2014 NFL Draft Contest

What surprises me is how RB's have been devalued so quickly. With all the mediocre backfields surely Hyde, Mason or Sankey are better fits than what some teams currently have.

There are lots of guys who could help but the league is so pass happy at the moment they are not putting much value in a back

What surprises me is how RB's have been devalued so quickly. With all the mediocre backfields surely Hyde, Mason or Sankey are better fits than what some teams currently have.

yeah just nto a good RB year, probably some 2nd rounders in there

Sankey and Carey are the two best 3-down backs in the draft. Both can catch and they are two of the best pass blocking RBs in the entire class

I agree with it being a QB/passing league now, but a good/great RB is always needed to keep the defenses honest. I look at teams like AR, SD, MIA, Indy, NYG, NYJ, and see that a RB can help them. I haven't studied that much and maybe these guys are 2nd & 3rd round picks, but the lack of attention is crazy to me.
There are lots of guys who could help but the league is so pass happy at the moment they are not putting much value in a back

Sankey and Carey are the two best 3-down backs in the draft. Both can catch and they are two of the best pass blocking RBs in the entire class

Ehhh. Very debatable and depends on who you ask.

Entry sent! Excited to see how this shakes out.

Ehhh. Very debatable and depends on who you ask.

so how did your resarch on the QB's go ? who do you like out of bortles, bridgewater, manzeil

Its funny. Every year for as long as I can remember I have studied this stuff for months. I mean down to watching stuff, reading stuff, talking to people. Now, its more of a passing thing for me. I still get reports from old friends. I still get info from some people if I reach out to them, but THP has consumed my time. I wouldnt change that, but on a day like this, where for several years my entire year revolved around these next few days I still get a bit antsy.

I love the fans response. I love their outcry. I love the passion. I love how wrong they are most of the time. I would not change a darn thing. Other than to rid the world of mock drafts from people that have no idea what they are talking about (no, Im not talking about guys like Mayock or McShay, etc). Some of these websites "reports" about who is liking who are conjured up as much as putter manufacturers heading to other companies. Just sh!t on the wall. Thats not reporting, but it is what it is.

I still love the draft and tonight will be fun.

I watched this today and it echoes JB's last comment.

Just asked Chris Burke from SI about his mock draft on twitter, he had The Bolts picking Marqise Lee from USC instead of a DB/OT... Didn't have a factual answer but if Lee can play and he's right that give P Rivs some nasty weapons in the AFC West.

Contest picks submitted.

And for the tiebreaker I moved guys from what my projection was.

Weird I know.

Manziel going 4th in contest but 16th for tiebreaker. :)

picks sent! i wore my texans polo today at work. gonna turn it around this year baby!

Today starts the day of JB becoming a Browns fan.....hopefully

Today starts the day of JB becoming a Browns fan.....hopefully

As long as Johnny Mouthful does not end up there I am joining Michael Vicks favorite fans...the dawg pound.

As long as Johnny Mouthful does not end up there I am joining Michael Vicks favorite fans...the dawg pound.

even if they take him at 26?

Browns should definitely take Johnny Football at 26. They've done great stuff with other QBs they've taken in the 20's

Signed,

Brady Quinn
Brandon Weeden

even if they take him at 26?

Yup. Even then. Won't root for scum bags if I still have a choice. Once I'm entrenched its harder but still new I can walk.

By the way this thread is hysterical. There is so much "they are taking them" out there. Its funny. Love passion.

Browns should definitely take Johnny Football at 26. They've done great stuff with other QBs they've taken in the 20's

Signed,

Brady Quinn
Brandon Weeden

Doesnt matter when they take a QB, he ends up stinking

Signed
Tim Couch #1 Overall

Yup. Even then. Won't root for scum bags if I still have a choice. Once I'm entrenched its harder but still new I can walk.

By the way this thread is hysterical. There is so much "they are taking them" out there. Its funny. Love passion.

Heres what Id love to see happen

Watkins #4
Then Browns trade up to 11ish and grab Borttles

Heres what Id love to see happen

Watkins #4
Then Browns trade up to 11ish and grab Borttles

That works. How you are not here at the event yet to watch with me is baffling

So here's the big question, do you watch ESPN or NFLN for coverage? I prefer NFLN, but sneak over to ESPN secretly hoping I catch Kyper & McShay fighting

Back