Bridgestone Golf - Welcome To The 2014 Morgan Cup

My fitting is Saturday. I have a bag in mind based on what I THINK might work. Mill be interesting to see what the numbers say. Us Internet golfers are rarely as right as the numbers. :act-up: Gonna take a buddy to help me document and do a write up.

JM

My fitting is Saturday. I have a bag in mind based on what I THINK might work. Mill be interesting to see what the numbers say. Us Internet golfers are rarely as right as the numbers. :act-up: Gonna take a buddy to help me document and do a write up.

JM

The numbers will tell the truth. Looking forward to your write up as the place you are going looks pretty sweet.

I will hopefully be doing my fitting next Saturday.

My bag order will be sent in by mid next week if not sooner. I was leaning towards a combo set, but think that may have changed. Last piece of the puzzled will be solved today.

My bag order will be sent in by mid next week if not sooner. I was leaning towards a combo set, but think that may have changed. Last piece of the puzzled will be solved today.
What is the last piece of the puzzle?

I thought I would give this a little bump seeing as our sponsor has showered us with swag this week and our orders are due soon for our bag setup.

I know Freddie has put in his order, anyone else know what they are going with? Anyone still going in for a fitting before the deadline?

I've got some CBs arriving today from the Test Drive program with KBS Tour shafts and Project Flighted shafts that I wanted to try out before making my final decision. I believe I'll be headed to Myrtle next weekend to test out the True Balance putters, so I can decide which way I want to go there.
Which direction are you leaning for shafts? Do you have the top end of the bag set?

JM
What shafts are you playing now? How do they feel?

My bag is pretty wide open until my fitting which will be late next week sometime.

For driver: bouncing between 10.5* and 12*. Will have a 10.5* in PX 5.5 from Matt, but also got test drive package 14 on the way so will have 5 options to compare and see numbers on.

FW: thinking the 3+ will be in the bag, but not sure on shaft, likely same line as in the driver

Hybrids: Right now I'm leaning 2, 3, & 4 with the shaft somewhat up in the air, but the 4h with a PX 6.0 shaft feels great and seems to perform well, so that might end up sticking in all of them.

Irons: DPCs all the way, but shaft is TBD. Was thinking graphite would be a nice option, but also looking at KBS and their site says I should be in the CTL's.

Wedges: 52* bent to 50* with an iron shaft in it, and a 54* with a shaft TBD. I've got a 54* right now with a stock spinner in it and haven't really noticed any issues, but plan to really get out this week and put it through it's paces to see if I need it to change. Was toying with a 58* and dropping something from the top of my bag, but I just don't think I'd use the higher lofted wedge as much. Also, going with the black oxide head.

Putter: TD-03 with the large grip. I wanted to like the TD-01 but it just felt off to me. The 03 is a different head style than I'm playing now, but it felt solid when I tried it.

Ball: B330RX all the way. Online and live fittings confirmed it.

Which direction are you leaning for shafts? Do you have the top end of the bag set?

I'm still undecided on iron shafts. The Recoils are up at the top of the list but I want to try a few more options and see how my fitting goes before I make my final decision.

Top of the bag is undecided. I thought for sure I was going with 3+ and 5w but now I'm pondering throwing a hybrid in the bag. They look good but having never hit one it would be total departure from what I am used to.

JM

looking forward to that write up JM.

What shafts are you playing now? How do they feel?

Freddie - The shafts I am playing now are DG R300 that I pulled and put into DPC heads that Kevin was kind enough to loan out to me. I am getting mid to high ball flight, but am feeling like they are a little heavy to me. Starting to work on my joints a little too. I previously played the KBS Tour 90 in my CB3's from Adams, and do not remember the joint issues. Having never been fit, this is the only baseline I have from which to judge. In the drive at the moment is PX 5.0 and I like, Hybos have the Miyazaki Tour 59R that came out of my beloved Mashies and they are working out well. Will be trying to select a shaft from the offering that closely mirrors those specs in relation to torque etc. Thinking about the VTS Red in R flex.

JM

Which was are you leaning

After I just sank that 15' to save Par on #1 after only rolling 6 putts on the practice green...the TD-01. #trustyourstroke

After I just sank that 15' to save Par on #1 after only rolling 6 putts on the practice green...the TD-01. #trustyourstroke

Didn't you go with a traditional grip? How did that effect the putter

Didn't you go with a traditional grip? How did that effect the putter

usu4ysum.jpg

Follow that up with a 30' bogey save after a penalty.

Actually the larger grip has allowed me to get away from the finger down the shaft. Every other grip it just feels uncomfortable.

usu4ysum.jpg

Follow that up with a 30' bogey save after a penalty.

Actually the larger grip has allowed me to get away from the finger down the shaft. Every other grip it just feels uncomfortable.

That's the putter I went with

With a week to go, I've narrowed down my choices for the MC. I will definitely be playing Bridgestone clubs... Seriously though, after hitting the 10.5* J40, I'd be surprised if a fitting revealed that it wasn't the way to go. Rounding out the bag, I'm looking at 4w, 3h, 4h, 5-pw DPC, 50*, 54*, and 58*. For the putter, I'm going true balance TD-03, and I'm leaning towards the larger grip. Shafts in everything but the putter will depend on the fitting, but at least I've figured out what heads I'll be playing.

Glad it's coming together Ryan! Sounds like a solid bag and the gaps should be covered based on what you have written before. It will be interesting to see where the shafts end up.

Congrats man!

My bag is almost complete. Just puttter needs deciding.

445 10.5 with ahina
3+ ahina
5w ahina
Dpc 4-pw 2 degrees flat
Satin chrome wedges 52 bent to 50, 54 and 58
Kbs tour for all irons and wedges.

Oh yeah I need to decide on ferrules and grip colors...
#bridgestonestafferproblems

My bag is almost complete. Just puttter needs deciding.

445 10.5 with ahina
3+ ahina
5w ahina
Dpc 4-pw 2 degrees flat
Satin chrome wedges 52 bent to 50, 54 and 58
Kbs tour for all irons and wedges.

Oh yeah I need to decide on ferrules and grip colors...
#bridgestonestafferproblems

Nice bag setup KC! What were your final numbers on the driver setup? I have that same shaft in stiff in my driver and all my hybrids. Really love that shaft.

Kang that was my setup when I had the DPC in the bag. Very nice choices!

Nice bag setup KC! What were your final numbers on the driver setup? I have that same shaft in stiff in my driver and all my hybrids. Really love that shaft.

From today at a hitting bay
aqy2u6uh.jpg

Hit a couple bombs as well today when I played 9

Really glad for those choices Kang. DPCs... the KBS Tours... I think you're making a great decision with all.

Im hitting the cbs quite well right now but ill take more forgiveness!

Kang that was my setup when I had the DPC in the bag. Very nice choices!

Well I got to be making good choice if im following Pandas footsteps!

Im hitting the cbs quite well right now but ill take more forgiveness!

I'm with you on that. About 99% sure I'll be going full DPCs. Going to take a late change of heart to add P/9/8 in the CBs.

I said I wasn't going to shaft waffle, and less than a week to go, I'm waffling like a mad man hahaha! Oh boy.

Back