Cleveland 588 Altitude Hybrid Irons Preview

Aaa agh. Was at the range and after a pretty normal swing my PW Head snapped off. Purchased these through golfsmith so I'm hoping I can get a replacement pretty easily.

duqagy5u.jpg

Too much power there buddy :beat-up:

I ordered a DW separate to my full set it. It came in yesterday and I took it to the range today and played a few holes with it. WOW I was impressed how easy this thing is to hit. Totally blew me away. I hope the rest of the set hits this well! :golf2:

Lame Bret!! Guess that happens sometimes when you swing as hard as you do... :alien: Hope Golfsmith gets you sorted right quick!

Aaa agh. Was at the range and after a pretty normal swing my PW Head snapped off. Purchased these through golfsmith so I'm hoping I can get a replacement pretty easily.

duqagy5u.jpg
Have you had the loft or lie adjusted on them.

[QU OTE=Aussie Dave;3011144]Have you had the loft or lie adjusted on them.[/QUOTE]
Nope. All standard. Admittedly the PW has gotten a lot of range time

[QU OTE=Aussie Dave;3011144]Have you had the loft or lie adjusted on them.
Nope. All standard. Admittedly the PW has gotten a lot of range time[/QUOTE]

I see your a single digit handicaper how do you find the higher lofted Altitudes as for feel around the greens and being able to play 1/2 and 3/4 shots with them.

I see your a single digit handicaper how do you find the higher lofted Altitudes as for feel around the greens and being able to play 1/2 and 3/4 shots with them.

Honestly, I don't hit a lot of shots < 100 yards with the Altitudes. I have 3 Scor Wedges of 51, 55 and 59 degrees that I use for almost all partial swings and full swings inside 120 yards. For bump and run style chip shots around the green where I want more roll I've used the PW to good effect. And on occasion I have hit 3/4 type knock down shots into the wind with the short irons and it works just fine.

duqagy5u.jpg

That stinks man! I hope you get a replacement soon.

Honestly, I don't hit a lot of shots < 100 yards with the Altitudes. I have 3 Scor Wedges of 51, 55 and 59 degrees that I use for almost all partial swings and full swings inside 120 yards. For bump and run style chip shots around the green where I want more roll I've used the PW to good effect. And on occasion I have hit 3/4 type knock down shots into the wind with the short irons and it works just fine.

Thanks for the info I am trying to decide if I want to replace my 8-AW X Hots with the Altitudes I love the 5,6&7 Altitudes just not sure how they will compare.

Thanks for the info I am trying to decide if I want to replace my 8-AW X Hots with the Altitudes I love the 5,6&7 Altitudes just not sure how they will compare.

The X Hots are good clubs, but if you love the 7 altitude, I'm pretty sure you're going to love the short irons too. The PW is probably my favorite altitude iron. BTW it seems I can bring it into any golfsmith and get a replacement. Going to miss it at the "love is in the air" event though.

The X Hots are good clubs, but if you love the 7 altitude, I'm pretty sure you're going to love the short irons too. The PW is probably my favorite altitude iron. BTW it seems I can bring it into any golfsmith and get a replacement. Going to miss it at the "love is in the air" event though.

The PW is my favorite of the Altitude set as well. It climbs quickly and just seems to hang in the air forever. It's a beautiful thing.

The PW is my favorite of the Altitude set as well. It climbs quickly and just seems to hang in the air forever. It's a beautiful thing.

I have pulled the trigger and ordered the 8-D Altitudes

I have a feeling you are going to like them. Enjoy man!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I have a feeling you are going to like them. Enjoy man!

From what everyone is saying I think I will, it sounds like the 9-D irons are fairly compact probably as wide on the sole as the MT's that was the only thing I was worried about.

From what everyone is saying I think I will, it sounds like the 9-D irons are fairly compact probably as wide on the sole as the MT's that was the only thing I was worried about.

I don't know the actual dimensions offhand, but the 9-D seem to be more compact than my last set.

I am more accurate with the longer irons so I can see no reason why I won't be more accurate with the shorter irons.

Cleveland 588 Altitude Hybrid Irons Preview

I just played 9 holes this afternoon I hit every green I used the 5,6&7 Alt's on. On a 130M par 3 elevated green hit the 7 iron one bounce into the flag stick so close to a hole in one :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hoping my Tudes give me some love at royal st George's on Friday.

I've been working on low punch shots with my long irons.

Half swing 4 iron with the ball back in my stance has been a nice 160 shot for me the last few rounds.

I have a feeling I will need it a lot on the links!

I just played 9 holes this afternoon I hit every green I used the 5,6&7 Alt's on. On a 130M par 3 elevated green hit the 7 iron one bounce into the flag stick so close to a hole in one :)

Awesome dude! Too bad that didn't go in.

Great purchase, the DW is easily my favorite in this set. Just works amazingly well for me from 95-110.

Congrats AD!

Great purchase, the DW is easily my favorite in this set. Just works amazingly well for me from 95-110.

I got the DW earlier than the rest of my set and man have I enjoyed hitting that thing! It's best gap type wedge I have ever used. Seriously!

Congrats AD!

I got the DW earlier than the rest of my set and man have I enjoyed hitting that thing! It's best gap type wedge I have ever used. Seriously!

Just wait until you get the rest. They make a fun game that much more enjoyable.

Just wait until you get the rest. They make a fun game that much more enjoyable.

I'll be getting them tomorrow so yea, they'll get a good workout Friday - Sunday :thumb:

They're here! Trying to find a reason to get out of the office and hit the range on the way home!

Awesome dude! Too bad that didn't go in.

Funny thing is the confidence has transferred to my X Hot short irons I'm hitting them better than I ever had. Can't wait for the Altitude short irons to get here

My exclusive Callaway bag has been taken over by Cleveland ( Cleveland clubs 9 - Callaway clubs 4)

Back