Monitor Check...How Many?

4 if you count my open tablets monitoring a few things each day.

So that answers the question. I've always wondered how you are in so many threads at hrs same time. Ha

2 for me. I always have outlook open plus our internal ticketing system.

One. It's all I need. I used to have to when I was working with piping prints more.

One 27" but most of my work is done from my iPad or iPhone.

So that answers the question. I've always wondered how you are in so many threads at hrs same time. Ha

The truth is only one on THP. Then I have one editing video, pictures and radio. Then I have one monitoring stock markets. And one monitoring the wire.

6 for my part time job. 911 dispatcher lol I'll snag a picture tonight.

Very cool, I didn't know we had that in common, I used to work in the dispatch center, but now I work for the 911 authority doing technical work and I teach required classes to 911 dispatchers.

As to the OP, I have 3 on my desk but I am very seldom at my desk

What if you were this guy working at a NOC or Network Operations Center
market-guidance-larg.gif

Very cool, I didn't know we had that in common, I used to work in the dispatch center, but now I work for the 911 authority doing technical work and I teach required classes to 911 dispatchers.

Oh wow nice! National or regional teacher? Like do you teach for APCO?

In office I have 2-23 inch monitors for my GPS projects and mapping, at home I have a 24 that for now does fine, I spend more hours in the office.

I got so used to my two at work, that I had to get two at home even though I don't use it for work. So convenient to not worry about window sizes and just throw a game on one screen and browser on the other.

2 a 27" @ 1920x1080 and a 24" @ 1920x1200 for engineering. I put my outlook on the smaller monitor and have the bug one with vertical split screen.

Three screens for me. Primary laptop hooked into a larger flatscreen and a secondary laptop that is hooked to a different network. Product Manager for a software development shop.

Oh wow nice! National or regional teacher? Like do you teach for APCO?

I do teach some APCO classes...but I mostly teach here in my region in Southeast Texas

two here, one for work, one for THP

Two monitors with multiple sessions.

I have two 39 inch monitors on my work station. One has a map on it with lots of moving parts and the other is for normal software and emails

2 for extra fun modeling hospital and healthcare renovations.

I'm in IT and just use my 14 inch laptop monitor. When I travel to offices I see people with 2 - 42 inch monitors on their desk and think they are crazy.

Pharma. I use 2 in an extended fashion: 1 27" and the laptop screen. Could have had a 2nd large monitor, but then i wouldn't be able to see the folks when I have meetings in my office.

Just the one i could get two but i think i would be even more distracted i could have two THP screens open

2 for my sales job.

2 x 24". Thinking of a third at some point.

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Tapatalk

Two 17's. Would live bigger or a third. Risk management. With spreadsheets, multiple systems, outlook, etc all going the ability to see more than one thing at once or stretch Excel across both screens is a huge time saver.

I have just one monitor. I'm in IT sales. The tech crew all have 2 monitors, usually one for whatever they're working on and another dedicated to network monitoring and health. But for me, all I need is one, I can just tab back and forth between applications.

Now, on the other hand, at home when I'm doing some music production work, I would KILL to have two monitors.

I've probably gone somewhat overboard - I've got 3 on my desk. My Laptop screen, a monitor attached to the laptop, and a monitor attached to a workstation I use for "heavy lifting" jobs. I'm a computational biologist.

I have a 27" iMac and a 27" Thunderbolt display. I used to have another 24" Dell display turned vertically, but it was a little too much. I have Twitter, Outlook and Apple mail on one display and whatever I'm working on on my iMac.

Back