Yup, my daughter just got them in a couple months ago. The process was definitely worse for us than her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worse start to the day than when you are sitting playing with your kid and the song by Darius Rucker "It won't be like this for long" comes on. Instant dust storm. Damn that man!

I play this song every night when I out my daughter to bed. I started when she was about 6 months and it's turned into a bedtime routine for the last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need some good mojo.

Our son has been struggling since a med change. It has been very sad to see, very hard on him and really stressing me out. I'm taking a vacation day today to get him to the doctor and hopefully get this right.

Bummer Frank. Hope it works out dude.

I need some good mojo.

Our son has been struggling since a med change. It has been very sad to see, very hard on him and really stressing me out. I'm taking a vacation day today to get him to the doctor and hopefully get this right.

Sorry to hear that T4K. Hope you get it straightened out soon.

I need some good mojo.

Sorry to hear this Frank. My little girl is struggling big time and its soooo frustrating to not get answers. Hope everything is resolved quickly.

I need some good mojo.

Sucks to hear things like this. Hopefully you guys can get some better news today and the little guy can get to a better spot.

Has anyone had experience with their kids having to get tubes in their ears? My little girl has been having issues lately and the ENT finally said it's time for tubes. He said it's painless and very easy to do but I'm a father with a little girl, so I worry.

My 16 year old son had tubes at 18 months and it was painless - only about a 10 minute surgery and he has had only one ear infection since. Good luck.

I need some good mojo.

Changing medications in kids is always a bummer, too many side effects. Hope you guys can work it out and get through it.

Has anyone had experience with their kids having to get tubes in their ears? My little girl has been having issues lately and the ENT finally said it's time for tubes. He said it's painless and very easy to do but I'm a father with a little girl, so I worry.

Jordan, just saw this. As Hawk said, the procedure isn't very long at all. The process of your child going under anesthesia and coming off of anesthesia actually takes longer than the procedure itself. Pretty much all kids that have the procedure have it on an outpatient basis: show up in the morning, go home later that day. PM me if you have more questions.

Had both our girls come through it fine. Procedure took 20 min max and prepping them took longer.

Coming out of the anesthesia is tricky. The oldest threw up & the youngest didn't cry or fuss.

All in all pretty simple & is a huge help if ear infections have been a pain.

I need some good mojo.

Certain meds can do funky things that are tough to watch your kids go through. Hoping for the best man.

Just hanging out with the little guy
negyqumy.jpg

We had one that needed it. Got them before his first birthday. Up to then he had 6 ear infections. In the two years since he's had 2. It was an immediate night and day difference once he got his in. He went from miserable to the happiest little kid in no time. No issues with getting them in, a quick procedure. And they will fall out in 12-18 months as the ears grow.

My son is 2 and a half years old. A couple months ago, a classic Dr. Dre and Eminem song came on the CD player when I picked him up from daycare. He asks me "whose this?" I told him, Dr. Dre. He repeated Dr. Dre, it was cute.

Fast forward to a week ago. Same song comes on CD player when picking him up from daycare, he says "Dr. Dre." All cute and in a little boys voice and dialect.

This morning, when taking my son to daycare, he requests Dr. Dre and Eminem. I'm astonished at his music recognition abilities, but feeling a bit down on my parenting skills. Going to have to switch him off Dr. Dre to something that maybe has less swearing in it.

~Rock

Really, the worst part is probably that you will have to use ear plugs for every bath and trip to the pool until the tube come out.

I asked the doctor about that and he said it wouldn't be necessary to use ear plugs. Did you run into a problem and ended up having to use them? Like was your kid complaining about his ears in the water or something of that nature?

I asked the doctor about that and he said it wouldn't be necessary to use ear plugs. Did you run into a problem and ended up having to use them? Like was your kid complaining about his ears in the water or something of that nature?

From what I've heard, the recommendation to wear them varies on the Dr. Ours recommended it, so we did it from day 1.

I think the ear plugs depends. We were told to minimize water in the ear the first month or so to let the ear heal. Since our girls were young (18 months) it was more of a concern during bath time. I can see with older kids & being more active where they might be needed.

We never did have to use earplugs with Ryan. I guess we got lucky. Though I was very careful about limiting his exposure to water in the ears for a long time.

My oldest son had a big problem with ear infections in his first couple of years - one every few months. Docs thought it was a good idea to give him septra (or maybe it was amoxicillin) for six months straight as a last resort before tubes. Amazingly - it worked! He never had another ear infection again, and hasn't had a resistance problem using other antibiotics. He turns 21 next month.

My 8 yr old son got drilled by a pitch for the first time tonight. It curved inside on him at the last minute and caught him right on the hip. I was the coach closest to him and I tried to get him to walk it off, but he was hurting. Since it was a scrimmage we gave him the option of staying in the box, but he didn't want anything to do with it. I figured he'd be OK, my wife was a wreck though. His next time up to bat, he took 3 halfhearted swings at balls that were nowhere near him and immediately got out of there, but his third time up he stuck in there and belted a hard grounder. He was out, but moved the runners along. I was very proud of him for sticking it out.

Had our first night here of an unconsolable baby. Just nothing was working, very fussy and really nothing worked. Finally got her to sleep and convinced my wife to try and sleep while I have her downstairs. She has been great during the days, eating, sleeping fine, but the last couple of nights have been tough, she just doesn't seem to want to sleep as long and is much tougher to get to settle down.

Those nights will come and go. I remember with my daughter, there was about a week when she was 2 months old when she just did not want to sleep, all she wanted to do was fuss & cry. Being new parents, after night two we rushed her to the pediatrician, thankfully she was fine. Just fussy. I'd stay up with her until 2am while my wife slept, then finally get her down for a few hours so I could sleep until around 7 and my wife would get up with her around 4. Tough nights, but they are usually over quickly.

Home with this sick little princess today. Still has smiles for dad though.

y7epava7.jpg

evabasun.jpg

Back