Scotty Cameron putters

I'd say an Edge is a fine vehicle and a Scotty is as at home their as anywhere. Get it into service.

I carry a Scotty Newport 2 in the back of my 1999 Saturn SL2 with 158,000 miles on the odometer. I get made fun of a lot because my clubs are worth more than my car, but I haven't had a car payment since 2003 and the money has been put toward what I hope to be an early retirement at a golf course some place that is warm year round.

Can anybody provide any information on my putter above? Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

hi guys, long time reader but this is my first post. I have just bought a scotty off fleebay(uk) and I was wondering if any scotty guru's could give me any more information as to what I have bought! I have bought it with the intention of refurbing/DIY project. Some information on model/year would be great. Here are some pictures:

_127_zpsfd1c2b04.jpg

_121_zps1ec5fc14.jpg
_126_zpsa7fcfba2.jpg
_122_zpse1d581d6.jpg

Here is the description:

"Black scotty cameron Newport two, 35" in length.
Classic putter from the mid to late 90's refinished in all black with original top line face and sole.
Has no dents and is fitted with a stunning UST Mamiya Frequency Filtered .370 Shaft fitted. "

Any information or links to would be great.

many thanks and hello!

Welcome to THP!

I can't say more about the putter than you already posted. It's a Newport 2, most likely made after 96-97.

What kind of info are you looking for?

Welcome to THP!

I can't say more about the putter than you already posted. It's a Newport 2, most likely made after 96-97.

What kind of info are you looking for?

Thanks for the welcome, just wondered if there were any links to any specs of the putter anywhere. This particular one has a custom ust shaft in it and it looks as though the colour has been changed. I would like to know if it is possible to find the original shaft and headcover for these? what grip would it have come with originally? What is a rough value for the putter? Is restoring to a black ox finish something that is possible DIY as a complete newbie? Sending it to the custom shop isnt really an option as I live in the UK.

Many thanks

I just got this little beauty off ebay for a steal. I've always liked the look of a B shape putter. Scotty Circa 62 #7 with Scotty's Custom Shop orange paintfill and darker refinishing.
751168549_o.jpg

I just got this little beauty off ebay for a steal. I've always liked the look of a B shape putter. Scotty Circa 62 #7 with Scotty's Custom Shop orange paintfill and darker refinishing.
751168549_o.jpg

Very nice. I'm also partial to flow necked, B shaped putters. Mine has the standard Sea Mist but I really like that darker finish.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Cameron's are well crafted but from my observation many of their owners, at least at my club, bought them as a high priced status symbol, not because they fit their putting stroke. Their owners are also very likely to replace their irons every couple years and have the latest TM or Callaway driver in their bag. If you followed them out to the parking lot, you would most likely see them getting into a M series BMW, AMG Mercedes, Tesla, etc. Unfortunately most of them drive 5mph under the speed limit and can't break 85!

If you can afford one, go for it, it makes a lot more sense to drop $300 on a putter than a driver since most of us use them at least 30 times each round! Don't buy one without getting fit - having a proper putter fitting is much more important than the brand of putter and most golfers I know have never been through a proper putter fitting.

That being said, one of my MANY putters is a Cameron GoLo Mid that I bought new in the plastic on ebay for $112 shipped. It's hasn't found it's way into my bag yet - I don't know if my Ford Edge is worthy of hauling it around.:act-up:

This post made me chuckle

Cameron's are well crafted but from my observation many of their owners, at least at my club, bought them as a high priced status symbol, not because they fit their putting stroke. Their owners are also very likely to replace their irons every couple years and have the latest TM or Callaway driver in their bag. If you followed them out to the parking lot, you would most likely see them getting into a M series BMW, AMG Mercedes, Tesla, etc. Unfortunately most of them drive 5mph under the speed limit and can't break 85!

If you can afford one, go for it, it makes a lot more sense to drop $300 on a putter than a driver since most of us use them at least 30 times each round! Don't buy one without getting fit - having a proper putter fitting is much more important than the brand of putter and most golfers I know have never been through a proper putter fitting.

That being said, one of my MANY putters is a Cameron GoLo Mid that I bought new in the plastic on ebay for $112 shipped. It's hasn't found it's way into my bag yet - I don't know if my Ford Edge is worthy of hauling it around.:act-up:

I play Ping I20 irons. I bought them last year. I replaced the irons I bought 25 years ago with them. I have a Ping G20 driver. Same as the irons I finally replaced my old driver. Follow me to the parking lot and you'll see me getting into my Ford F-350. I do drive the speed limit or maybe a little over and I can break 85. Maybe you're just hanging out at the wrong courses LOL. I didn't believe the Scotty hype but once I putted with one I was more than willing to shell out $350.00 for a putter.

Might be buying a used Scotty. The seller is unsure what the length is. Does the weight automatically indicate the height? Normally the 35" have 10's in them, the 34" have 15's and the 33" have 20's. This putter he sent me pictures of has 20's. Is it safe to assume the putter is 33"? I'm hoping it is, but I don't know if this is the correct assumption...

Might be buying a used Scotty. The seller is unsure what the length is. Does the weight automatically indicate the height? Normally the 35" have 10's in them, the 34" have 15's and the 33" have 20's. This putter he sent me pictures of has 20's. Is it safe to assume the putter is 33"? I'm hoping it is, but I don't know if this is the correct assumption...

Stock, yes. But the weights could have been changed out. Whichever it is, good luck with the putter! One part of advice, you might want to mention that if it's the wrong length and you need to reshaft it, the custom shop isn't cheap. Could use that as a negotiating tool for price

I think they sold 'heavy' versions with weight variations in them, plus, they could be weights put in after purchase.

Does he not have a measuring tape?

Stock, yes. But the weights could have been changed out. Whichever it is, good luck with the putter! One part of advice, you might want to mention that if it's the wrong length and you need to reshaft it, the custom shop isn't cheap. Could use that as a negotiating tool for price
He said he's never customized anything on it. He's unsure whether it's the 33" or the 34". He's just at work now, it's not that he's incapable of measuring it lol, that'd be really sketchy.

Anyone know if Scotty will be offering the new squareback or fastback in a dual-balance model? The fastback is probably the first model I could see myself gaming, but really like the benefits of a counterbalanced putter.

Love my Scotty, but believe I could putt just as well/bad with a lot of putters on the market.

On a lighter note, should I be concerned that Scotty keeps sending me a club return mailer, with free bowling coupons for "my trouble?"

I will join the elitist group soon, I just traded one of my seemores for my first Scotty, a select newport 2 black edition, lets see if they are as good as people say they are

Anyone know if Scotty will be offering the new squareback or fastback in a dual-balance model? The fastback is probably the first model I could see myself gaming, but really like the benefits of a counterbalanced putter.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...ewport-2-GoLo-7-Models-to-Dual-Balance-Lineup

Not that I'm aware of, but wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility.

I will join the elitist group soon, I just traded one of my seemores for my first Scotty, a select newport 2 black edition, lets see if they are as good as people say they are

Take pics.

I bought my first Cameron this year. Still own 4 SeeMores and started the year with my Fastback in the bag and putted decently with it, but it didn't last long my OneCS is back in the bag. To me the SeeMore just has a softer and much more muted sound to it which I prefer.

I bought my first Cameron this year. Still own 4 SeeMores and started the year with my Fastback in the bag and putted decently with it, but it didn't last long my OneCS is back in the bag. To me the SeeMore just has a softer and much more muted sound to it which I prefer.

the only seemore I have left is a si4, cant really compare since it is the softest insert I have even tried.
It will be interesting to compare it to my never compromise since they are basicalli the same shape

I threw on a 17" SuperStroke Flatso on my Futura X a couple weeks ago and absolutely love it! I've been putting better than ever before with this thing.

sety8yda.jpg

Tappin' from my Samsung Note 3

Are you playing yours at 34 or 35"? I just took a 34" one on a trade and was thinking about trying the same thing.

Picked up my fastback today. Flatso Slim going on tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I bought a 33" Scotty and I think it's a tad too short for me, if I extended the putter, should i also get the different weights for it?

I bought a 33" Scotty and I think it's a tad too short for me, if I extended the putter, should i also get the different weights for it?

Extending it will make the head feel heavier. To me, that's not really a bad thing. Might as well try it and if you don't like it you could look for some lighter weights.

Extending it will make the head feel heavier. To me, that's not really a bad thing. Might as well try it and if you don't like it you could look for some lighter weights.

tried my new Scotty yesterday (thanks Adam) and I need to say I like the feel of it! and I ended up with 31 putts (with 3 3jacks due to terrible user errors (maybe the putter being a bit short).

so I was thinking about extending it a bit, do you think half an inch would make a big difference in weight/feel?

also, that fatso grip wasnt good for me, I'll have to cut it out

Back