TNTCIGARGUY and the Annika Academy

I wish I would have followed this a little more closely earlier today. Thanks for all the coverage Freddie and I am pumped to see what your bag is going to look like for July, Trevor.

Lots of fitting threads going up and I'm loving my the work my fellow Callaway staffers are doing! Congrats TNT!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

First: Thank you to Panda for coming out and documenting this journey for me. To have pictures and video just adds to an amazing experience. May you be rewarded kindly for your efforts!

Second: Thank you to THP, Callaway and Mark Bereza from the Annika Academy. This journey so far has been amazing and yesterday I truly felt like a tour player and was just an amazing experience.

I arrived at the AA early to get warmed up and I was finishing getting warmed up Mark came out and introduced himself. Just a great guy with a ton of knowledge. We started talking about my current game, what my likes and dislikes are about my current equipment. I explained to him I really was going to let the equipment decide.

We start inside. They have amazing camera's and equipment and you are hitting your ball you want to play. We discuss ball and I go with the SR2. When we are done he says I could play either ball, but with team play being involved at the MC I am going with the SR2 as to help my partner and lets be frank its a great ball. You are hitting into a net to keep them separate but the the door opens up outside to give you a better look. The lines on the ball are to allow the cameras to pick up the balls and club head.

Ball: SR2

Irons: We start here. Apex is my starting point Mark explains he is going to just start handing me shafts. We do some measurements and we go +1 and 2* upright to start. I go through at least 12 iron shafts. He is letting me hit rapid fire with them and then the numbers decide what works. Some are obviously good and bad. I do peek at some as curiosity I just cant help. We get down to after hitting pretty much everything they have to offer the Project X and DGS300. After we go back and forth with these 2. He makes a change and then says I want you to hit the x2hot pro. While I loved the topline look the face was just to soft for me. He then suggests the Apex pro's in my scoring irons. We set that up and I am getting amazing numbers with them. He then goes back and sets up the Apex with the S300 and I crush that club set back up that way. Meanwhile Freddie is filming and posting all of this making me feel like a tour pro. Mark says I could go with either the Apex or Apex Pros but at the end of the day I am going to take the forgiveness of the Apex.

Irons: Apex 5-AW with DGS300 shafts. +1 3* upright.

We now move on to driver. We start with the Bertha, after going through a few shafts Mark hands me the Alpha and I get much better results. He makes some shaft changes and I am now in the Alpha gravity core up with the Oban White. We take this outside. I tell Mark my biggest struggle right now is making my iron and driver swings the same. He says that is the most important thing I can do and should be doing. He truly believes and understands the golf swing should be the same the whole time. We are now hitting out on the range and Mark is sitting behind me tossing me balls to tee up. I now know how a tour player feels. Mark see's a flaw in my grip and I now releasing my hands. He then has me do the rabbit ears drill and that really helps when he has me adjust the grip. What a difference this makes he explains is the hogan theory. What a help, game changing for me. At this point we decide to go with

Driver: BB Alpha gravity core up 10.5 and heel/toe weights switched with the oban white.

We then move to hybrids and fairway woods. He has me hit my xhot 5w and we go to the hybrids and I am hitting them okay but I tell him I kill my SLDR 3h. He laughs at me and goes and grabs it. He watches me hit it 2x and then says Crap you hit that thing really well(he didnt even want to touch the club lol). He then goes and builds a x2hot pro 3h with a Kuro Kage....Folks the hype is real with the club. WOW WOW WOW. I just kill this club. I am totally sold.

Woods/Hybird: 4wX2Hot with tour green, 3h/4h x2hot pro with the Kuro Kage.

Now after seeing this with the x2hots he goes and builds a 9* x2hot driver at +1 w/ draw bias and a tour green shaft. And as much as my ego loved the Alpha with an Oban white. The results spoke for themselves. I get a stupid ball flight with this driver. It so much better we just cant argue with it.

Driver Final: X2Hot 9* +1 with Draw bias in a tour green shaft.

Wedges are my Mack Daddy 2s 54/58 already playing and love them didnt even have to fit them.

Now a big thing for me that we fit that I have been unfit in forever is my grip size. After we get fit correctly I am playing a midsize at +2 wraps. That extra size really made a huge difference for me. Blown away actually. Much easier to release my hands.

Grip: Z-Grip. What an awesome new grip from golf pride. Midsize +2 wraps.

Now on to the putter. I have been playing the metal x milled. He goes and grabs a Tank Crusier 35" #1 after we change some weights I am blown away. I have not gone to a final decision but the weight on that putter leaves me with no choice but to ditch the MXM and go the Tank Cruiser route. I just want to hit a few different head.

All in all what an amazing experience. I really feel like I put my internet ego aside and let my the numbers decide. I am super pumped for my bag and what an amazing experience.

Awesome thread and it's nice to see you go with what works! It'll be cool to see you hitting bombs with that X2Hot on the range in MB.

This is awesome .. I tried to do this with exotics , called them on the phone and even offered them $500 dollars if they would special design a set for me at their facility . Was told flat out " no" " no" and another " no" . We are always stuck with a set off the shelf , or a set that they say is custom fit but in reality not . Need to find a facility like this that will give me a true golf set

This is awesome .. I tried to do this with exotics , called them on the phone and even offered them $500 dollars if they would special design a set for me at their facility . Was told flat out " no" " no" and another " no" . We are always stuck with a set off the shelf , or a set that they say is custom fit but in reality not . Need to find a facility like this that will give me a true golf set

You just found one sir. The Annika Academy was first class all the way

Awesome to see the set makeup that will allow you to dominate Trevor. After reading all of this, I am even more excited to get down there and go through the same experience in 9 days.

Really really awesome thread! Props to the Panda for being so awesome in documenting Trevor's fitting experience! Well done boys!

Thanks Panda & Trevor! Great pics, great experience and a great writeup to finish.

TNT: excellent grip choice! Works like a charm in those hot MB conditions!

I'd love to get a fitting this extensive...I find our local shops to be...well...mediocre.

Great stuff. I love reading about good fittings.

Sounds like a tour pro experience all the way around, confidence in your clubs is huge! Thanks for the write up.

Great stuff Trevor. I can't wait to see you pound the driver in July. Nothing like a quality fitting to get you feeling confident.

He hit his new driver quite well on Saturday folks...

Great read Trevor and man did Mark do a great job for you. I was really impressed with the folks at the AA when we toured it during the Ultimate Outing last year and had planned to go back there for a fitting. It sounds like he's set you up to get the most out of your game and your equipment. You can't ask for more than that. Good luck with the set up, brother.

Awesome job documenting this Pandamonium! Looks like Trevor got first class treatment and will have a set of clubs that will be sure to put both he and his team in a good position for the MC. Glad you enjoyed it Trevor! You deserve it!

Great experience, write up, and coverage. Thanks guys!

Trevor great write up and after talking to you this weekend in more depth I can see the enthusiasm you have for your new set up and that they it will be a perfect fit for your game.

What a fantastic job from both guys thank you both for letting us see what an incredible place that is , and the level of commitment from the Callaway staff.

Now if someone could post a link explaining the bunny ears grip drill I would be a lot less confuzzled

That's a nice looking setup, Trevor.

I love the fact that they went through so many shaft options with you. Really extensive work.

Very impressed that you let the numbers dictate on the driver. The Alpha is a pretty lady that is tough to put down n

Really enjoyed the recap Trevor. Loved to hear how well the AA took care of you! Great setup and you are going to play some great golf with those sticks at #THPMC

Holy crap Trevor. I followed this thread live, but just got caught up on your recap. You nailed it buddy! I love that you were able to put the Alpha on the back burner in favor of the X2hot driver. You will be a force to reckon with in Myrtle in July.

Back