TaylorMade SLDR Irons Preview

You think they will be challenging? I say they play with tons of forgiveness and tons of length.

More challenging then the SpeedBlades, yes.

THis is what I am hoping for. Speedblades offered so much forgiveness across the face, combined with solid launch and distance. If the SLDR take that on, and add a bit more, I am all in.

The stock offering for shafts has me intrigued as to what they are looking to accomplish with this, and it screams "launch."
I'm guessing of course but these look fun to play. Scoring iron seem to get a wee bit bigger, backs look string and forgiving. Shot makers with forgiveness like the R11s and DNA from the CBs. I'd be disappointed if they didn't perform like that.

I'm guessing of course but these look fun to play. Scoring iron seem to get a wee bit bigger, backs look string and forgiving. Shot makers with forgiveness like the R11s and DNA from the CBs. I'd be disappointed if they didn't perform like that.

The design of the long irons is what has me curious. They look quite small.

The design of the long irons is what has me curious. They look quite small.

I really look forward to a post with photo's showing these side by side with CB's and SB's, showing head sizes and relative offsets. That will go a long way towards telling me how they'll fit into the performance spectrum.

Very interesting. Can't wait to test these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like where TM is going with these ie distance iron with player's look. Not a fan of the slot however - it seems the slot now goes thru the top ("thruslot") Would like to see a "thruthetoponlyslot" (ie not thru the bottom) even if it means a slightly "colder" face.

These are some clean looking irons. TaylorMade has a nack for producing products that are nice to look at!

R11-ish. Sharp looking with the minimalistic design.

Exactly what I thought when I saw the pics above. They are pretty slick looking.

My R11s are so good to me that i feel guilty looking at these BUT.. This has me thinking...

u5aqeru5.jpg

One more

uzaheva5.jpg

Taylormade is not my cup of tea but these look very nice. Personally while I didn't get along with the KBS 90's in the R11 irons I thought the iron looked great - right in between player and GI iron. Will certainly give these a hit but doubt I could pull the trigger....info is solid though - thanks to the guys who took the time to post it and the charts!

Porky,
Im not sure if these are from THP or not, but all of these pictures were in our live coverage of the event by GolferGal and Ddec.

Porky,
Im not sure if these are from THP or not, but all of these pictures were in our live coverage of the event by GolferGal and Ddec.

I would guess they are not from myself or GG. Seems like there are heads in the picture and we had front row seats.

Needless to say I am stoked to hit these this weekend!

Needless to say I am stoked to hit these this weekend!

I think you will like them. They look good, and sound/feel good. Touch more offset compared to the CB according to the numbers. They really gave me a good ball flight.

I think you will like them. They look good, and sound/feel good. Touch more offset compared to the CB according to the numbers. They really gave me a good ball flight.

I don't mind offset. I am trying to be less of an internet golfer and more of a realist.

I don't mind offset. I am trying to be less of an internet golfer and more of a realist.

offset doesn't bother me one bit. I'm looking forward to your thoughts.

If these are like the R11 with a larger sweet spot plus the new c-taper 90s, then I must try as my R11s w/KBS 90s have been great for my game. I also have tried the new c-taper 90 lites in the adams xtd with great results and nice ball flight. Now I just have to wait and be patient & hope nothing else pops up to steer me in a different direction.

Wait i though all internet golfers wanted Zero Offset

My buddy who is a Long Drive Champ and playes in some mini tour events has been hitting these for a few weeks and loves them

The SLDR irons look great, but how long until the SLDR2 comes out?

I dont think you are going to be seeing that for quite some time.

It will come when it comes i would not be concerend about it since the first set of irons is not even out

The comments on TM release cycles are a few pages back. Your late to the party.

Porky,

Got the pics from the mygolfspy twitter account :)

While I am sure they appreciate that, you might want to check the THP community as well.
Live from the event.
And without question pictures with less heads in them.

Been up since yesterday. Tons of great conversation and was brought live as it happened including every question asked from the panel.

Back