The Disney World Thread

^ looks like we found Grumpy

Dibbs on not being Dopey

We are heading over for Memorial Day weekend. We are staying at AKL (Kidani). I don't know how much time I will spend in the parks, but the Magic Kingdom is open all night on that Friday. If the mine carts are rollin' by then, 4 AM should be about my best chance.

I'm trying not to watch the videos so I don't spoil it. Save the magic for in person. The still photos look fantastic

What is a good age to take young ones here? Golf will not happen when he is with me , but what is a good age that a young boy would enjoy this park ?

What is a good age to take young ones here? Golf will not happen when he is with me , but what is a good age that a young boy would enjoy this park ?

As long as he's 48in tall, he's good to go on just about every ride

We took our kids for the first time when they were almost 4 and almost 2. The older one enjoyed it and had a great time, and the younger one liked the characters but didn't care as much about the rides. Under 2 is free so we thought it was worth it anyway.

We are taking them back to Magic Kingdom for a day here in less than three weeks at almost 6 and almost 4. I am looking forward to seeing how they view it now versus then.

Took our son first at 18 mos. He enjoyed it but not as much as he does now at almost 3 yrs. Any age can enjoy Disney, that's what makes it great. But if you can't go often then I'd wait until they are old and tall enough to ride most attractions. Four would be fine I'm sure.

All I have to say is the my disney app is your friend master it and you master your experience (the gf is a freaking wizard with it)

Also definitely recommend the express pass at universal and ioa we didn't wait at all yesterday did both parks (except a few outdoor ones due to rain)

Using Tapatalk

The Disney World Thread

3 is the youngest I would expect to enjoy the trip. Don't expect them to remember much though

Any age is a good age to go there. I don't care what anyone says, DW is the bomb and imo you'd have to try to not enjoy it.

Any age is a good age to go there. I don't care what anyone says, DW is the bomb and imo you'd have to try to not enjoy it.

I dunno, I'd rather not take a newborn hahaha

Always amazes me that some do though, more power to them I guess

I dunno, I'd rather not take a newborn hahaha

Always amazes me that some do though, more power to them I guess

Hahaha oh I totally agree I meant more on the other side of the spectrum ; )

My daughters first trip was at 3 months, only because we had family in town going there. Her second trip was on her first birthday and we will continue to take her each year on her bday.

I look at it as they may not remember but the pictures will be around forever. It will be fun to see the same pictures each year and how she changes. It also helps to live an hour and a half away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried Nigiri tonight for the first time at Tokyo Dining.

8ahabe9u.jpg

And what did you think?

Never been to Tokyo Dining.

And what did you think?

Never been to Tokyo Dining.

Second time at Tokyo Dining, we normally do Teppan Edo. Food is good and they usually have an opening. We got a reservation with an hour notice.

Thinking of surprising my wife and daughter with a trip to Disney. Probably 4 days or so. Whats the best time in the fall to go? I was thinking Octoberish because thats when our 5 year anniversary is.

Thinking of surprising my wife and daughter with a trip to Disney. Probably 4 days or so. Whats the best time in the fall to go? I was thinking Octoberish because thats when our 5 year anniversary is.

October is great for the Food and Wine festival at Epcot. You also have the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party which is awesome.

My suggestion, first week of December. All the Christmas decorations are up and the parks aren't that bad crowd wise. They also have the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party and its fun, they have snow on main street and hot chocolate and cookies throughout the park.

You could schedule your trip between October 18-25 this year we can share in some hijinx.

My wife and I went in October for our honeymoon and it was great. the weather wan't too hot or too cold and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is cool.

October is great for the Food and Wine festival at Epcot. You also have the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party which is awesome.

My suggestion, first week of December. All the Christmas decorations are up and the parks aren't that bad crowd wise. They also have the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party and its fun, they have snow on main street and hot chocolate and cookies throughout the park.

You could schedule your trip between October 18-25 this year we can share in some hijinx.

There's really not a non-busy time anymore though. VMCP would be great for seeing MK with little wait time if you can get your kids to stay up till Midnight. If they crash early, that's unfortunate and not a good idea.

Check out this site:
www.yourfirstvisit.net

Awesome information for planning a trip to Disney. Plus all the great knowledge on here. We went the first week of Dec last year and it was great. No crowds, great weather.

Let me know when you come down Ricky. I'll wave to you from the top of Cindy's castle. :)

I've used easywdw.com for the two trips we've made so far. They have calendars that give an idea of overall attendance levels and which parks you should try each day.

I would also go by what the hotel rates are. When you see the rates creeping up, (skyrocket) it's not because the parks are dead. August and September are typically the value season. You hit November-December, you have the annual snowbird visitors. It does get busy, and parks will temporarily close because of reaching capacity.

October is very nice. Gets crowded around Halloween. First two weeks of November lighten up if you want to avoid crowds. It gets crowded again near Thanksgiving. Early December lightens up again, then Christmas is very busy again.

Nov can cool down a bit but is usually very nice. Still swimming weather in early Nov. By late Nov it's a little cool for swimming. Big desk for our kids.

Also, the water parks close in Fall so check those dates if that's important.

Our fav time has become late August/early Sept. Thanks to school, crowds wane then but everything is open and weather is still warm.

Back