What milestone are you trying to break?

Single digit handicap. Need to get some consistency to my game.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sub 70 round

Break 80. Did it once two years ago and haven't really come that close since.

Shoot 85 consistently, hopefully get my cap down to 10 or better and get into a THP event.

Using Tapatalk

My goal is to be a single digit handicap right now. I want to be consistently in the mid to low 80's and be able to at least sniff the upper 70's on any course. Got a ways to go, but today's lesson focusing on alignment is a big step in the right direction I think.

trying to break 90 (so close so many times!) and trying to shoot a side under 40. Yesterday if I had made par instead of triple on the 18th I would have been 48/39 to meet both goals. alas, it was not to be. The other milestone I'm trying for is to be playing off of an 18 HCP before I hit my 1 year golfing anniversary in August. All are in my grasp... need to put in more work. Challenge accepted.

its coming man. Great weekend of golf out there!

Trying to get under a 6 handicap. Going to take a ton of work. Not there yet. Not even close

Consecutive holes without a birdie apparently. Lol

Seriously I want 50% or more of my rounds to be below my average of 95 from last year. I don't want to say "shave 5 strokes off average because that's asking a lot and a set up for failure. By saying 50% of my rounds below my average it gives me some throwaway rounds for days when I just don't have it together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Consistently be in the 80's. Then to be in the low 90's on a course I've never seen would follow more than likely.

To the OP. Put the driver away. don't even take it to the course. I'd put money that you hit a 3 wood about as far as your driver most times anyway and it is a lot more forgiving. That's what I did for 2 years. As far as I was concerned, I didn't even own a driver and it helped. I got to where I was in the mid to high 80's or low 90's consistently (more right at 90), but it got me where I wanted to go. This is the first summer I've put my driver back in the bag. It was hard to pull it out a couple of years ago, but after a couple of rounds, you won't even miss not having the temptation. Trust me on this one.

I have been reading about everyone's milestones and a couple things jump out at me. First, there are a lot of REALLY GOOD golfers here. Really happy for you guys to be able to enjoy the game at the level you do. Secondly, I read so many comments from members supporting others, which is just awesome. That is what I really enjoy about THP. It's really cool that we are all just trying to be the best we can, but add to that so many people here are really rooting for each other, and that is something special.

I wish all of you good luck in reaching your milestones, but with the passion, determination and support I read about every day here, I honestly don't think you guys are going to need that much luck.

To Texas, I upgraded to the Bertha driver and think I can keep it in play now (most of the time). The Eye 2 driver was giving me an uphill battle 50% of the time, and if this girl and I prove incompatible, I guarantee you we will be living separate lives if it happens too often. So far, I am encouraged!

I have been reading about everyone's milestones and a couple things jump out at me. First, there are a lot of REALLY GOOD golfers here. Really happy for you guys to be able to enjoy the game at the level you do. Secondly, I read so many comments from members supporting others, which is just awesome. That is what I really enjoy about THP. It's really cool that we are all just trying to be the best we can, but add to that so many people here are really rooting for each other, and that is something special.

I wish all of you good luck in reaching your milestones, but with the passion, determination and support I read about every day here, I honestly don't think you guys are going to need that much luck.

To Texas, I upgraded to the Bertha driver and think I can keep it in play now (most of the time). The Eye 2 driver was giving me an uphill battle 50% of the time, and if this girl and I prove incompatible, I guarantee you we will be living separate lives if it happens too often. So far, I am encouraged!

That is the world we live in on THP dude. We're here for each other (and to save our wives from the golf talk hahahaha!)

Play to a legitimate 4 handicap...everywhere.

To break 90. I just broke 100 last summer and do so fairly consistently now. My last two rounds were both 93's, 89 is soon to follow!

To break 90. I just broke 100 last summer and do so fairly consistently now. My last two rounds were both 93's, 89 is soon to follow!

You know it is!

Breaking 100 is my goal. Same goal as last year. Hopefully I'll avoid the injury bug this year, and actually play once or twice a week!

Also hoping to keep an even keel mentally, even if I don't crack the 100 mark. I can let a bad round get me down a bit too easily, I think.

Breaking 90. Getting my handicap to a 15.

Breaking 90 at any of the three courses at RTJ Capitol Hill and to break 80 at my home course. Keeping my driver in play and some decent putting should make my first goal possible, and for the second I just have to play consistent on both nines. Another milestone for me is to get my handicap under 12.

My goal is to get play more consistent and shoot in the 70's more, which in turn should get my handicap back into the single figures.

Sub 9 handicap.
Shoot below 75 on my home course a couple times.
Improve long shots, have a flaw where they tend to fade too much on the end.

Short-term:
Won competition yesterday. In the morning we play alternating shots (matchplay) and in the afternoon it's matchplay one-on-one. I want to win again next week as it's the last weekend of competition. :)

I think this thread should serve us all as a reminder of what the game and THP are all about, the love for golf, the love for getting better, and the love for each other. Reading this again this morning really points me in the right direction for the day.

I am trying to break the 80 mark while staying consistent with ball striking with my driver. Along with a more conscious effort focusing on short game I feel I have the ability to achieve my goal.

I am trying to break 80 for the first time. I feel it will happen soon as my tee game has changed drastically with the addition of Bertha, and my scrambling and putting are reall strong right now.

I think this thread should serve us all as a reminder of what the game and THP are all about, the love for golf, the love for getting better, and the love for each other. Reading this again this morning really points me in the right direction for the day.

awesome post. I think things have gotten away from that a little bit recently and the support of fellow golfers in this thread is a good example of what turned me onto THP in the first place. Happy to see it.

I'm trying to break 80, been close a few times.
Mental game I think would help more for me.

Back