Ping Gold Putter Room

AndrewG

Reaction score
Handicap
Hadn't heard of this before - but thought it was an interesting story. Its probably in an old thread somewhere, but I couldn't find it with a search. Ping makes 2 gold putters for any player winning on tour, one for themselves, and one for the player.

I'm thinking I should try a Ping putter when I'm next shopping for one - for some reason, I've never tried them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6-jE9SxobA&feature=related

It is something they have been doing for a very longtime, and still do today.

it's definately cool and a nice momento for the player. definately check out some ping putters, especially the scottsdale line. I did a review on the scottsdale wolverine putter that is around here somewhere. I'm sure you could find it in a search.

Couple of pic's I have....one of Karsten and one of John

Karsten.jpg

JohnInTheVault.jpg

Had never heard of it, but it is a great thing to do for their players!

I wonder how much that many putters is worth?

wow i never knew ping did that! thats pretty cool! prob getting expensive to do now that gold is sky rocketing in price.

The putters are gold plated for normal tournaments, but when a major is won, they make 2 solid gold ones. Think how much Ping spent last year when Oostheisen and Kaymer won the British and PGA.

The putters are gold plated for normal tournaments, but when a major is won, they make 2 solid gold ones. Think how much Ping spent last year when Oostheisen and Kaymer won the British and PGA.
When your putter wins a major, $20,000.00 is not much at the leval John Karsten operates at. When Nick Price won the PGA with a Bobby Grace 'The Fat Lady Swings ' Bobby Grace was building them at home in his garage and got over 40,000 orders that Monday after the tournament.

Always thought this was a nice touch by Ping.

Last time I asked my Ping contact (I take care of the Ping collecting FaceBook page) I was told that all of today's putters for the vault are plated. Not sure they ever were made from solid gold.

BnhxXL_CMAAeJhQ.png

I do this, but I take it a step further. Every time I win a tournament on the PGA Tour, I make two putters out of solid platinum.

I do this, but I take it a step further. Every time I win a tournament on the PGA Tour, I make two putters out of solid platinum.
Very nice i hope you have a big room set up for them

Wow thats quite a bit of putters. I owned the b60 I believe it was called. Very solid flatstick, Ping putters are lookers for sure

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

Back