Callaway X2 Hot Hybrid Preview

2nd hole today, Par 5. Good drive left me 247 to the middle of the green. Ball was slightly above my feet so I figure that rather than hit the 5deep I'd play it safe and go with the hybrid to put me in front of the green. Choked up about a half inch and put a nice swing on the ball and it just took off. Perhaps it will land a little short and bounce up to the front of the green?

Nope, ball landed on the front of the green bounced through the green. This hybrid is insane

I had this same situation this morning except ball wasn't elevated. No windy but had 240 to center of green. Decided to take 5 deep with controlled swing over X2hot 4/22* hybrid and ended of flying it to front of the green and one bounce off the back of the green. No one was behind us so I decided to drop another ball and take the hybrid and using my stock draw shot fly ball to front of the green and was able to stop the ball just past pin high. Great club and love hitting it off the tee as well.

Pondering 3H something serious. Going 4-PW with the Apex Pros, so now I have a gap to fill. Liking what I reading in here.

Just know that the X2hot are incredibly long. It may not be a bad thing to go with the 4H instead of the 3. You might find you have a bigger gap than you would like.

Just know that the X2hot are incredibly long. It may not be a bad thing to go with the 4H instead of the 3. You might find you have a bigger gap than you would like.

I'll keep that in mind when I try them out in the store. Fighting with my 3i right now, so it might be a good thing I didn't get the Apex pro 3I. I need something that will be my 210-220 club.

I'll keep that in mind when I try them out in the store. Fighting with my 3i right now, so it might be a good thing I didn't get the Apex pro 3I. I need something that will be my 210-220 club.

I ran into the same problem. I have the 20° and it's not too difficult to take a bit off when I need to. In fact it's so easy I dropped the 4i to add the 50° to keep gaps nice at the bottom of the bag.

Im hearing AWESOME things about these hybrids.
For those of you that have hit both the regular and the pro hybrid. what would you say is the main difference?

I don't care about looks, and I have enough distance. Just looking for a forgiving, long hybrid.

Thanks!!!

Im hearing AWESOME things about these hybrids.
For those of you that have hit both the regular and the pro hybrid. what would you say is the main difference?

I don't care about looks, and I have enough distance. Just looking for a forgiving, long hybrid.

Thanks!!!

The main difference between the two is head size. And I don't mean heel to toe length but just the actual size of the head. The regular is a bit bigger and meatier and the pro is a much smaller profile. Other than that I really saw no difference in forgiveness or length.

This club has quickly become one of the highly trusted clubs in the bag right now. From any lie it simply just bombs the ball. Off the tee it's become the fairway finder when my driver isn't cooperating and long enough to not hurt me too much off the tee. No issues off the desk... and the sound / feel of this club can't be beat. Im loving the 85 gram tour blue shaft I have in mine as well compared to the lighter stock one, great ball flight and feel though impact. The boys at Callaway sure done good with this offering this year.

I love these hybrids!!!

After a awful tee shot into some trees and a punch out, my ball was lying in the ruff and hadn't yet reached the fairway which was a solid 10-15' above where I was standing. Ball was on an uphill lie but even with my feet. I pulled the 4h and just put a real smooth and easy swing. The ball launched with such ease that I was stunned. I went to where I thought the ball would have landed which was about 150-160 yards from where I took my shot. After not finding it, Michigan Slice and mmaynard11 came over and found the ball 20 yards further from where I thought is landed. Just amazing.

My PARTNA kc720 is sending me some Callaway fun this week to work with over the next months up to the MC. So I will have some thoughts in this thread about the X2hot hybo (20°) and how it is performing for me. Can't wait to spend some time with this bad boy.

I guess I have to be the dissenting voice regarding this hybrid... I simply cannot stop it from going hard left. I hit my Adams A4 to make sure it wasn't just a hybrid thing, and the A4 was money. I think the lightness of the shaft on this club may be the issue. May think about getting a different shaft for it. It feels great off the face, and I really want to like it!

Warm dry air yesterday. Played 9 holes and used the 3h as my second shot on both par 5s. There was no need to pull my 4w as both swings with the 3h rolled out to 198 and 206 yards. On a good day my 4w is around 210 but no where near as easy to hit as these hybrids. I think I may just have to pull the 4w all together and replace it with a 3deep just to have another option off the tee box or put that 4th wedge bag in my bag. I certainly don't need it from the fairway with these hybrids in my bag.

I got my 22* in last night, and took it to the course today, no range time before the round.

Hit this 6 times, and man I hammered all but one of them (terrible swing with a weak swipe at the ball). So easy to get up and flys straight.

Can't wait to get more time in, the sound is louder and more tinny I want to say then my previous hybrid. Not something that I disliked, just different. Add to it that this club is a half inch shorter and flys at least 5-10 yards further, I could handle something that squealed like a pig when I hit it.

Good stuff. I'm still very much in like with mine.

I am so pumped for these. I absolutely killed them at my fitting.

I am so pumped for these. I absolutely killed them at my fitting.

Even with the original XHots in the bag, these are maybe the new club that excite me most based on the limited testing I have done so far.

I'm really excited for these hybrids. The 4h and 5h performed very well for me today at a local demo day. I am dropping the 5i in favor of the 5h and can't wait. Smooth easy swings produced a nice high flight that landed soft. While I didn't hit on a LM the shots landed on top/just beyond a small ridge behind a green on the driving range. The 6i I was swinging was landing center of the green which should result in roughly a 10 yard gap. The stock tour blue shaft in regular flex works very well for my swing as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I was able to hit the X2hot Pro 20° off the tee 3x this past weekend and each time, it was dead center of the fairway. I love the way these hybrids set up, and even on shots a bit out on the toe, they still fly straight and true. I am so pleased with how the stock shaft pairs with it, just a great offering from Callaway. I'll have the 18° and 23° in my bag in July.

I was able to hit the X2hot Pro 20° off the tee 3x this past weekend and each time, it was dead center of the fairway. I love the way these hybrids set up, and even on shots a bit out on the toe, they still fly straight and true. I am so pleased with how the stock shaft pairs with it, just a great offering from Callaway. I'll have the 18° and 23° in my bag in July.

Have to agree with you Brad. Such a huge game changer of a club.

Well at least that makes one of us...haha I will have a 5Hy in my bag but only as a spare club. I absolutely hate what they did with these this year. Last years version was my favorite. I went with the Matrix Ozik Altus shaft with hopes it may improve it a bit for me. I dont get along well with the stock shaft at all.

I put a Tour Red in my 4h the other day. Didn't really do it for any other reason than to just say I did. Bored and home and wanted to take something apart and put it together. Same length. Feels different. It's a little heavier. That unique Aldila Tour series feel at impact. Didn't really do anything for me performance wise - either on the course or the monitor, but no negative effect either, so it'll probably stay in there awhile. I am still wishing this was a 3h though. Gaps too close the to the 588 for me.

I put a Tour Red in my 4h the other day. Didn't really do it for any other reason than to just say I did. Bored and home and wanted to take something apart and put it together. Same length. Feels different. It's a little heavier. That unique Aldila Tour series feel at impact. Didn't really do anything for me performance wise - either on the course or the monitor, but no negative effect either, so it'll probably stay in there awhile. I am still wishing this was a 3h though. Gaps too close the to the 588 for me.

I might have to give that a swing or two with the tour red in it. Did you see much differance in ball flight? How was feel compared to the Blue? Similar weight?

I might have to give that a swing or two with the tour red in it. Did you see much differance in ball flight? How was feel compared to the Blue? Similar weight?

No real difference in ball flight that I noticed. Feel is different than the stock shaft for sure. Heavier at 75g and a little more active I guess?

No real difference in ball flight that I noticed. Feel is different than the stock shaft for sure. Heavier at 75g and a little more active I guess?

I like the sound of that... wish Tour Red's were more available. I like the heavier shafts in them, have the 85g Tour Blue in my 19* and like that set up. I hit the Adams Pro with the Tour Red in it and liked the way it felt a lot.

I've got a TB sitting at home waiting to find a home as well. I'm thinking of putting it in my 588 for the hell of it.

Back