2014 NFL Draft Contest

That works. How you are not here at the event yet to watch with me is baffling

Dude had I known the draft was that day I would have made it happen

I'll just blame my wife like Coers does

So here's the big question, do you watch ESPN or NFLN for coverage? I prefer NFLN, but sneak over to ESPN secretly hoping I catch Kyper & McShay fighting

Was an NFL Network guy, but switched back to ESPN last year, especially for the later rounds. ESPN actually showed more highlight clips of mid and late round picks than NFL Network.

For the record, I'm not a NFL draft guru. That being said, I usually watch the 1st round because of my THP contest and to see how the Cowboys mess it up this year. But in all the mock draft research I've done (about 20 minutes total) this is the one year that everyone is all over the board. There are some guys going in the top 5 and then in someone else's 10-15. One guy that is in the top 6 for one respected guy picks and then number 24 in another respected guy's picks. It seems like it has been awhile that so much unknown is out there with only hours to go before the draft starts. This potentially could lead to trades and some crazy picks occurring tonight.

Yep, that just about sums it up!

Let's see, I don't really care about the first 14 picks in the draft but I will give you my 15th pick. With the 15th pick the Pittsburgh Steelers choose (if available):
15 - CB Darqueze Dennard
15a - CB Kyle Fuller
15c - TE Eric Ebron
15d - ILB C.J. Mosley

For the record, I'm not a NFL draft guru. That being said, I usually watch the 1st round because of my THP contest and to see how the Cowboys mess it up this year. But in all the mock draft research I've done (about 20 minutes total) this is the one year that everyone is all over the board. There are some guys going in the top 5 and then in someone else's 10-15. One guy that is in the top 6 for one respected guy picks and then number 24 in another respected guy's picks. It seems like it has been awhile that so much unknown is out there with only hours to go before the draft starts. This potentially could lead to trades and some crazy picks occurring tonight.

Sure is this year. Its because every top prospect has a question mark by them.

earliest arrival is midnight from Cleveland, 10:30 from CAK

dang it

Weak sauce deano. Partyplanner441 would already be heading towards the airport

Sure is this year. Its because every top prospect has a question mark by them.

Weak sauce deano. Partyplanner441 would already be heading towards the airport

lets be honest 11 days in May for us is probably enough

My research (19 minutes) tells me that so many needs across the board for multiple teams could lead to trade chaos. Some solid talent that could put a fringe team into the playoffs or even better a SB contender & that will probably force a team to reach. I just hope Houston can take advantage and get picks bc we need players badly. .

JB, just be a Lions fan.

We have Megatron, and we all know you likes you some Megatron!

Browns should definitely take Johnny Football at 26. They've done great stuff with other QBs they've taken in the 20's

Signed,

Brady Quinn
Brandon Weeden
LOL! If I wasn't a Steelers fan I would probably feel bad for you Browns fans but ... somebody's gotta be the whipping boy

Definitely think it is going to be entertaining this year to say the least. Lots of teams "up in the air" with their picks so far. Should be fun.

ok did a coach really just say this about BRYAN HOYER?

“There will be competition, but I think it will be very difficult, based on my evaluation of this year’s draft class, it will be very difficult for anyone in this draft class to come in and beat [Hoyer] out. I really believe that,” Pettine said, via Lindsay Jones of USA Today. “

My favorite tweet in regards to draft (local niners beat writer)

“There will be competition, but I think it will be very difficult, based on my evaluation of this year’s draft class, it will be very difficult for anyone in this draft class to come in and beat [Hoyer] out. I really believe that,” Pettine said, via Lindsay Jones of USA Today. “

That just means the rookie sits and learns :)

I agree with them actually. Everybody knows they want Bridgewater. But on their terms. It will really come down to Jax. They have 3 players highlighted. Houston won't trade the pick I don't believe

I agree with them actually. Everybody knows they want Bridgewater. But on their terms. It will really come down to Jax. They have 3 players highlighted. Houston won't trade the pick I don't believe

Yeah Im thinking like 26th, even assuming Borttles and Johnny are gone, there are still options that in a year or 2 could be WAY better than Hoyer (hopefully)

Yeah Im thinking like 26th, even assuming Borttles and Johnny are gone, there are still options that in a year or 2 could be WAY better than Hoyer (hopefully)

Just keep in the back of your mind...Kirk Cousins.
Not sure it will happen, but calls have been made from both sides over the last 48 hours.

Im ok with that as long as it doesnt involve #4

I also dont mind this scenario either which has Manziel not getting picked

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/mock-drafts/charley-casserly/205652?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cb

I dont think that will happen, but I do think the 1st 3 go that way.
For Houston (as of now), its down to Clowney or Mack. Most want Clowney, a few internally want Mack. Jax wants Mack in a bad way. There is history there. That leaves Cleveland with full options. Im not a big fan of the WR in the 1st round, but lots love Watkins.

I have been reading too much on this draft. I am starting to get nervous that if Manziel is available the Cowboys would take him...

With Jerry Jones' track record I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

I dont think that will happen, but I do think the 1st 3 go that way.
For Houston (as of now), its down to Clowney or Mack. Most want Clowney, a few internally want Mack. Jax wants Mack in a bad way. There is history there. That leaves Cleveland with full options. Im not a big fan of the WR in the 1st round, but lots love Watkins.

So if ur Farmer, who ya taking assuming the first 3 go that way?

I have been reading too much on this draft. I am starting to get nervous that if Manziel is available the Cowboys would take him...

With Jerry Jones' track record I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.
That would be AWESOME (from a non-Cowboy fan perspective that is). I'd be nervous too, Jones is liable to do something just that stupid.

JB, I know you haven't been as up to date on this draft as in others but is there a player or 2 that you are watching for where they might go and why? Any side stories to look for tonight?

JB, I know you haven't been as up to date on this draft as in others but is there a player or 2 that you are watching for where they might go and why? Any side stories to look for tonight?

Bortles and Bridgewater are the two big names that people are watching.
I think Bortles is raw but has the ability. Bridgewater has question marks, but analytics say he will do well.
Drafting position players too early is a story for me (RB, WR)
And the big question, will we see more than 8 trades in the 1st round.

Back