What milestone are you trying to break?

robmypro

Reaction score
Everyone seems to be working towards breaking 100, 90, 80, etc. So I was wondering what milestone you are trying to break, and what part of your game you are focused on to get over the hump?

I am trying to break 100, and my driver (slice) is the biggest focus area. I have to give myself a chance off the tees. Upgraded from the Eye 2 to the Big Bertha driver, which has done wonders.

Edit: Sorry, messed up title. Can a moderator fix it? Thanks!

Constant solid contact. Im of the thinking that handicap, scores and such will all drop when I have a repeatable swing that provides constant contact every swing.

A smaller but just as important is to continue to build my condifence with thr flat stick. Spi has been eye opening and I want to get to that point where no putt seems impossible.

Fixed.

I want to shoot 75. Right now my best is 79 from the white and blue and 76 from the gold. I don't care if I shot it from the golds, but I would rather do it from the blues.

I want to have a round without a single Thurman Munson, and a round without a big slice. Same round, preferably.

Single digit handicap. I'm at 10.3 right now. My coach thinks I can be a 4. I don't see myself getting better than a 7 this year. Definitely seeing my hard work pay off.

My goal for this summer is to be in the 80's. Needing to dedicate some time for practice and playing. With my schedule I will be pretty tough but willing to put in the time

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

I want to break par. Mental game work and putting are key.

Fixed.

I want to shoot 75. Right now my best is 79 from the white and blue and 76 from the gold. I don't care if I shot it from the golds, but I would rather do it from the blues.

I want to have a round without a single Thurman Munson, and a round without a big slice. Same round, preferably.

Thanks dude. Shooting 76 from any tee is one heck of an accomplishment. Good for you. I would be so happy to shoot 99 right now.

More than 6 rounds in a year for probably the first time ever would be best. And then ideally to shoot consistently under 80....

I want to be a 18 HCP.

I think I can get there consistency is starting to show in the game.
18 is not the finish line for me however, I want to go lower.

I want GIR's to go up, and putting to go down.

I want to play to the best of my abilities, and have fun in the game.

I want to shoot a 66 this year, I'm putting in a bunch of practice time in order to fix a couple flaws that have been preventing me from getting there but I think I can do it. Maybe in July lol.

At the moment its 90, I'm working on making a consistent swing so that I can make good consistent contact, I need to get off the tee better and take advantage of my length. Getting to my goal of sub 10 is just a matter of getting consistent.

As part of my goals for 2014, I want to break 100 and eliminate the three-putts.

Break 80 and become get my handicap <10.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Break 80 half a dozen times or so this year.

Have the majority of my rounds be in the 80 to 83 range.

Win a THP event

I want to shoot a 66 this year, I'm putting in a bunch of practice time in order to fix a couple flaws that have been preventing me from getting there but I think I can do it. Maybe in July lol.

I hope you get your 66 but please wait until August to do that. Thanks in advance.

Signed your good buddy,
Jeff/John

I'd like to see that

As your partner at the bear trap

I too would like to get back into the low 80s and shoot in the 70s once again , I know that our course will have to improve condition for this to happen but I hope to get on a few other courses soon and expect to play well in NC and TN next month.

The milestone I'm trying to break this year is par. My swing and game are moving in the right direction, I've just got to get rid of the random mental errors and occasional wonky swing.
The swing has really come around since the changes I started in August and my main focus right now is to make sure I have a clear intention for every shot and better course management.

I am on the senior tees almost full time now but I would still like to card a 60 something just once. Been close but no cigar. Right now I am working on tempo much more than ever before and it seems to be paying dividends.

I'd like to go 18 holes without losing a ball (3 today).

I'd like to go 18 holes without a three-putt (2 today).

I'd like to break 80 (88 today with those 3-putts and lost balls).

I see me to have huge lapses in concentration. I lose more balls with an 8/9 iron in my hand than I do driver.

Thanks dude. Shooting 76 from any tee is one heck of an accomplishment. Good for you. I would be so happy to shoot 99 right now.

Honestly, I would be happy to shoot 85 right now!

Break 80 half a dozen times or so this year.

Have the majority of my rounds be in the 80 to 83 range.

Win a THP event
Make it be the Morgan Cup.

This summer my goal is to break 90 at least twice. My best round to date is a 96 last season. I've gotten my slice under control and I've been working on my chips/pitches, and I'm hoping those two areas alone will help do the trick.

Trying to get my index down to a +2 so I have a chance to compete at the club championship. I'm working a lot on my putting and doing some posture/alignment/swing plane adjustments with my full swing. I bought "The Plane Truth" which has been a huge help. My natural swing has always been a 1 plane swing but now I never understood the difference between a 1 plane and 2 plane swing until reading this book. My ball striking is getting better and I have gained some distance.

I want to get to the point where I am consistently in the 80's, that would make me very happy.

Back