Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawkponder any #9 style putter head...

Wedges, wedges, wedges. Extremely torn between the 588 rtx, TP, and SM5. Hmmmmm

Since I wear a 6 - 61/2 shoe, I was pondering the Puma FAAS spikeless but I seen the Footjoy DNA juniors. I like the looks but wonder how they feel after a round walking.

Since I wear a 6 - 61/2 shoe, I was pondering the Puma FAAS spikeless but I seen the Footjoy DNA juniors. I like the looks but wonder how they feel after a round walking.

Have worn my DNAs for 4 rounds now in just about every condition except for pouring down rain. For me, they're as comfortable as the Nike Lunar Controls, which I would claim are the most comfortable golf shoes for me. Of course everyone will be different, but think the DNAs are worth looking at.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

All sorts of pondering going on

- JPX Fli-Hi #4 to replace my 4 iron
- Ping i20 irons. Brand new set for $499 in the local shop. I love these every time I hit them, but I think they're probably a bit too much iron for me.
- Tight Lies 4W
- 34" Tank 2-ball

I probably should just put my credit card on ice.

Last edited:
After my SPI lesson and SeeMore fitting PTM3 or FGP?

After two rounds with the set SW, i20 set LW.

Pondering apex irons. Xhot pros not as forgiving as needed on those days where the swing is off.

Need to buy some lotto tickets

Pondering changing the top of my bag a bit. I love both my fairways but I just don't use them both enough in a given round. I find I either use the 3w 2-3 times or the 5w 2-3 times but never both. I plan to interchange the 3w and 5w depending on which course I'm playing (both with the 7x3) opening up a spot in the bag.

That said I'm thinking either a shovel 3i or maybe a driving iron? I need to spend some time with the X2hot hybo as well.

60* or 58* wedge with more bounce, 50* Hopkins.

I feel like they might get purchased tonight.

One of the best golf investments I have ever made.

Do you have any issues opening it up or hitting from tighter lies? I've always had a non-set wedge there and not sure it's the right call yet.

How come sub $100 driver shafts intrigue me so much

Because most times they function as well as the high end shafts!

I know this. I have high end shafts now. But cheap shafts are fun.

I know this. I have high end shafts now. But cheap shafts are fun.

Agreed, its fun watching them outperform the higher priced shafts at times.

Always used mallets or slant neck blades. Going to be testing out a Karsten TR 5, long plumber neck. Very curious as to how this will turn out. Never could get comfortable over a plumbers neck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have any issues opening it up or hitting from tighter lies? I've always had a non-set wedge there and not sure it's the right call yet.

Not at all on the tight lies part. I dont really open it up a ton and play flop shots. I dont find them easy, therefore, I dont try them often.

This is the first set wedge I have had, and I cannot even begin to explain how much easier it is to hit. I can go at it full swing, I can throw it up soft, I can bump and run it, etc. It just flat out works.

Not at all on the tight lies part. I dont really open it up a ton and play flop shots. I dont find them easy, therefore, I dont try them often.

This is the first set wedge I have had, and I cannot even begin to explain how much easier it is to hit. I can go at it full swing, I can throw it up soft, I can bump and run it, etc. It just flat out works.

You're making a compelling argument! I'll know more after my practice session with the SW this afternoon.

Pondering a trade w/ a guy at my home course. A really really really solid trade.

Pondering a trade w/ a guy at my home course. A really really really solid trade.

What would u see coming ur way?

Irons for irons. Its an interesting conundrum, and I'm having a hard time finding negatives.

sounds like a green light....dont suppose its for Apex? if so theres no such thing as negative with them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back