TaylorMade SLDR S Metalwoods Preview

I don't think you are going to see a difference in forgiveness with the s model

Spent some time with them today. It's the same feel and forgiveness as the standard SLDR woods.

How did those good ones compare to your regular gamer?

About the same. I will say though that the stock speeder I really do not like. It's a great shaft for some but it just doesn't yield great results for me.

The fairway feels really solid as well. I'm really looking forward to my fitting for the MC.

So on the launch monitor today on the range I struggled with this one a bit. I was hitting it well, but with 6 balls with this and my current driver I was on average a LOT longer in terms of carry distance with my current driver. According to mikedean who was next to me, it was "not even close" and the numbers supported that.

I'm sure a proper fitting might change that ball flight a bit. Maybe.
Wow.

That sure is underwhelming. Not sure what I am going to do for the MC.

Wow.

Certainly going to be interesting. Like you I really just don't know.

Spent some time with them today. It's the same feel and forgiveness as the standard SLDR woods.

So they go like crazy when you flush one

So they go like crazy when you flush one

Off the center it hits bullets. My miss is towards the heel so the bad shots are not as penal as toe shots.

It demands your complete attention.

Off the center it hits bullets. My miss is towards the heel so the bad shots are not as penal as toe shots.

It demands your complete attention.

for me it is a great comb of long straight and great feel

Wow.

While part of me feels the same way, I am just going to put my trust in my fitter to find the right driver for me.

I will say though that I stopped and looked at the mini driver today and I love the silver and black color scheme.

MEH, TMAG releasing ANOTHER new driver, STOP THE PRESS!!!!!!

MEH, TMAG releasing ANOTHER new driver, STOP THE PRESS!!!!!!

Sorry, you already missed that whole to-do/argument/whatever-it-is nowadays. Same old argument/complaints.

Hahahahaha, waah waah waah..............

This is just my opinion but as a frequent changer of clubs I won't buy tm stuff until it's superceded. You just take too big a hit in the old wallet. Where I live the jetspeed fairways were $350 and now $199.

This is just my opinion but as a frequent changer of clubs I won't buy tm stuff until it's superceded. You just take too big a hit in the old wallet. Where I live the jetspeed fairways were $350 and now $199.

unfortunately that is the cost of being always playing the new stuff it is the same with most of the equipment companies

I'm of the same opinion, and reading through this forum is a perfect example as to why. Newer isnt always better, and it would seem TM missed the mark with this offering.

I hit the driver 3 times yesterday, numbers were pretty good IIRC. I hit it pretty good considering the wind and the feel was nice...but 3 swings isnt exactly a good measuring stick.

It did remind me how light TM drivers are, I used to hate that but I'll reserve judgment until I get to hit it more...if I get to.

So...in 3 swings...I didnt hate it.

Such a good video:

16* Loft on a driver is crazy.
I could probably benefit from it. The bonded driver is no biggie for me because since getting my 910D2 I haven't adjusted it once. I guess I could play around with the settings and see if lofting it up to 13.5 helps me get it airborne a bit higher, but at this point I really think my distance will probably have to come via working on my mechanics and my flexibility, not by necessarily tinkering with my driver.

well you will be seeing a lot of these at The Morgan Cup. SLDRs driver, woods, and hybrids will be in the bag for everyone. I'm looking forward to it. Now just need to figure out how many of each will be in the bag.

well you will be seeing a lot of these at The Morgan Cup. SLDRs driver, woods, and hybrids will be in the bag for everyone. I'm looking forward to it. Now just need to figure out how many of each will be in the bag.

I'm guessing 3 and 5 wood for me to match my current setup.

No mini driver option?

It'll likely mirror my current setup, unless the new SLDR woods give me reason not to because of gapping. If I'm dropping the hammer on that 7w far enough like I think I'm going to be and a 5w doesn't make sense, pssh. Peace out 5w. I contemplated going with a 4w but the numbers I saw weren't backing up the thought process on the first go around. It only adds to the fun behind it all.

Back