Historically, are your blow up holes on par 3, 4 or 5's ??

Historically, are your blow up holes on par 3, 4 or 5's ??

• Par 3

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • Par 4

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • Par 5

Votes: 12 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

inthehole

Holly Sonders Caddie
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 11.5
My frequency of double and triple bogies is far higher on par 3's - always has been. Not sure why, but put a tee box in front of me for a 140-170 yard shot, and I'm fatting it, blading it, God knows what else (it's rarely good) - doesn't happen nearly as much with fairway approach shots of the same distance. Curious where your doubles and triples pop up most often ...

Perhaps you should add a box for all/any the above.
My self implosions can come on any hole from anywhere with any club at any time. No pattern at all. Its all great then all bad.

My worst scores relative to par are almost all par 3's. I miss the green, chip on and three putt and I just doubled. Ugh.

For whatever reason, I am playing Par 3's better these days, but Par 4's are the new destination for my blow-ups. Driver is the club that hasn't come around as much, and once or twice a round, I am teeing it up for the third shot.

Yes. Historically my blowup holes are par 3, 4 and 5's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Par 5's which really really end up damaging the score. Been trying to play them a bit more conservatively unless its a short-ish par 5.

I think sometimes it seems like its worse but really a double is a double. A 5 seems worse on a par3 vs a 6for a p4 or a 7 does on a par5 even though its the same. But I just always felt par 3's should be pared or at worst bogeyed. I think they are round killers if any other score more than that so they just feel more devistting to me when I screw them up poorly.

Well what you describe as blowup holes I'd consider progress, but I think they all blowup about the same.

I can put a large number on ANY hole regardless of par. That being said, up until this year, I shared your struggles with Par 3s. This season so far, I've played them a lot better. I'm not sure if it's confidence, a better swing, or a different approach...? But whatever I'm doing differently on them this year is working.

Most of my double and triple bogeys happen on par 4s.

I would have to say par 4s are generally the site for my blow ups. Just like Dev, it used to be par 5s until I got a bit more conservative with them.

My average score on Par 3 holes is 4.1 this year, which is my worst in relation to par so far. Last year, I was the same on all three, +0.8.

I get more bogeys / doubles on par 3s, but my blowup holes (call it triple and beyond) are almost always par 5s.

Par 3s around here often have more water, bunkers, etc than a typical green on a longer hole. You mess up, you get punished worse more often.
But it takes a par 5 to really have the opportunity to screw up multiple shots and compound your errors into something truly horrendous.
Poor drive, layup from a bad angle into the trees, and you're hearing your playing partners singing "Do you want to build a snowman".

Long par 4's. Ugh. I hate them.

My score has no bias. I can throw up a big number on any of the above.

Thing is with par 3's ... most greens are elevated somewhat (at least where I play). So when I miss left or right - have to play a difficult recovery shot. Assuming I'm then even on the green, this recovery shot undoubtedly results in a long lag putt & one more for bogie if everything goes perfect - which more often than not doesn't happen and I wind up with a 3 putt for double. I'm really beginning to dread par 3's ... I would seriously take a 440 yard wide open par 4 over a 165 yard par 3 - hard to believe but true.

Par 3's. Probably because it's teasing me by being so close, and I get over confident. Plus my iron play isn't that great.

I voted par 4, but can blow up on any hole at any time unfortunately. Long narrow par 4's are the usual place though, followed by tough par 3's.

Difficult par 4's are the hardest holes on the golf course for me.

this year I seem to be making big numbers on par 5's. I was tracking those numbers earlier this year and it was depressing. Last night though I did play the 2 at E par.

Par 4s are the toughie for me, especially longer ones that take a long iron into the green. Long par 3s are also tough.

Par 5's for me. So easy for a long iron off the deck to get way off course for me. It's something I'm working on, but it's pretty slow going.

I chose par 3 for my most likely blow up hole. Since I added my RBZ hybrid to my bag a few years ago, par 5 meltdowns don't come along with the same regularity as they once did.

Generally its a par 4 that I find myself leaking too far right off the tee and waste a shot pitching out and then another missing the green with one extra in a putt. Those days are fewer and further between, but still happens from time to time.

A 3 or 4. On a par 5 I feel like you get an extra shot to make up for a bad one.

Back