Callaway Golf - Welcome To The 2014 Morgan Cup

So because our little one decided to join us two weeks early, I am now able to get a full bag fitting at the Toronto Callaway Performance center next Thursday at 1:45. I am stoked, and I can't wait to report back on how things go.

If you're getting fit in Canada, does that mean your recap is going to have a bunch of unnecessary U's in it? Can't wait to hear aboot it!

If you're getting fit in Canada, does that mean your recap is going to have a bunch of unnecessary U's in it? Can't wait to hear aboot it!

Hahahaha this made me LOL. Well played Neb, I may have to throw a few unnecessary u's in there.

What do you mean eh? Lol

So boys we have 12 days to decide on what we are going with, how are you coming along? Myself

Driver.. Will know tomorrow
Woods.... 4 deep
3h/4h x2 hot

Irons 5-aw apex with proj X 95 flighted.

54/58 md2

Putter: so tough down to 3... Tank, 330mxm or 7mxm this will be my toughest decision.

But this all could change after my fitting tomorrow will be interesting to see

So boys we have 12 days to decide on what we are going with, how are you coming along? Myself

Woods.... 4 deep
3h/4h x2 hot

54/58 md2

Putter: so tough down to 3... Tank, 330mxm or 7mxm this will be my toughest decision.

I am pretty much set. Just have to figure out irons and if I am going with a hybrid or just ditching it all together.

Driver - BB sstock shaft R flex - Set to D, +2
FW - BB 3w and 5W 1/2 short set to +2 and neutral
Irons - ??
Hybrid - ??
Wedges - Going with the AW and SW from the iron set and a 56 degree MD2
Putter - Tank Cruiser #1 wide 35inch
Ball - SR-1
Glove - Apex Tour
Grips - NDMC White out -Navy

Trevor and dev, sounds like some pretty nice setups. You Callaway staffers have some nice options to pick from, can't see how you can go wrong with any of it!

Yeah going to be interesting to see what changes for me tomorrow after the fitting. I am completely open to what is best. I only care about results

Woods.... 4 deep
3h/4h x2 hot

54/58 md2

I'm interested to see how your fitting goes. Also interested to see if it changes your selections at all.

I'll be at Annika'a a week from Monday, and everything will get sorted out on the drive back to Atlanta. I think the bag is pretty set apart from the FWs and hybrids. But, I want to see what the fitting shows me.

Cannot wait until next weekend. It will be an awesome road trip.

Yeah going to be interesting to see what changes for me tomorrow after the fitting. I am completely open to what is best. I only care about results

Despite the fact that they make the Altitudes look like Miuras, hit the Edge set. They really are quite good.

Woods.... 4 deep
3h/4h x2 hot

54/58 md2

Do you know who will be your fitter?

Woods.... 4 deep
3h/4h x2 hot

54/58 md2

Hanging a lot on my full bag fitting next Sunday with Pat Mahoney at the CPC in Troon North. I've got some inclinations, mostly from the drivers I've hit. Really liked the X2Hot, and I like the look of those irons as well. Putter I'm trying to stay agnostic on, though I really like the shape and features of the Tank Cruiser. Going to kinda go with a mix of fitting info and feel for the putter.

I'm still trying to decide which way to go as far as fairway woods/hybrids. I've only hit the X2Hot fairway woods, and I really liked them.

Right now I'm trying to get a handle on some of the "feel" aspects of clubs. Trying out a lot of grips, finding what I like and find comfortable.

I'm close to a decision.

BB 13.5 - ilima 60s D/N
X2 hot - 4W stock shaft R
BB 5W stock shaft R
X2 hot - 4h & 5th stock shaft R
Apex 6-SW PX 95 or Tour 90
MD2 58
Tank cruiser or WHP

That's where I'm at today! Hopefully some putter testing this weekend and a little more range time to finalize iron shafts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Order submitted this morning for the Morgan Cup. Pretty happy with how it turned out and I am excited to get these clubs on Staff sponsor day and put them through the paces. Just a big thanks to THP and Callaway for going above and beyond for us this year.

Driver:
Big Bertha Alpha (9°)
Shaft ->
Mitsubyshi Rayon Kuro Kage 60, Stiff, Shaft cut to play 44.5"
Grip ->
Golf Pride Tour Velvet (Black), +4 additional wraps

Fairway: X2hot 4W
Shaft -> Aldila Tour Blue FW (Stock), Stiff
Length -> Standard
Grip ->

Hybrid: X2hot Pro (18°)
Shaft -> Aldila Tour Green Hybrid (Stock), Stiff
Length -> Standard
Grip ->

Irons: Apex (4-AW)
Shaft -> KBS C-Taper, Stiff
Lie -> 2° upright Loft -> Standard Length -> Standard
Grip -> Golf Pride Tour Velvet (Black), +4 additional wraps

Wedge: MackDaddy2 (54°) (S-Grind) (Chrome Finish)

Wedge: MackDaddy2 (58°) (C-Grind) (Chrome Finish)

Putter: Odyssey Tank Cruiser 330M
Length -> 38"
Lie -> Standard Loft -> Standard
Grip -> Stock

Ball: SR2

Glove: XL

Awesome Brad. I may have missed it in your fitting thread but how did you end up with the grinds for your wedges?

Awesome Brad. I may have missed it in your fitting thread but how did you end up with the grinds for your wedges?

I talked with the fitter a good bit about what I wanted to do, told him about some of the bunkers at True Blue and Caledonia and he suggested going with a 58° with the C-grind to help get the ball up and out in a hurry when I need to. You were there last year Jordan, so you know that some of those bunkers you had to get it up 6-7 feet in a hurry to get it out. He suggested it would be wise to have a higher lofted club in the bag to help with that. We also talked about what type of divot I took with wedges and that played a role in the grind as well.

Damn guy. 4 wraps? How big are your mitts? Haha. Solid bag right there my friend. Love it.

Whoa. I was about to post the same thing. Glad I read your post. Pondering MD2s right now and wondering the same thing. #greatminds

Damn guy. 4 wraps? How big are your mitts? Haha. Solid bag right there my friend. Love it.

I have some big claws. Don't let me get my hands on you! I used the Lamkin grip fitter to determine what size grips I need. It says I need mid size and Callaway doesn't offer the Tour Velvets in Mid size, so I am just going to have them built up to a mid size grip with tape.

Looks like a nice bag dcbrad

Bradley, I love your setup dude. Except for your grips. You j40 driver last year, was that at the same playing length?

Love seeing all this Callaway goodness being posted here regarding clubs and filling out the bag! Not a bad club to select from with Team Callaway options.

Back