Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the Synology one I looked at quite a bit. However the cost was close to double and it just was not worth it to me.

Yeah, it all depends on what you want out of it (and how much spare cash you have to throw at it...) - I like the Synology and QNAP stuff as they have the ability to transcode on-the-fly for players/streamers that can't handle certain file formats

I have been holding off on the purchase for a while after the hard drive price increase, but now that drives are starting to get back down to a reasonable price this is back on the horizon again

The new My Cloud is in place and it is working perfectly. Shifting a lot of content over to it yesterday and today has really come in handy and made things accessible for both GG and myself wherever we are.

Been on a tech binge the last few days. Picked up a new network wifi security camera to monitor Duke while we are gone (it sounds crazy, but needed). Got that hooked up and running and works great from anywhere.

Picked up the small Apple wireless keyboard. Works good with all of my devices and is small enough to really travel with me.
Grabbed a small dongle that attaches to my tablet and hooks into a TV via HDMI. Between this and My Cloud, I will have access to everything on our WD Live TV Hub when on the road.

Getting ready for a long few months of traveling and want to be prepared.

Sounds like you are well prepared there JB - and access to everything sounds great

Does the security camera include a record facility or is it simply one you can access remotely for real-time feeds?

Sounds like you are well prepared there JB - and access to everything sounds great

Does the security camera include a record facility or is it simply one you can access remotely for real-time feeds?

It can record. Both to a SD card or to Cloud.

I went to AT&T today as I was due for my upgrade. Looked at a ton of phones and was close to going droid just couldn't do it. I guess it's familiarity I don't know. Felt like all of them were too big. Settled on the 5s and while it isn't a huge jump from the 4s it is definitely noticeable both in screen size and speed of the OS

I went to AT&T today as I was due for my upgrade. Looked at a ton of phones and was close to going droid just couldn't do it. I guess it's familiarity I don't know. Felt like all of them were too big. Settled on the 5s and while it isn't a huge jump from the 4s it is definitely noticeable both in screen size and speed of the OS

From the 4s it's a solid upgrade dude. I'm back on an iPhone for a few different reasons, main one being ease of use during a busy day.

I greatly prefer what android offers in a phone, but in the fly iOS is just easy.

From the 4s it's a solid upgrade dude. I'm back on an iPhone for a few different reasons, main one being ease of use during a busy day.

I greatly prefer what android offers in a phone, but in the fly iOS is just easy.

I told Dev it was the first time I considered android. The resolution was awesome but the s5 was just too big for me. I use my phone for text web and tapatalk and iOS handles all of that just fine for me. I'm enjoying the speed boost and a bit bigger screen on this guy..

Plus the Bertha headcover from Team Callaway collection is nice :)

I told Dev it was the first time I considered android. The resolution was awesome but the s5 was just too big for me. I use my phone for text web and tapatalk and iOS handles all of that just fine for me. I'm enjoying the speed boost and a bit bigger screen on this guy..

Plus the Bertha headcover from Team Callaway collection is nice :)

I'm rocking the Bertha phone case as well. Chad hooked us up with those at the king.

We just upgraded ours last week to 5s for the same reason. I don't have big hands. Even the taller 5s is an adjustment to reach the top if holding in one hand. Much better than the 4s. Just didn't find an alternative we loved and have too much Apple integration right now. Plus $129 for the upgrade with our corporate discount was too good to pass up. Will sell the old ones on eBay for around $150 and cover the new cases and everything.

Good move to stay Apple, but 6 will be here in 5 or 6 months. I always suggest to folks to stay on the number only schedule for upgrades.

I've had 3G, 4, 5 and will be upgrade eligible at 6.

Shocked to not see Ray pondering keeping his new Go Phone.

Shocked to not see Ray pondering keeping his new Go Phone.

Seriously, it is a magnificent piece of technology. Cutting edge, you might say.

:alien:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Good move to stay Apple, but 6 will be here in 5 or 6 months. I always suggest to folks to stay on the number only schedule for upgrades.

I've had 3G, 4, 5 and will be upgrade eligible at 6.

Well I'm on the next 12 plan. With the new plans offered by AT&T I'm only paying 85 bucks even with this new phone and can upgrade in 12 months to the 6 for no charge

Well I'm on the next 12 plan. With the new plans offered by AT&T I'm only paying 85 bucks even with this new phone and can upgrade in 12 months to the 6 for no charge

Gotcha. I forgot they do that now. I'm still on the old school plan so I can keep my unlimited data.

Just got a call from DirecTV and they are giving us a Genie for free, so with the two existing HD-DVR's were going to be able to record 9 shows.

Just picked up a 60" Sharp Aquos Q+

Wow is all I can say, super crisp picture and it makes my previous 47" look like a smart car...

Wow is all I can say, super crisp picture and it makes my previous 47" look like a smart car...

Nice. It's a good set.

Nice. It's a good set.

Yeah I was unsure for a while. Almost got the new Sony 4K but figured it just was not worth it, especially when the Sharp is ready for 4k and over a grand less.

Niiiice!

Still TV shopping. There are so many I want, but just need to keep it within the budget.

According to the dude in Best Buy, most of the manufactures are releasing there new lines now/soon, so should see a small price drop. Samsung did have there new release, previous years model was only $250 off, not much but I would expect the prices to drop even more.

picked up one of these for my Nexus 7. So thin, I like it.

81n3QP9qXnL._SL1500_.jpg

That hub thong JB worked great. I uploaded my pictures from here to it and he was able to then access them and post them in the TM threads.

That hub thong JB worked great. I uploaded my pictures from here to it and he was able to then access them and post them in the TM threads.

Its going to work very well for our upcoming events and trips to OEMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back