Cleveland 588 Custom Wedges

I played with the customwedge website, and after I had tried numerous different combinations, I came to the conclusion, that one of the coolest custom designs would be a RTG wedge, with no paint fill at all, maybe just the dots near "precision forged" could be like gold or something. But, yes, you can spend an entire day clicking those options :D

These are samples on the web site, and I like them too...

screenshot20121127at233.png

Wow the black one is gorgeous. Simple yet all great

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

Put these back in the bag for a practice session today. I may move to them for the rest of the summer. Seem to have life left in them and wouldn't mind being familar with the general shape at address come July.

Some of my favorite wedges ever...not sure why I ever parted with them.

They really are great. My intention last year was to play the entire season with them, but then the Hopkins thing came up and I didn't want to mix brands, so I went that route.

Was nice bringing them out today. Like old friends.

I am glad this thread was revived as I had all but forgotten about this.

Designed/bought this last year as a PW replacement for my old CG10. Raw with toe grind. Looks great in person and it's just starting to rust nicely.

attachment.php

Designed/bought this last year as a PW replacement for my old CG10. Raw with toe grind. Looks great in person and it's just starting to rust nicely.

Looking back, I wish I'd gone raw and did a little grinding, but at the time I didn't really think it mattered much. Not a big deal though. They served me very well.

I still use mine from time to time.
Wow Factor, Widow Maker, Money Maker
Served me well.

I still use mine from time to time.
Wow Factor, Widow Maker, Money Maker
Served me well.

Slightly lol.

JB, are these the same general shape as the RTX MB in your opinion? Not counting the sole, because I know those are different.

They really are great. My intention last year was to play the entire season with them, but then the Hopkins thing came up and I didn't want to mix brands, so I went that route.

Was nice bringing them out today. Like old friends.

What lofts and bounces u rocking?

Slightly lol.

JB, are these the same general shape as the RTX MB in your opinion? Not counting the sole, because I know those are different.

In a general sense they are.

What lofts and bounces u rocking?

49/53/57 and 2-Dots across the board.

I'm not sure I'll put the 49 in the bag though. May just stick with the set GW for now.

49/53/57 and 2-Dots across the board.

I'm not sure I'll put the 49 in the bag though. May just stick with the set GW for now.

In cleaning my clubs I noticed I had a 52 rtx that I've yet to swing cause of my existing set GW. Funny how preferences lean towards those.

Dang this thread bumping had me missing my old set.

In cleaning my clubs I noticed I had a 52 rtx that I've yet to swing cause of my existing set GW. Funny how preferences lean towards those.

Dang this thread bumping had me missing my old set.

We'll see what's on the table for us, but I could easily go RTX CB as GW after what I saw the other day demoing it.

We'll see what's on the table for us, but I could easily go RTX CB as GW after what I saw the other day demoing it.

Noice. I'd have to try It out since odds are the irons we could potentially get won't be swung in advance. Some set GW I love some I don't

Noice. I'd have to try It out since odds are the irons we could potentially get won't be swung in advance. Some set GW I love some I don't

It's sort of a toss up right now, but I don't think I can go wrong either way.

I'm leaning 54* in the 588, 58 SS wedge and back to 62 in the 588 right now

Had a pretty good day with the wedges today on all but 1 shot.

Had 2 shots at 85 to 90 yards which crippled me yesterday but I went 2 for 2 today with 1 around 15 feet and the other I missed right at about 30 but I came too far inside and knew it.

But I had a great day with the 60 and managed to hit some solid shots from the tighter lies which usually gives me fits. Even had 2 on the back 9 check up for me which NEVER happens.

Not happy with green side shots yesterday so back to more practice.

Had a pretty good day with the wedges today on all but 1 shot.

Had 2 shots at 85 to 90 yards which crippled me yesterday but I went 2 for 2 today with 1 around 15 feet and the other I missed right at about 30 but I came too far inside and knew it.

But I had a great day with the 60 and managed to hit some solid shots from the tighter lies which usually gives me fits. Even had 2 on the back 9 check up for me which NEVER happens.

Not happy with green side shots yesterday so back to more practice.

Weird. Greenside has given me fits so far this season. Not normal.

Back