Did golf come easy to you?

SaffaClint

Reaction score
Handicap
+2.3
Ok, so here's a random question but I have to ask. Did the game come easy to anyone? I know a ton of golfers struggle day in and day out but surely there are some to which the game seemed easy from the start?
I was lucky enough to find it "easy" from the start and have continued to do so.

For me, flying and fighting a AH-64 Apache is easy. Riding a 5' tall unicycle is easy. Golf is hard.

Not at all, I was never very good at any sports growing up but I always worked hard to be as good as I could get. Golf was a different animal all together, it took coordination, patience, and a ton of practice, I still have to practice a lot to keep anything that resembles a swing in check and am very happy to do so.

Nope. I don't think I broke 100 until probably 1991 and I started in 1977.

I have broken par only once in my life so I have to say no, it is not easy at all. Now I am just happy to break 80.

It wasn't that hard for me to break 90, probably my Sophomore year in High School, but I have never been able to break 80 consistently.

Enjoyable? Yes. Frustrating? Yes. Satisfying? Yes. Fun? Yes. Easy (even remotely)? No.

Golf did not come easy. Nor has it become easier.

Nope. This is my second full year of playing, and it almost feels like it's gotten HARDER. But at the same time, it's more fun because I'm getting a better idea as to what I need to do. It's pretty much like problem solving outside in the peace and quiet (well, mostly).

I have always been athletic. In a way yes it has came easy. Transitioning from swinging a baseball bat to a golf club is still a work in progress. My swing isn't perfect neither is my grip. However, I can always have fun and for the most part stay in the mid to low 80s.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I typically focus on a goal and move on once it's achieved. Golf is the longest running "un-achieved" goal. No it is not easy for me. The golf swing has come easy but the game and scoring has not.

Never .. A very very very humbling game .. Some techniques make it easier .. But still need to put a lot of time into it to make it easier . Just humbling

Hitting a golf ball a good distance and off the center of the club face came fairly easy to me initially. But breaking 80 on a regular basis has proven to be very difficult.

Absolutely not!

I am used to being able to do things, and do them well after a couple of tries. Golf is not the case here.

I LOVE it though!

While I've seen fairly steady improvement since I really started focusing on my game it would be a stretch to say it's easy. I practice a lot and am still searching for that sub 80 round.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

No. I've always been able to hit the ball, but I couldn't score until lately. Even so, I still spend far too much time in the rough/trees/water and I'm still chipping on 60% of the holes I play.

I can't say it came easy, but I did manage to break 90 pretty quickly. I find the swing and hitting the shots easier now, but getting it all together and actually shooting lower scores hasn't been easy at all.

No way. Not coming easy to me. But that's the challenge, right?

Some days it seems a lot easier than others. But that's why I love it.

Is not an easy game but hugely rewarding

Not easy at all to me, although I admit it came easier to me than several others I know. Took me 4 or 5 years of casually playing to break 90 the first time, then another 3 or 4 of more dedicated work to break 80 the first time, and I haven't been back. I break 90 about half of my rounds now, but consistent low 80's still eludes me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Not at all, and my body hates golf.

For me, I picked up the game fairly quickly and it seemed to come fairly easy as a child. As the child like behavior decreased and I discoverd this thing called nerves it became much harder. What I would do to go back to being fearless on a golf course

Back