Big Bertha Alpha Driver Review

That is a crazy drive. If we are paired together in the Gauntlet during alternate shot, you are driving. My best are usually 270-280.

That's huge! I've got a lot of work to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a crazy drive. If we are paired together in the Gauntlet during alternate shot, you are driving. My best are usually 270-280.
I'm ok with that. I'll try to put us in good spots.

Had a few more rounds with the BBA and Black Tie combo. Today I put the face on a draw bias since I have been leaking to the right lately. I was happy to see the face didnt appear to close and even happier to not see the duck hook. I hit one toe draw that got me in trouble left of the fairway today but other than that Bertha treated me right...only one drive leaked to the right IIRC.

Looks like a good combination for me...at least today it was.

More to come but the driver isnt the longest I've hit but it seems consistent.

I long to spend more time with this one.....

I can't say enough good things about this driver. Just gives me so much confidence every time I pull it and step up to the tee

Got a little loose with the alpha today. Typically it's caused by over swinging....hit a couple nice bombs trying to keep up with Gregdan though. Course was super wet so roll wasn't in the cards at all.

Got a little loose with the alpha today. Typically it's caused by over swinging....hit a couple nice bombs trying to keep up with Gregdan though. Course was super wet so roll wasn't in the cards at all.

You hit it pretty well today. I think both of us were trying to out drive each other and it caused us to miss a few.

Overall I think we both hit the Alpha pretty good today and I continue to love the confidence it gives me.

Got to hit JB's Alpha w the PX LZ handmade today. It was a very nice combo.

Got to hit JB's Alpha w the PX LZ handmade today. It was a very nice combo.

That shaft just feels ridiculous. You don't have to do much effort and that ball just goes.

You hit it pretty well today. I think both of us were trying to out drive each other and it caused us to miss a few.

Overall I think we both hit the Alpha pretty good today and I continue to love the confidence it gives me.

Glad you boys played together today. That's a fun group.

Glad you boys played together today. That's a fun group.

Add in Ricky and we had a pretty interesting day. Haha.

It really is such a great club though. When I can get my back issues straightened out I know I am as long as I have ever been and it's not even close.

2 rounds in with my Alpha and I love it! Love the sound and the feel and it just goes. Have yet to switch the gravity core but may fool around at the range this week. Definitely a different feel then my old 913 but awesome nonetheless. Can't wait to work it out some more this week.

Man the Alpha was on fire today. It didn't matter if it was into the wind or downwind. I was just blasting it right down the middle and the 2 fairways I missed were just barely off, maybe 5 yards. The swing was really grooved today and I had a ton of confidence swinging the driver and the score showed it. I know this driver isn't going anywhere for a long long time.

Man the Alpha was on fire today. It didn't matter if it was into the wind or downwind. I was just blasting it right down the middle and the 2 fairways I missed were just barely off, maybe 5 yards. The swing was really grooved today and I had a ton of confidence swinging the driver and the score showed it. I know this driver isn't going anywhere for a long long time.
Glad to here this buddy. It was pretty close to being deadly yesterday too.

Glad to here this buddy. It was pretty close to being deadly yesterday too.

I know. Both of us were very close yesterday but I just couldn't miss today. Hit everything really solid and only had one that I kinda blocked right. One the guys I was playing against couldn't believe how far I was hitting it. He is a pretty big dude and hits it a good way but I was out driving him by a good 30-50 yards every hole.

I know. Both of us were very close yesterday but I just couldn't miss today. Hit everything really solid and only had one that I kinda blocked right. One the guys I was playing against couldn't believe how far I was hitting it. He is a pretty big dude and hits it a good way but I was out driving him by a good 30-50 yards every hole.
That's awesome buddy

That is great to hear man. It's got to be a great feeling to be able to step up to the ball and know you are just going to kill the drive no matter what the conditions.

That is great to hear man. It's got to be a great feeling to be able to step up to the ball and know you are just going to kill the drive no matter what the conditions.

It is exactly like that. I can honestly say I have never has more confidence in a driver. It fits my eye so well and I know it's going to do what I want it to as long as I put a good swing on it.

It is exactly like that. I can honestly say I have never has more confidence in a driver. It fits my eye so well and I know it's going to do what I want it to as long as I put a good swing on it.
It is crazy! The face of this driver is hot. One thing I really have come to enjoy is the amount of carry I'm seeing. Typically I don't see much roll anyway, but the ball just seems to cut trough the wind and carry a long ways. Laterally it's not as punishing at the Xhot Pro, but it does let you know if you've struck the face off center. With both a different sound and some loss of yardage. But it's not crippling.

Big like ATL big, or normal human big?

joking. Glad you're crushing it. Not surprising at all, though. The Alpha is humorously long.

joking. Glad you're crushing it. Not surprising at all, though. The Alpha is humorously long.
Haha I can only dream of being ATL Big. I'll compensate for this by moving to the senior tees when we play buddy.

Just humanly. Not sure I can ever be ATL big. Haha. I have hit some bombs with it and after I walked to my ball I was very surprised where I was. Its a pretty cool feeling. I guess I have a little taste of your life everyday on the course.

Just humanly. Not sure I can ever be ATL big. Haha. I have hit some bombs with it and after I walked to my ball I was very surprised where I was. Its a pretty cool feeling. I guess I have a little taste of your life everyday on the course.

There really have been times where I hit the Alpha and just shook my head when I saw where the ball ended up. It can be crazy long.

Really enjoying this driver I think it's very solid. The only issues I've had was the stock shaft and I took care of that today. Can't wait to hit it this week and see what this thing can really do. I really think this can be a very long and consistent driver for me. I also was impressed with how many people hit it well at the king with zero swings with it before that weekend.

Back