Big golf plans this year? Lets hear them!

ddelloch

Reaction score
Handicap
I thought I would see what is left on everyone's list this year now that the winter travel season is over and regular golf is gearing up for most of us. I'm sure some of you have some more THP events in the hopper and some of you just have awesome things planned.

I have 3 little patches of golf planned this year. In a couple of weeks the family is taking off to the in-laws for a week and I will be having my own little golf stay-cation while they are gone. Looks like I will be able to get in 4-5 rounds in the week while they are away if the weather cooperates.

This summer 3 pals and I have a cottage rented for 5 days in the heart of golf country on one of the awesome courses there. We have 8 rounds booked, I'm then heading to meet the wife and kid who will be staying with her parents and putting in another week of golf with her dad and some other friends.

At the end of summer I have a long weekend trip to Alberta planned for our annual end of summer golf get together. That will just be 4 days of golf and beer drinking/bbq'ing.

What does everyone else have going on?

THP Events. Loads of them.

That sounds awesome. I envy you buddy. I plan on hitting the range twice per week, and playing one round per week (next one is tomorrow). Not really going anywhere, and plan on playing the same course pretty much for the next few months. That sounds really boring compared to what you have going. lol

I've already attended 4 awesome THP events. (TM Ultimate Testing, HHI and Lake Charles Invitationals and #TheKing) In June, I have a golf trip planned to Reynolds Plantation to stay in the golf cottages and play Cuscowilla and another course around there with a few buddies. I'm trying my best to get into the THP Championship at PGA National. And then this fall, I'm supposed to be taking a trip down to TPC Sawgrass, but we'll see.

Nothing to compare with the above really, but hoping to do my first ever mini break where my wife and I go off with another couple. The guys play golf and the girls use the spa etc...

End of June, Southern Iowa gathering with THPers.
Late July, family outing at the Lake of the Ozarks.
Beginning of August, attempt to threepeat my City Championship.
Everything in between, probably some golf in the Ozarks and a whole lot of golf at my home course.

~Rock

Nothing to compare with the above really, but hoping to do my first ever mini break where my wife and I go off with another couple. The guys play golf and the girls use the spa etc...

I get bored on vacation pretty easily sometimes... I'm bat at relaxing... but we have done a couple of trips like that to Hawaii in the last few years. My buddy any I get up early and golf and then by the time we are done the wives are up and ready for the day. I can handle laying on the beach for 3-4 hours much better if I've already got 18 in that day and my wife gets way less upset about being left alone for the time it takes to play a round with this arrangement.

Hopefully Scottland on vacation to visit a friend and play some awesome golf.

My biggest plans for the year have already happened - #TheKing. I don't have any other big golf plans, although I may head down to Tacoma in the summer to play Chambers Bay again if my buddy's GF's dad comes in to visit (he's a good golfer). Otherwise though, my big golf plans for the rest of the year are to get this cap down to single digits or close. I have high hopes, as my short game is better than it's ever been and I have a new Big Bertha that is 10 yards longer than my previous driver on a good swing. Once I get my shot shapes under control (hooks...) and start finding more fairways again, I think I'll start trending down quickly.

I get bored on vacation pretty easily sometimes... I'm bat at relaxing... but we have done a couple of trips like that to Hawaii in the last few years. My buddy any I get up early and golf and then by the time we are done the wives are up and ready for the day. I can handle laying on the beach for 3-4 hours much better if I've already got 18 in that day and my wife gets way less upset about being left alone for the time it takes to play a round with this arrangement.

I know you mean, but amazingly the wives suggested this one! Maybe we are on to a winner...

Hopefully Scottland on vacation to visit a friend and play some awesome golf.

Have you been there before. So far it's been my favourite place ever to play golf. What part of Scotland are you going to?

THP Events. Loads of them.

THP events:
TMAG Ultimate Club Testing
HHI Invitational
Love is in the Air
SeeMore Extravaganza

Hopeful for:
The Gauntlet
Invitational Championship

What I've done:

Hilton Head Invitational
Lake Charles Invitational

What I've still got planned:
Indianapolis Invitational
SeeMore Event
Ocean City Invitational
Morgan Cup

Whats Left:

Love is In The Air
Trip with THP to Cali
Indy Invitational
Gathering June 21
Morgan Cup
Golf trip to Williamsburg
Hopefully the Bear Trap
Hopefully the Grandaddy Part 2

I plan on trying to play atleast 1 round a week til I have the money saved to pay for a membership at a local course! Thats my plan anyways lol

And hoping for a THP event in Louisiana in 2015!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I'm holding out hope for the Bridgestone Championship and Granddaddy, and if I get into either/both that will be my big golf plans for the year. Otherwise, my run of horrible luck with THP event conflicts has forced me to go to a Plan B - building some kind of personal schedule around summer tournaments put on by a regional organization I stumbled on recently.

I plan on trying to play atleast 1 round a week til I have the money saved to pay for a membership at a local course! Thats my plan anyways lol

And hoping for a THP event in Louisiana in 2015!

We just had an event there 4-6 weeks ago, not sure when there will be another. Although sometimes travel opens up incredible options for people and some incredible events.

Yea I joined up on here just a few weeks too late. But hey if its within a 2-3 hour driving distance I could probably make it happen :)

Right now, really like my schedule. Going to try to play 1/week in-between this stuff, but this is what's on my calendar.

May 29: VSGA tournament
June 11: Bridgestone Golf Challenge (ball testing)
June 28: Bridgstone Invitational Ocean City
July 7: VSGA tournament
Aug 1:VSGA tournament
Sept 8: VSGA tournament
Nov 4:VSGA tournament

Really hope to be adding something Sept 6-7th... :bananadance:

Indy Invitational
SeeMore Event
Morgan Cup
#TheGrandaddy #TheDOS

Hopefully the B'stone Championship or Gauntlet

Yeah, there are a couple big golf plans out there.

At the bare minimum,,,( family and job are a factor) I will be playing 2 / of the 6 tournaments I prepaid for . It is so so hard to make arrangements for these events . I pretty much take it one week at a time, I signed up in advance..if I miss the event I will be bummed..but family and job come 1st .

Was just thinking about this, yesterday, and I think I might have over-filled my calendar, just a touch. I'm not going to change it, though, because there's the potential for lots of fun and golf. May (2 days in WI for tournament, 3 days in IN for THP event). June (1 week in AZ, including 2-day tourney, 3 days in TN for THP event, and hopefully 2 days in IA for unofficial THP gathering). August (several days in NE, probably a couple of days of golf). Sept (hopefully a 4-day tourney in AZ, hopefully a 2-day THP event in FL).

June: Weekend in Plymouth, MA - Pinehills Golf Club
July: Family reunion tournament - Winnapaug Country Club
August: Father's memorial/scholarship tournament - New England Country Club

Have you been there before. So far it's been my favourite place ever to play golf. What part of Scotland are you going to?

My friend is a member of The West Kilbride Golf Club. He lives in the Glasgow area.

My friend is a member of The West Kilbride Golf Club. He lives in the Glasgow area.
Have fun. Maybe you get further up and play Loch Lomond. I want to play there more than anywhere

Back