How many play a driver shorter than 45"?

Playing 45 currently, but when I got fitted, was recommend 44.5, so next one will be 1/2 short

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Pretty much play whatever length the driver comes. Usually 45.5 or 45. I tried a 46 once, talk about frustrating. 45.5 or 45 seem to work well.

I've got a standard length stock shaft in my Razr Fit, but I choke down about an inch and a half or so. It definitely feels like I have a bit more control of it, vs. gripping it right at the butt end.

I am currently at 44.5 with my Cleveland 588 Custom Driver which was 45.5 when I got it. When I went to Club champion they reccomended me at a 44/44.5 length shaft. Had a 46 but was told someone 6'6 and taller should be playing with a shaft that long.

45" right now and it's working much better than when it was 46". I wouldn't go any lower unless I get fitted and they recommend it.

I'm also a fan of going shorter than 45".

Bio Cell + is stock at 45.25" and I will be ordering it at 44.75". Don't want to go 44.5" because I naturally choke down a little bit.

Had. 41" driver a while back . ( shaft snapped) . Weird thing , I hit it just as far as I do now

44.5 for me.

Recently had a new shaft ordered (same as the previous one I was using but different color) and it came at 45" when I ordered 44.5". I know it's only 1/2 an inch but my driving has gone in the toilet ever since. I'm definitely going to have it shortened if my wife ever goes back to work [side rant...maternity leave].

43.75" for me and I made up the weight difference with hot melt.

I chop my down to 44.25, last year I played with a 43.5 and I really liked that. Any longer than 44.5 and I feel I can't get the club head around. Might be mental, but it feels physical.

44.5" and I hit it much better than stock length, further too.
I did add lead tape to bring swing weight back up. It's actually about 1 sw heavier than stock.

I took an inch and a half off the end of my Wilson driver to make it 44.5". Much easier control but it stiffens the shaft quite a bit so do it with a regular flex shaft if you plan on trimming the butt end. Peace

Everything I've tried has been 45" or longer. When I cut my 46" driver down to 45" I found more fairways. So I'm not opposed to trying something in the 44" range.

I play mine at 44.5"

I play mine at 44.5" as well. Just have better control and in the end better distance.

Yes, definitely. 44.75" for me - it's the longest I feel really comfortable with. I'd probably play shorter and be fine with that too, as long as the swing weight translated. Anything less than the D2-D5 range and I feel like I'm swinging a feather.

I play mine at 44.5" at a swingweight of D2. Love it! I'll likely never go longer as I find the sweet spot much more often now. And I'm only 5'6" so a 46" shaft feels unwieldy to me

sent from The Note 3

I think its 45.5" but I grip in the middle normally and choke down all the time. Especially early in a round and when I have to hit one in play.

Switched to a 44.75" from 45.25" and noticed better dispersion and fewer toe misses. Not sure if its the length though - causation isn't the same as correlation.

I'm currently playing at 44.5, but have really had good luck with 45 as well. When they get up to 45.5 or higher, then I start struggling.

I've never added weight to swing weight it. I just don't notice that much difference. If you're playing a driver at 46 inches and choke up, then it's already playing at a swing weight different than what is spec'd by the OEM.

I build mine to 44 7/8 plus grip and always to a head weight of 204 grams. For me swing weight is irrelevant. I'm only concerned about swing weight for irons

44.5" for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I play mine at 45" but my irons are an inch over

I have played my last 2 drivers at 44. I usually tip trim my shaft 1" and then butt trim to length. Always either have to add lead tape, heavier weights, or my favorite is adding hotmelt. Helps with sound too. Will be doing it to my Mizzy driver when it gets in as soon as I pull the stock shaft.

Back