back birdies.

That putter has stayed in the bag ever since. Wouldn't dream of changing it now. I've tried others but always come back to her.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I don't really have one particular model of club, but I will say 7 iron. Because I never miss with the 7 iron.

5264144_std.jpg

J40 4 hybrid. Used to be the F5 but I use this club all over the place.

J40 4 hybrid. Used to be the F5 but I use this club all over the place.

J40 hybrids are the oldest clubs I own at the moment and 4 just happens to be my favorite. I am also very fond of my AMP Cell Pro gap wedge.

An old Ping G10 5w that I found in an old bag a few months ago, it's my go to for layups off the tee now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldest club in my bag is a Cleveland HiBore 2 hybrid. Has been a solid performer for me off of the tee and deck for so long.

My driver, not made for distance. But I can consistantly bomb it

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

I've got a ping i3 7 wood (19 degree) I just can't seem to get rid of. I hit it well off the fairway and haven't found a good replacement that plays better for me. Goes straight every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't have one. All clubs recently upgraded. For me golf is that sort of game. I wonder if the pros have an old faithful...

I know Freddy Couples sure does. Has been playing the same old Cally 3w for as long as I can remember.

Oldest club in my bag is a Cleveland HiBore 2 hybrid. Has been a solid performer for me off of the tee and deck for so long.

I loved the XLS series hybrids. I had 2-3-5 set up for a long time all with the stock Fuji Gold shafts. That was the only hybrid I have ever hit consistently and well.

Old Taylormade Rescue #4 with a steel shaft. Deep rough, fairway bunkers no problem. I feel confident with it.

My lead tape covered Adams LSP

For a long time it was my Orlimar Trimetal 13* 3w. There was a time when I could hit bombs for myself. Now I don't have a old faithful, I'm thinking the BB 3w might become that though, just been automatic for me overall.

I really don't have one right now as everything is new or bought last year, but I guess after 3 rounds so far this year it we be my Xhot Pro 3W as I just hit this thing straight and long and I feel very confident with it in my hands.

Back