Titleist 714 AP1 Review Thread

Hope they come soon JOEE. Not sure about timeframes, but hopefully somebody will know.

Ordered my set on the 21st of April, should be getting them sometime this week! Wish I would have had them for the tournament I just played... What's the average wait time on here for a custom order?

I placed my order on April 6th and they were delivered on April 16th. Approx 10 days. The initial estimate was an April 24th delivery, so hopefully they will come sooner than you think!

edit: Order was placed through tgw.com by the way. Only deviation from Standard was a 1 degree upright bend.

Last edited:
Ordered my set on the 21st of April, should be getting them sometime this week! Wish I would have had them for the tournament I just played... What's the average wait time on here for a custom order?

Generally looking at 8-14 business days depending on the specs, shafts, grips, etc.

Hawk - you'll love the 52. It's become my favorite go to club.

It just seems to make sense. I bet I could use it in the bunker for the odd long shot too since I've been successful there with the 48. $100 is the price right now.

how are those wedges (48&52) gaping for you with whatever wedges you are playing

how are those wedges (48&52) gaping for you with whatever wedges you are playing

Fine for me, but I don't really do full swings with my aftermarket wedges.

OK Hawk,

With as well as I hit the 44° AP1 PW yesterday, I'm now in full ponder for the 48° W1 and possibly the 52° W2 with the same i95 shafts that are in my irons. I didn't think that I would like the set PW, but that club worked so great in a variety of situations yesterday. I'm going to pull the 4w from the bag since I've used it twice in the last 3 rounds and make my set up:

44° AP1 PW
48° AP1 W1
52° AP1 W2
56.10M SM5
60.11K SM5

Adam,

Get them. They're great wedges. You won't regret it. I went 5-pw,w1,w2, 58*sm5 8* bounce. This set up is great for me. I'll try to post some pictures of the clubs as soon as I can.

Adam,

Get them. They're great wedges. You won't regret it. I went 5-pw,w1,w2, 58*sm5 8* bounce. This set up is great for me. I'll try to post some pictures of the clubs as soon as I can.

Thanks. I'll most likely swing by the shop to order them tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll have them in time for Indy.

They told me that my shafts were out of stock and it might be up to a month for delivery, but they turned up within about two weeks. My guess is yours will be arriving soon, then you'll shortly forget about the wait. I hope you love your AP1s as much as I love mine.

OK Hawk,

With as well as I hit the 44° AP1 PW yesterday, I'm now in full ponder for the 48° W1 and possibly the 52° W2 with the same i95 shafts that are in my irons. I didn't think that I would like the set PW, but that club worked so great in a variety of situations yesterday. I'm going to pull the 4w from the bag since I've used it twice in the last 3 rounds and make my set up:

44° AP1 PW
48° AP1 W1
52° AP1 W2
56.10M SM5
60.11K SM5

I see pretty much zero benefit in not going that route if that helps. You have a slightly more forgiving sole, tons more forgiveness across the face, and you don't really lose a ton of versatility since they are lower lofted wedges.

I see pretty much zero benefit in not going that route if that helps. You have a slightly more forgiving sole, tons more forgiveness across the face, and you don't really lose a ton of versatility since they are lower lofted wedges.

Exactly what I was thinking too. I use my 48° wedge for mostly full shots from 90-100 yards and that is about it. The 54° and 60° are more for the finesse shots much closer to the green. It is very rare that I will take a full swing with the 54° unless I'm in a bunker well off the green.

The clubs came in! Picked them up from Golf Town last night. Had plans last night so I couldn't take them out, and this morning it's raining pretty hard... Looks like the plastic will be staying on these for a few days. Absolutely gorgeous though! I just feel so confident standing over these things, pumped to get out there and shoot a low score.

Very cool JOEE.

Sticking with these this year has been a good decision for me. Yesterday I saw some great things in terms of height, distance, and accuracy. Really need to work on dialing in my partial swings/knockdowns though. I'm about a club longer than last year there and it's resulting in some long putts.

Very cool JOEE.

Sticking with these this year has been a good decision for me. Yesterday I saw some great things in terms of height, distance, and accuracy. Really need to work on dialing in my partial swings/knockdowns though. I'm about a club longer than last year there and it's resulting in some long putts.
That's what I'm worried about with the lofts of these clubs... The 4 iron looks nice in my room though sitting up against the wall haha.

That's what I'm worried about with the lofts of these clubs... The 4 iron looks nice in my room though sitting up against the wall haha.

A trip or two to the range should sort that out. My issue isn't really related to the clubs. Gapping with the other wedges remains consistent, but I'm just hitting them all a little farther.

Now the big annoying question comes out... Should I get head covers for these? They look too nice to chatter up. I don't find them inconvenient, takes 2 seconds to take it off and 2 to put it back on. Is it worth it to keep the clubs immaculate?

I don't see anything wrong with it. The finish will definitely take a little wear, especially if you're carrying your bag. I don't realy mind it, but if you think it will give them some hats.

I haven't noticed dings so much as just a light scuffing on the brushed finish.

I like the scuffing though. It shows that the clubs are getting some love out on the course and not sitting in the basement.

I like the scuffing though. It shows that the clubs are getting some love out on the course and not sitting in the basement.

Yea, it's not been a bother after the initial "my brand new clubs got dirty" feeling.

I never used iron headcovers prior to purchasing these irons. Bought some cheap neoprene covers at Dick's to test if I could tolerate them. So far so good and may upgrade to a nicer set of covers later this year. I don't really like the look of the covers on the irons in the bag but if it keeps my clubs looking good....

I have not walked a round in over 4 years and my previous irons showed how bad a cart is for my irons.

I agree, I'm not a fan of the look in the bag, but I want them to stay as mint as possible. I'm conflicted... I wish Titleist made a cover but I can understand their marketing purposes for NOT wanting people to use them lol.

Now the big annoying question comes out... Should I get head covers for these? They look too nice to chatter up. I don't find them inconvenient, takes 2 seconds to take it off and 2 to put it back on. Is it worth it to keep the clubs immaculate?

Buy a Bennington Quiet Organizer Cart Bag. It has separate rubber grooves which hold each iron. No chatter; no wear; no noise. I have used one with forged irons for years. The club heads still look great.

Buy a Bennington Quiet Organizer Cart Bag. It has separate rubber grooves which hold each iron. No chatter; no wear; no noise. I have used one with forged irons for years. The club heads still look great.
If I didn't already spend a good chunk of money on a staff bag I would have definitely considered one of these... Sick bag.

Back