Johnny Mojo Gets Fit

Sorry it worked out that way for you

Johnny -- Sorry to hear you got run through the wringer buddy. That's the biggest bunch of BS I have every heard from what you call a qualified fitter. He should refund your money and give you the chance to see someone who will honor the profession and do a good job.

Hate to hear horror stories about fittings. Seems to happen a lot. Sorry it happened

Been away for a lot of the afternoon with family responsibilities and limited access to my phone and the forums. To all that responded, thanks for the words. I will say this again. JB and Freddie helped me out a lot and I really appreciate that they were willing to take a look at what I was able to put together. I'm not over thinking this and am confident that what I will be ordering will serve me well in the MC.

This was, in my opinion, a disaster as fittings go. It was also another illustration of the talent and willingness to help in this community. In the grand scheme, I lost a few days being angry and disappointed, but gained even more motivation and drive to succeede. I debated on even posting about but my team and some friends suggested that I do if for no other reason to let others know in the event they were thinking of working with him.

I'm glad I waited a week to put it down too. If I had written about this after it happened, I might have said some inappropriate things and embarrassed myself or my sponsor or THP. I was as fair as possible in my assessment of the events and readily admit that this is only my side. It's over, it's done and I've moved on.

Ill be ready in July....and my gear will be the right stuff.

JM

Keep your head up and don't let it get you down...I know it sucks because I had something similar happen...mine wasnt a fitting, but I paid close to $200 for a one hour lesson with a well know instructor in the Houston area prior to my first Morgan Cup.

He was 20 minutes late for my lesson, we went out and he told me to start warming up...I told him I had already hit a small bucket while I waited....he told me to hit some shots and he would watch....after about 10 shots his phone rang and he took the call and walked away while I was hitting balls, he came back and had me change one little move in my takeaway and told me to hit balls practicing that....he walked away and started talking on the phone again and then he came over and watched me hit another 10-15 balls and said that was good for the day and for me to practice coming more inside on the takeaway and said I was welcome to stay and hit balls as long as I wanted and he left.

He never asked me what my goals were or what my miss was or even what I normally shot and he never once asked if I wanted to take anymore lessons (which I would have said "hell no")

it sucks when you go in with high hopes and get treated like that.

Johnny, you got nothing to be embarrassed about. You went in with the best of intentions, and got someone who only wanted to fit one kind of swing. Seems obvious from your description that he was not interested in giving you your money's worth. There's someone who ought to be embarrassed, in this sad situation, but it ain't you.

Chin up, bro. We got your back.

JM Im sorry you went through this but Im happy JB and Freddie helped you through the process. I have no doubt that come July you will be ready to go with the best tools possible

I know how upset you were last week and I'm glad you posted here. Sorry again for how crappy the fitting was, I know how excited you were for the fitting. I'm glad Freddie and JB are so generous with their time and helped you out--it doesn't get much better than getting advice from those guys.

You will be ready to rock out in July I know it, buddy.

I really just had to shake my head while reading the recap of your first fittings JM. I can only imagine how many others have come away with the same thoughts after their own fittings, or time with professionals, while trying to better their game.

Good for you for pressing on with your journey, for reaching out, and for getting some of the answers you needed/wanted.

I am one who has also gone through a terrible fitting/lesson or two, and know exactly the sort of thoughts/feelings you may have been going through.

Johnny, that stinks so bad that you had this horrible of an experience. I felt myself cringing the entire time reading that. Glad you are out of that funk and glad you got some closure with the help of Freddie and JB.

Johnny, that stinks so bad that you had this horrible of an experience. I felt myself cringing the entire time reading that. Glad you are out of that funk and glad you got some closure with the help of Freddie and JB.

Thanks man. Don't forget, we are gonna hang out in the short game area and have some fun practicing right?

JM

Thanks man. Don't forget, we are gonna hang out in the short game area and have some fun practicing right?

JM

Uuuuuuihhhhhhhhhhh, of course. Gonna be a blast dude.

It is just damn disgusting to me to read Johnnys summary of his "fitting".

Having been paired with JOMOJO at the Branson outing last year, I know first hand how good a guy Johnny is. I also have a pretty good idea how much he loves and enjoys the game, and I saw how much focus he puts into each shot while still clearly having fun hitting them.

I was having a horrible ballstriking day, one of those days where an unexpected bogey after a birdie chance on the first hole turns into a snowball of self doubt and poorly applied swing bandaids, but being paired with Johnny minimized the effect of having a bad round and actually still made the day quite enjoyable.

When I read the initial post about Mojo's upcoming fitting I was really psyched for him. I could tell how much he was looking forward to the experience. I knew that there wouldn't be too many people in this world who would go into it more educated and prepared than Mojo would. Knowing he had an appointment with a "Top 100" fitter had me very anxious to read about how it all went.

After noticing no updates for days after it was scheduled I was a bit worried. I knew if it was a good experience he would have been on here as soon as he got home, or maybe as soon as he got in his car afterward, telling us all about it.

I hate the way it turned out. I hate that not only did it not go well, but it had Mojo out of sorts with his swing due to the way he was treated. That's complete crap. I agree that as long as Mojo's swing repeats, which I know first hand it does, a set of clubs could have and should have been tuned in to help maximize his scoring potential. I know somebody can't be correctly fit if they are going thru swing changes or if they can't consistently produce the same swing...I get that... but if a guy has a swing that is consistent and produces decent results for him don't make him hit 300 balls your way with a 6 iron. Do you think that particular fitter would do the same thing to Jim Furyk if he came in for a fitting? Doubt it, unless Furyk was wearing a disguise and the fitter didn't know who he was...hahaha

Sorry for the rant, but I had to get it off my chest. Johnny is a great guy with a good game. He deserved a fitter that was focused on him and actually wanted to do a good job for him.

Sorry to hear about how your fitting turned out Mojo. I hope in the near future you find somebody who understands what you are trying to do and has more knowledge and compassion than elitist attitude. Please make sure to keep us informed when that happens man.

That was tough to read and you handled it rather well, I would've taken one of those shafts and well you know. At least you came out better for it. Good luck at your next fitting.

Johnny, I'm surprised you you didn't ask for a refund! I would have. But you handled the situation the best you could. I know how much the MC means to you and that you want to be ready. It sucks you were treated that way. Should forward your review to them. Or to who ever says someone is a top 100 fitter.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Johnny,
Dude how terrible. Let this frustration fuel you towards your goal!
Sounds like you handled your poor situation well!

Good luck brother!

Scott Felix has seen the thread and actually called me the other night to discuss my comments. I have been invited back for all the numbers I need and a spin through his putting lab. It will not be until after the MC though. I have made my decision and need to focus on what i am doing and working on with my instructor.

Just wanted to give a brief update.

Thanks all.......

JM

Back