Cleveland 588 Altitude Hybrid Irons Preview

I think the D stands for Dual Wedge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may be right, would make more sense, but it's listed as a drop wedge in The official CG ebay store.

So do you guys who play the drop and sand wedge find they work as good for you as the major wedge brands?

What loft is the drop & sand?

They are probably just going to be two gap wedges for me because I have the smart sole S for everything else.

They are probably just going to be two gap wedges for me because I have the smart sole S for everything else.

It would probably mess with my head too much having two S's in the bag LOL

So the DW is like 52 degrees?

It would probably mess with my head too much having two S's in the bag LOL

I've had two G's in the bag for a couple years. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

uvugu6a7.jpg

Pretty similar size as my last gap wedge.
uzu7emyq.jpg

Pretty similar size as my last gap wedge.
uzu7emyq.jpg

So is that the Altitude D Wedge it doesn't look much bigger than the MT D Wedge

So is that the Altitude D Wedge it doesn't look much bigger than the MT D Wedge

Yes, it's not very big at all. Smaller than the DI -11 PW.

Yes, it's not very big at all. Smaller than the DI -11 PW.

What does the 8 Iron look like

What does the 8 Iron look like

More like a hybrid. Here's the whole gang.
nebe7aha.jpg

More like a hybrid. Here's the whole gang.
nebe7aha.jpg

So they only start getting compact from the Pitching Wedge

Another great ball striking day...hit 10 GIR....it's just so easy to hit good shots with these irons.

Ok still trying to decide if I want to replace my X Hots from 8-D.

Do you feel like you're missing something with the xhots?

For me all the clubs between the driver and the smart sole are just for trying hit to a certain distance. I'm happy with consistent distance and straight, not trying to do anything fancy like work the ball in from either side. I can move the ball either way, but it gets away from me, so I'm satisfied just to hit the green.

Do you feel like you're missing something with the xhots?
For me all the clubs between the driver and the smart sole are just for trying hit to a certain distance. I'm happy with consistent distance and straight, not trying to do anything fancy like work the ball in from either side. I can move the ball either way, but it gets away from me, so I'm satisfied just to hit the green.

Just looking for a bit more consistency direction and length wise.

Just looking for a bit more consistency direction and length wise.

That's what I believe I have found in the Alts. I really like the DI's, but the surprise bombs were getting ridiculous, I was getting to where I didn't know what to hit on a given hole.

It starts at the 9 actually.

Yep, the 9 down really play like a standard iron/wedge. I mean, they're a wee bit larger with a thicker top line, but not ridiculous. You can't really see any of the black "cavity" part.

To me, the 5 down are all highly playable. If you like the 5 and 6 then I think you'd like the 7 down. It's the 4 and 3 that are a little hit or miss.

That's what I believe I have found in the Alts. I really like the DI's, but the surprise bombs were getting ridiculous, I was getting to where I didn't know what to hit on a given hole.

Don't get me wrong the X Hots are great clubs I love how they feel but I don't think I have consistently the skill to do them justice.

Yep, the 9 down really play like a standard iron/wedge. I mean, they're a wee bit larger with a thicker top line, but not ridiculous. You can't really see any of the black "cavity" part.

To me, the 5 down are all highly playable. If you like the 5 and 6 then I think you'd like the 7 down. It's the 4 and 3 that are a little hit or miss.

I have the 5,6&7 and love them then go to the X Hots

uvugu6a7.jpg

With your distance, you can game 2 gap wedges.

Ole Gray, from what I know about your game, I'd probably play D and then move to the Smart Sole. If I were worried that the gap might be too wide, then stick the S in given it is 54, but I am not sure you are really going to see a huge gap.

I move from a 49 to a 56. There's about a 20 yard difference. I have played a 52 in between and it was just too many clubs at the bottom given I've only got average length. Bombers like Bamboo are the people I think benefit more from additional wedges.

I have the 5,6&7 and love them then go to the X Hots

Then the 8 down seem like no brainers to me, and I say this as someone who loves Callaway irons. Why not go for more consistent runs of clubs and shafts?

As I look at your bag make up, you've got the PXVs up top, then 3 different in the middle and what I suspect are PXVs down at the bottom and then close out with the Smart Soles. I'd want to find a cut off line (like that 5H) and be consistent from that point down.

I don't really think the 8-D are going to play that much differently from the XHots. The main thing will be less offset. Down at the bottom though, you start moving into the lofts where the effects of the additional forgiveness from perimeter and rear weighting are seemingly outweighed by additional loft and spin.

Back