HP Byron Nelson Championship

Erky

Reaction score
I am looking forward to this tournament. I just found out that a guy I played with a few times growing up, Chris Thompson, qualified on Monday and will be participating. I believe this is his first ever PGA Tour event. He is 37, and has been playing on various mini-tours over the years.

Case Cochran qualified for his first PGA event on Monday as well. Made a crazy hole-in-1 in a playoff :)

I've got a silly team in fantasy golf for this one. Lately I've got just the wrong guys picked, now I went wild and tried to do some research. Crash and burn feeling already :D

Harry Arnett, last night, said he's picking Colt Knost to win. Dude was striping at it at the #kingsofdistance event last night.

Put my picks in on Monday so that I wouldn't forget. Need to recheck tonight to make sure there aren't any WD's on my list.

Picks made yesterday and confirmed today. Rolling with 10.

Patrick Reed and Pat Perez[FONT=Arial, sans-serif] are WD this week in PGA.....[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]UGH had Perez checked my team last night all looked good, apparently he WD'd yesterday but Fantasy never updated his stat[/FONT]us :angry:

Damn you PP!

The PGA TOUR starts its two-week stay in Texas at the beautiful TPC Four Seasons Resort for this week's HP Byron Nelson Championship.
Coverage airs on GOLF Channel and CBS Sports -- Watch all the action online!

Live Video ChannelCoverageAirtimes
GOLF - SimulcastWatch the GOLF Channel (*) television coverage online .
(*) To view GOLF Channel simulcast, you will be asked to login to your cable provider.
Launch video player
video_dkbg.gif
• Thu: 3-6 p.m. ET
• Fri: 3-6 p.m. ET
• Sat: 1-2:30 p.m. ET
• Sun: 1-2:30 p.m. ET
CBS - SimulcastWatch CBS Sports' television coverage online.
Launch video player
video_dkbg.gif
• Sat: 3-6 p.m. ET
• Sun: 3-6 p.m. ET

Patrick Reed and Pat Perez are WD this week in PGA.....

UGH had Perez checked my team last night all looked good, apparently he WD'd yesterday but Fantasy never updated his status :angry:

I had them BOTH on my team.

I read an article somewhere that had PP and PR WD yesterday.

Didn't pick either one though, not picking Reed till his wife has the baby, due date is the 26th so he'll be out next week too.

Reed said he would have left the players last week if his wife went into Labor, so that is one of the reason's why I scratched him LW and TW.

I'm going with some tried and trues and some flyers as well, starting to run out of starts on some guys. My gut told me to pick a couple of guys and of course I didn't so we'll see how that works out.

The course seems to be playing difficult by the looks of the scores today. From my morning group I have two guys of the 4 playing well. However I can see Merrick WD after the 1st round being +9. So much for switching out Oosthie for Merrick as I wanted to go with one of the lower ranked players on a whim.

The course seems to be playing difficult by the looks of the scores today. From my morning group I have two guys of the 4 playing well. However I can see Merrick WD after the 1st round being +9. So much for switching out Oosthie for Merrick as I wanted to go with one of the lower ranked players on a whim.

Are you surprised?

It is Texas after all.

Nope everything is difficult in Texas. Can't wait to catch some of the coverage on tv, as I think this probably one of the only events I haven't watched in the past.
Are you surprised?

It is Texas after all.

Looks like Keegan is having a bad hangover from the Bruins exit from the playoff's last evening. #PullItTogether

It's a much tougher track when the wind blows. Rob Bolton specifically mentioned that Thurs AM players would be the way to go. But, it will blow for them tomorrow because the Thurs AM players will have Friday PM times. I think tomorrow afternoon will be windier than it has been today.

Love seeing Marc Leishman on the leaderboard, especially for Texas events. He is sponsored by The Ben Hogan Foundation. And, he wears Ben Hogan apparal.

Absolutely great. Even better having him as a Fantasy Pick.
Love seeing Marc Leishman on the leaderboard, especially for Texas events. He is sponsored by The Ben Hogan Foundation. And, he wears Ben Hogan apparal.

I'm glad to see someone at SAP made the call and sent Kaymer a new hat to replace that beat up one he was wearing last weekend.

I'm glad to see someone at SAP made the call and sent Kaymer a new hat to replace that beat up one he was wearing last weekend.

That's good, they looked awful last week, didn't even fit right, but...
if I won with them they might stay on my head awhile longer :)

How bout David Duval?! Solid first round. Hope he can keep it together and have a low finish.

How bout David Duval?! Solid first round. Hope he can keep it together and have a low finish.
just saw that & he was tweeting last night that he might have to WD if the treatment on an injury did not work.....guess he is ok

What a great story that would be if he could stick around and even pull out a W.

What a great story that would be if he could stick around and even pull out a W.

He was even thinking about pulling out this week due to injury. Stellar round in afternoon conditions.

I am probably wrong. But isn't this the event the winners from Own The Second Shot were supposed to go inside the ropes to? I don't seem to recall hearing any more about that after the event at Adams last month.

Was there a change in plans or am I just missing something?

Back