Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three shots from last night stand out to me.
1) On the 12th hole, I hit a pitch with my 58 degree SmartSole from 20 yards or so perfectly on to the fringe to a short sided pin...and it released right over the cup. Dropped the 4 footer for par.
2) On the par 3 17th, where I dunked two balls in the water, I ended up dropping a ball behind the green and announcing "I don't see how this doesn't go in." Then chipped it to 3" with my new-to-me 54 588 RTX CB.
3) But the best shot was on the 11th hole. I thinned my 3 wood off the tee leaving an awful side hill/chest high lie about 230 yards from the tee. I took a half swing with my 3h trying to punch it up the fairway, and of course is sky-rocketed up into the wind, turned dead left, and landed in the long grass (fescue) 110 yards form the green. From there I hit my PW blindly to about 6 feet. And then dropped the par putt.

Three shots from last night stand out to me.
1) On the 12th hole, I hit a pitch with my 58 degree SmartSole from 20 yards or so perfectly on to the fringe to a short sided pin...and it released right over the cup. Dropped the 4 footer for par.
2) On the par 3 17th, where I dunked two balls in the water, I ended up dropping a ball behind the green and announcing "I don't see how this doesn't go in." Then chipped it to 3" with my new-to-me 54 588 RTX CB.
3) But the best shot was on the 11th hole. I thinned my 3 wood off the tee leaving an awful side hill/chest high lie about 230 yards from the tee. I took a half swing with my 3h trying to punch it up the fairway, and of course is sky-rocketed up into the wind, turned dead left, and landed in the long grass (fescue) 110 yards form the green. From there I hit my PW blindly to about 6 feet. And then dropped the par putt.

That is some impressive scrambling!

And thank god...because without that, it would've been really ugly.

I've bee there. It's fun making pars when it's looking like bogey is the only option.

Chutt in to save par on #18

Played in a captain's choice tournament yesterday and after everyone had put their second shot into the hazard on the par 5, I hit my 3 iron to about 20 feet and then sank the putt for eagle.

You showed them the correct method. :) Nice!

Best Shot Of Your Round

I am in the middle of my round but I think it's safe for me to post this one. I was literally walking up the fairway thinking to myself that the work I've been doing is starting to pay off with my irons, but I'm not seeing any thing from it on the scorecard because I'm putting and driving so poorly today. Then I had this shot from 120
gy9e6a4e.jpg

Gap wedge in the clowns mouth for eagle on a par five (that's my ball mark in the picture).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sweet shot tequila4kapp

I hit a very nice 8 iron today, par3 170yards, about 1 foot for a tap in birdie.

Helluva shot, t4k! In the clown's mouth! Love it

Topped a 7 iron that went about 100 yards on a Par 3. Hit a my 60 degree perfect and my ball took two nice hops and fell in the cup from about 40 yards.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Great shot T4K! Love leaving the putter in the bag!

My my best shot today actually came on my one good hole! 517 yard par 5 I smoked a drive to get me about 220 out. Tried to just keep the ball in front of me with a heavy crosswind and trouble right and long. Went with a 4 iron and I pured it onto the front of the green for an eagle putt. Proceeded to 2 putt for birdie too.

Two up and downs from nasty down hill lies in heavy rough. Also, my SLDR. Tee shots were punished today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really had my pitch game going today, dropping 3 shots from 30-50yds inside of 2 feet. But those weren't the shots that really stuck out...

A bad club choice placed me up on a steep sagebrush and rocky dirt hillside. My approach hit the cart path and launched up ball up on that hill, about 30 feet above the green. My ball was next to a tree that gave me no shot right handed. I addressed the ball left handed and turn my 56* wedge so the vertical toe edge was now the leading edge. I took a little lefty chip stroke and the ball popped up, tumbled down the hill like a plinko chip, took a few bounces on the cart path, then slowly rolled down the fairway cut grass that surrounds the green, and gathered enough speed to trickle the final 20ft toward the hole. It stopped at 2ft.

Made the putt for the most ridiculously absurd par save I've ever had. I laughed HARD at that one

I really had my pitch game going today, dropping 3 shots from 30-50yds inside of 2 feet. But those weren't the shots that really stuck out...

A bad club choice placed me up on a steep sagebrush and rocky dirt hillside. My approach hit the cart path and launched up ball up on that hill, about 30 feet above the green. My ball was next to a tree that gave me no shot right handed. I addressed the ball left handed and turn my 56* wedge so the vertical toe edge was now the leading edge. I took a little lefty chip stroke and the ball popped up, tumbled down the hill like a plinko chip, took a few bounces on the cart path, then slowly rolled down the fairway cut grass that surrounds the green, and gathered enough speed to trickle the final 20ft toward the hole. It stopped at 2ft.

Made the putt for the most ridiculously absurd par save I've ever had. I laughed HARD at that one

Ridiculous par saves are more fun that birdies sometimes.

Ridiculous par saves are more fun that birdies sometimes.

Indeed. Watching that ball dance down toward the hole is burned into my memory :D

Had about a 30 yard pitch that had land on the green, go up a steep slope to a second tier without going long above the hole, or coming back down the slope. It was a difficult pin to get close to. Instead, just jarred it for birdie.

8 iron from on top of a mound right of the 9th fairway from 137 to here for a kick in birdie and a front side 40

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399141366.090184.jpg

Probably my only birdie which was 116 into a light wind to 4 feet to convert to bird.

12th hole, 169 yard par 3, six iron to here:

134E04CF-52E6-4205-9058-64BF050F0BF6_zps0q8hudvf.jpg

And rolled in the birdie putt.

2 weeks ago I had a good tee shot 510y par 5. Big uphill off the tee and big downhill into the green. Took a 3h in 250 and knocked in the putt. Today on the same hole I absolutely mashed my drive and took a 5i in from 210 and knocked in the 15' putt. 2 eagles in 3 weeks on the same hole. I have had a lot of birdies on that one in the past and I think we are soulmates.

Today I teed off with a 3 wood and hit a draw 240, The hole was a 360 yard par 4 with a slight dogleg left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back