This is what I'm rolling into 2014 with.

Looking better to me.

My 2 cents (which is probably more than my comments are worth lol). Still looks like you are going quite a ways past parallel at the top of your swing (It looked like the club almost hit your back). Have you tried shortening your backswing? I know for me it made contact more consistent and improved my distance as well.

jy4urupa.jpg

Do you see any difference? I do but want to know what you see.

avy3yty4.jpg

In the red, it looks like my right arm is in front of my more.

Looking better to me.

My 2 cents (which is probably more than my comments are worth lol). Still looks like you are going quite a ways past parallel at the top of your swing (It looked like the club almost hit your back). Have you tried shortening your backswing? I know for me it made contact more consistent and improved my distance as well.

That backswing is much shorter than it was a month ago! That should blow your mind.

That backswing is much shorter than it was a month ago! That should blow your mind.

Making progress, that's good! That definitely would blow my mind! Did you hit your back? I don't know how much farther you could go!

I saw above that Freddie mentioned shortening it and you didn't reply so I wasn't sure if it was something you've been working on or not.

Making progress, that's good! That definitely would blow my mind! Did you hit your back? I don't know how much farther you could go!

I saw above that Freddie mentioned shortening it and you didn't reply so I wasn't sure if it was something you've been working on or not.

Never hit my back. But I used to get it well passed 45° on the backside.

Way over swing in the red, the yellow is much better.

Really? That makes me happier. The yellow swing felt better. But I never gauge on how right something feels. The yellow is also a more recent swing. So that tells me there's some progress.

Blu, any reason that your rear foot is rotated outward at your setup instead of being perpendicular to the target line?

I <3 Tadashi

Blu, any reason that your rear foot is rotated outward at your setup instead of being perpendicular to the target line?

Yes. I have some tendon issues in my right knee. When my knees are pointed forward, my right foot is at 45°. I can spin my right foot 180°

I can't unsee that. Spoiler tags please!!!!

Poor video quality so I apologize for that. But this is the first real face on video. I can see that the ball is way too forward

I like that in your profession, that video broke you.

I think it drove freddie right out of this thread...That is freaky awesome

Poor video quality so I apologize for that. But this is the first real face on video. I can see that the ball is way too forward

Man, I WISH I could get that lower body action! You definitely start from the ground up. To my untrained eye, it looks a bit like you're still overswinging in the backswing, but it seems like you're getting some good contact.

Man, I WISH I could get that lower body action! You definitely start from the ground up. To my untrained eye, it looks a bit like you're still overswinging in the backswing, but it seems like you're getting some good contact.

I did get a touch long there. But that is better than it has been.

For that lower body action, what I focus is to bump my lower body to the left without turning my shoulders. With that, what I feel like is that My back is to the target and I'm brining my hands from my right shoulder to my left hip. It may be more complex than that, but that's a feeling I have at least.

Have you considered getting the hands in front of the club head?

Have you considered getting the hands in front of the club head?

At address? Or at impact? At impact I try to with irons anyway.

Ball isn't too forward. You can have the ball even with your front toe to encourage a positive (upward) angle of attack with the driver. What you don't want to do is push your hands far forward to get to the ball and then your right shoulder drops down, when I do that I get stuck in the downswing. Not bad to have the driver 2-3 inches behind the ball so that you're hitting up on it with the forward ball position.

At address? Or at impact? At impact I try to with irons anyway.

Both, how do you get your hands in front of the club on the down swing if they aren't there at address?

Both, how do you get your hands in front of the club on the down swing if they aren't there at address?

With my irons my hands are a touch over the ball. With the driver, well you can see

With my irons my hands are a touch over the ball. With the driver, well you can see

How about you move your driver over the ball.

Interesting. Can I ask, what will that accomplish?

The main thing it does is presets a good angle between the hands and the club. If you are getting the club to the top with the shoulders, this angle is important. It also will assist you with you alignment.
You can still swing up on the ball from this position and get that possible launch angle.

Back