Ultimate Club Testing - Hopkins Wedges - Bradenton/Sarasota

I've been wanting to play there for quite some time. Now that Saturday is nailed down, should I start a separate thread for Friday and Sunday?

Wow, just looked at it online. Beautiful course, I have no problem playing it on Friday if it is all right.

Looks like it would not hurt to have a little local knowledge before the testing round. I think I will bring a extra box or two of balls.

What time are you guys thinking of playing on Sunday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometime a little after noon? One? I've got a four hour drive that morning, so not too early.

Sunday? Or are you talking about Friday .

Sorry, missed the Sunday part of your post. Sometime in the morning Sunday, but not too terribly early.

I'll know more tonight but Sunday morning sounds good. Jwalt84 may be in too

Any other courses you really want to play? I may have a coupon for waterlefe somewhere. Not sure of the fine print

I'm always up for Waterlefe. Heard good things about Sarasota National as well and saw it was only $35 on golfnow Friday afternoon. I've only played Waterlefe, UP, Stoneybrook and the Preserve at Tara down there. I think I played River Wilderness once when my parents lived in there, but that was when I would just hack around with a 7i. I'm not opposed to playing Riverstrand two days in a row, and I'm not opposed to playing a different course each day. As long as I'm playing, I don't much care.

I'll know more tonight but Sunday morning sounds good. Jwalt84 may be in too

For the testing?
If so that is full but we can put him on the waiting list if he signs up for the Albatross Club.
All THP Events are Albatross Club Members only due to the amount of time and effort it takes us to set these up.
Hope you understand.

For the testing?
If so that is full but we can put him on the waiting list if he signs up for the Albatross Club.
All THP Events are Albatross Club Members only due to the amount of time and effort it takes us to set these up.
Hope you understand.

No JB, I was talking about Sunday Morning.

I'm always up for Waterlefe. Heard good things about Sarasota National as well and saw it was only $35 on golfnow Friday afternoon. I've only played Waterlefe, UP, Stoneybrook and the Preserve at Tara down there. I think I played River Wilderness once when my parents lived in there, but that was when I would just hack around with a 7i. I'm not opposed to playing Riverstrand two days in a row, and I'm not opposed to playing a different course each day. As long as I'm playing, I don't much care.

Man, I wish I could take off work Friday and play all 3 days with you guys. I live 20 minutes from those courses so the out of towners should pick Sunday.

No JB, I was talking about Sunday Morning.

Yeah, I understand.
Its a bit of a loop hole to the rules of the single day event.
Oh well, enjoy the weekend. Tell your buddy to as well.

Ooo I'm sorry I had no clue. I was just trying to fill a four some or 2 the day after. I can just tell him no, no biggie

Ooo I'm sorry I had no clue. I was just trying to fill a four some or 2 the day after. I can just tell him no, no biggie

Thats why I said, do what you gotta do.
Sure you always want locals to enjoy THP and the events it offers, but for some, its just not their thing.

I would prefer early on Sunday and anywhere the group decides is fine with me, they all sound great.
Just got the APEX pros in my hands. Great looking clubs, may have to play in the morning to give them a test drive. The folks at the Annika Academy are fantastic, what a class operation.

What time does the testing start? Been looking forward to this, can't wait til sat.!!

Update
Course - Riverstrand
Tee times - 11:08 and 11:16
Cost will be around $40

Wow! Great deal!

I'm going to miss being there with you guys this weekend. I've heard some good things about Riverstrand, and I know you will all have a great time with the testing et. al. I'll also miss being with a great bunch of guys. The good news, though, is that I just got back from my surgery and all went well. The Doc is a little paranoid, though, that I'll try to play golf and rip out the stitches. He made me promise I'd wait at least two weeks, but, I'm okay with that. Just means I have to double up on the work when I get back to playing.

Great news v.man.

3 more work days and then headed south. Pumped to test some wedges and play River Strand.

What time does the testing start? Been looking forward to this, can't wait til sat.!!

I would say sometime around 9 or 9:30 am would be perfect to give everybody enough time to test. I will let our resident testing expert War Eagle chime in on what would be ideal however for updates, etc.

I would say sometime around 9 or 9:30 am would be perfect to give everybody enough time to test. I will let our resident testing expert War Eagle chime in on what would be ideal however for updates, etc.

That's perfect, I was going to ask if there's a format/criteria you would like followed.

You guys are going to be in for a treat. I was hoping I was able to swing this one.

Wow! Great deal!

I'm going to miss being there with you guys this weekend. I've heard some good things about Riverstrand, and I know you will all have a great time with the testing et. al. I'll also miss being with a great bunch of guys. The good news, though, is that I just got back from my surgery and all went well. The Doc is a little paranoid, though, that I'll try to play golf and rip out the stitches. He made me promise I'd wait at least two weeks, but, I'm okay with that. Just means I have to double up on the work when I get back to playing.

Glad everything went well.

I'll handle the buffet for both of us to make sure people know what DotCom is all about. Wardy will be there, too.

With tee times being around 11, I think 9:30 would be a solid time to warm up on the range ( RiverStrand has a water range, FYI) and will give us more than enough time to work there with full wedge shots and then head to the short game area to work on putting the Hopkins wedges through its paces. The short game area here is quite impressive, with a practice green featuring a deep bunker, rough, tight lies and uphill/downhill shots to work on. Shots can range from hitting from the fringe to hitting shots near 60 yards.

If you guys would like, I can structure a format for our time on the range a bit so we can really get some solid feedback for these wedges to those following along here on the forum?

Back